Powered by Outside

How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Manual?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Manual?
Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 3:08 Quote
well i've been riding for ages now, and i still cant manuel (consistently anyway) something i can never sus.

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 3:17 Quote
i still can't manual, even after practicing for months.

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 3:23 Quote
3 years of practicing on and off b4 it was perfect,but in thoughs 3 years i pulled some of my longest and fastest manuals, what workes for me is,,,every time i screw up a trick i think abought what was throwing me off,(like leaning to far to my right wen manuals)then truble shoot away to stop leaning,,,sorry for the rant,,but not really
learn trials learn trials learn trials learn trials learn trials learn trialslearn trials learn trials

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 3:28 Quote
I've been riding on and off for about 6yrs (about 1½-2yrs in reality) and I still can't hold a friggin manual unless I'm razzing it down hillMadder

Neither can my mate though and he used to race motocross for years - there's still hope for everyone!

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 3:39 Quote
manualing is weird... some days u can manual for ages no problem, some days u cant...
it took me a few weeks to get it properly sussed..

first just getting the front up enough,
then flipping backwards a few times,
then realising if u pump your legs and move ur ass forwards and back you can hold it for longer,
then i could manual for like 20/30m with feathering the brake
now i hardly use the brakes! its all about body position

yea manualing on a slight hill is easier, but just cranking it and getting up to speed is just as good,

i recon i can manual for like 20 seconds?...

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 4:05 Quote
i used to bike non stop which tired me out. but then i got grounded from going outside, so when i was ungrounded i was rested up and started trying manuals. it took 2 weeks to get them going a good distance. then i got street tires with less rolling resistance which made it way easier. no i can manual for streets and turn or manual hop stairs land in a manual

Mod
Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 4:34 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
learn to ride a unicycle!!!! lol
but seriously after I learned to ride my uni, my balance was soo much better on the bike both side to side and front and back.

Damn fine idea. I haven't tried unicycling for years...might have to hit e-bay in a bit Smile

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 5:00 Quote
I can manual a good 10-20 feet (20 being a good day) i want to learn how to just keep going.

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 6:42 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
but seriously after I learned to ride my uni, my balance was soo much better on the bike both side to side and front and back.
oh ya true, i have a uni too, i guess that helps

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 7:03 Quote
it took me a good 2 hours to get a 4 foot mamual pad down

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 23:32 Quote
almostwise wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

Damn fine idea. I haven't tried unicycling for years...might have to hit e-bay in a bit Smile

Unis are one of the most fun things ever... A trail that is lame on a bike is totally a gnarly trail on uni and is super fun. And once you learn you almost never forget how to and you will see a carry over into your biking, and when you can bust out a uni and ride one, everyone is impressed..:P

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 23:43 Quote
well i havent been trying to learn how to manual, but after 2 years of biking i can

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 at 0:05 Quote
A few day's back I did an attempt.
After a few meters I leant too much too the back,
my pedal was a bit too grippy and wouldn't let go my left foot quik enough.
I broke my ankleMadder , my next attempt will be in 2009. Or in a wheelchair.lol

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 at 3:25 Quote
fbkona wrote:
A few day's back I did an attempt.
After a few meters I leant too much too the back,
my pedal was a bit too grippy and wouldn't let go my left foot quik enough.
I broke my ankleMadder , my next attempt will be in 2009. Or in a wheelchair.lol
ive done that befor while weelying it sucks Whip

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 at 3:31 Quote
I make hella long manuals now,but i've been doing them since 6-7 months...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013281
Mobile Version of Website