Powered by Outside

D1** whistler

PB Forum :: Downhill
D1** whistler
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 15:23 Quote
its pretty basic, that first section you can see is the only sketchy part. Those two jumps are the only other part at all scary. The rest is just fun little doubles (rollable) and nice berms through the woods. The berms have NO break bumps because people rarely ride it so they are a super nice change from a-line or DM. Give it a try!

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 15:34 Quote
Yeah, I'd agree it is really fun and the jumps later on in the trail, the bigger two aren't even bad at all. If you just kept your speed up you'd make both easy. It's a short trail though, really short compared to A-line or Dirt Merchant, but definitely worth it, cause there's no brake bumps or anything. I think the first part of the trail keeps most of the people who would leave brake bumps out.

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 17:00 Quote
D1 doesn't see a whole lot of traffic. You would be fine to cruise through and scope it out.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 17:16 Quote
evankennedy wrote:
D1 doesn't see a whole lot of traffic. You would be fine to cruise through and scope it out.

thats what i was thinking

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 9:04 Quote
FaultLineMediaGroup wrote:
thats it! Next time I'm in whistler I'm gonna have to film it with someone!!!

Also nobody mentions that you can get at it by taking facrobat! Another tech trail like in deep but its a liitle more fr orientated... Has some cool ladders and some skinnys.. Then it pops you out just above d1!!!

Check out our vids!!

-EricP.

did you get a video?

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 11:24 Quote
ive been searching the internet for stuff on d1 and that photo posted earlier in this thread is the only photo ive ever seen of d1
i'd love to go hit it next season though

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 19:58 Quote
coopers wrote:
I live in Whistler and this one of my favorite trails. You can access it by hitting little alder, which is another less ridden trail. Little alder is just plain singletrack with no stunts. Or you can take the expressway road off the side by the containers on freight train. In Deep also ends up at lil alder.

D1 itself starts out with a tricky tech start over some gnarly roots and drops off into a step down to big berm. From there on, its all big gaps and sick jumps. Don't even think about entering unless you got DJs dialed. It's super smooth and nice, you just have to work hard to clean the trail for sure. It's a bit tight in the trees, not alot of room for mistakes.

D1 is located to the right of Too Tight.

Little alder is super fun to ride. Never done D1 though....maybe next year...

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015889
Mobile Version of Website