Features for a freeride park

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Features for a freeride park
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 15:11 Quote
jcc1015 wrote:
Don't be stupid, we want to keep this realistic, if you wnt to have sex with brenden youll have to do it elsewhere.

who the heck is brenden?

and its a realistic though... just have an area that you have to be (21 in us and waht is it 18 in canada?) to get into wtih em in there!

def start it with a nice roll in to a sweet first jump or start with a drop

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 15:12 Quote
That comment was directed at dirtjumper51, hes a friend of mine who is just being stupid. The beer vending macine idea most likely would not pan out because as it stands we will have no electricity and the park will not be fenced off.

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 15:29 Quote
w
jcc1015 wrote:
Don't be stupid, we want to keep this realistic, if you wnt to have sex with brenden youll have to do it elsewhere.
whoa um im pretty sure its only the ladies can have sex with me unless nick wants to join in with the ladies lmfaoCool
jkjkjk

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 15:30 Quote
This is very nice. Smile

BUT, as you already know, Ontario in general is a very flat landscape, so it will be kinda pain in the ass to have to pedal into a decent velocity.

SO, what I'm suggesting is that you start it off with a decent, and appropriately sized, drop that gives you enough speed to begin with. And the landing should be obviously a nice curve resembling a quarter pipe, so that the (first) drop does not shake the rider and that you can bullet out of it.

Also, concerning speed, you should implement bumps, smooth and angled at the same time. Obviously, this is like a "pump-bump", I guess, so that the rider can maintain a desired speed to the next jump.

BUT seeing that this model is more of a jump park.. This might not be required.

BUT, I'm also suggesting you create the park into more of a short trail, with berms/switchbacks, in order to utilize all the space and also if you have a limited space lot.

OBVIOUS NOTE: Berms and "pump-bumps" are awesome little things! You can maintain lots of speed, both out of corners and during long intervals!!!

And, since it's hard to concentrate on doing hard tricks while in the middle of a trail, I suggest putting a HUGE step-upper! Clearly, so that you get a lot of air and hang time, but a softer landing, relatively compared to a normal double...

BTW: Sorry where is this in Ontario? Orleans??

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 16:17 Quote
theminsta wrote:
This is very nice. Smile
Sorry where is this in Ontario? Orleans??
it outside of ottawa

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015666
Mobile Version of Website