Need some advice ladies... to a guy with a tempermental gf (that rides)

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
Need some advice ladies... to a guy with a tempermental gf (that rides)
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 at 8:43 Quote
sjones10 wrote:
pamela handerson is every mans best friend.

Pamela is nasty...[/Quote]
pamela handerson has been good to me for a long time!

Posted: Nov 17, 2008 at 10:37 Quote
sjones10 wrote:
olliegirl wrote:
LMAO that sounds like me and my bf.. I just learned to ride in Whistler this past year and I would do the same thing...I think I take advice as criticism and it sounds the same with your girl. Its determination to finish something and we get frustrated, the more frustrated we get the more we dont want to give up. We know you are trying to help. My bf was a pro racer, he has alot of knowledge why wouldnt I want advice from him, but in the heat of the moment when I am frustrated I dont want to hear anything from him, I want to be able to do it on my own. I tell him to be quiet because Im trying to concentrate. We want advice just not at that time. Women are confusing, I know, my bf says he understands how you feel.

It's good to know im not alone in this problem, and nor is she. (although i knew we wouldnt be). The only solice i get in this is knowing she will eventually get it and stop threatening to kill my mother and throw me off a cliff. Thank god she understands when i get angry at a video game and chuck the controller at the wall... this way i can stand back and watch her get angry at her bike... although she doesnt end up throwing it at a wall... (of which i am guilty with regards to the trials bike, thank god its a steel tank).

HAHAHA, ok you are just like my bf, he gets angry at video games too, and he has chucked his controller a few times as well!!!! Almost broke it, im VERY surprised its not broken, mind you it does have a rattle to the controller now. HahA

Mod
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 at 11:09 Quote
curiousdeanne wrote:
I think all girls are the same.
Naw... advice is always good!

Who takes biking seriously enough to get frusterated...? It's all about being calm and collected. Won't accomplish anything besides hurting your or your bike if you get angry.

Posted: Nov 17, 2008 at 11:14 Quote
You want to meet my sister. She freaks out if she can't get te balls to do a jump or drop or something. But then usually when I tell her to 'shut the f*ck up' or 'stop moaning like a little bitch' and 'stop being a vagina' she usually plucks the courage to send it.

Im stoked for my sis, she can stick it with the big boys even though initially she's a bit of a retard.
But hey, thats girls for you Smile

Posted: Nov 17, 2008 at 12:15 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
You want to meet my sister. She freaks out if she can't get te balls to do a jump or drop or something. But then usually when I tell her to 'shut the f*ck up' or 'stop moaning like a little bitch' and 'stop being a vagina' she usually plucks the courage to send it.

Im stoked for my sis, she can stick it with the big boys even though initially she's a bit of a retard.
But hey, thats girls for you Smile

face meets palm.

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 22:50 Quote
curiousdeanne wrote:
Sometimes the guys just don't know how to explain it to girls properly. Instead of trying to correct her form just encourage her and show support when she accomplishes something. She'll ask for help if she wants it. Thats the difference between guys and girls, we know when to ask for help. Correcting her while she's frustrated is only going to have you fixing your sexual frustrations with your right hand.

I agree. Its even more frustrating when the man starts giving you tips on how to ride better when your already bonking. If she was giving you "helpful hints" during the ride you would probably tell her to f* off too.

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 23:02 Quote
Wow, I am suprised that so many girls have defended her getting angry with her parner for trying to help....I wouldn't expect that from my mates if I tried to help them, and I wouldn't be like that with them if they tried to help me, the BEST way to learn is by advice given from better riders, I personally love riding with people much better than me so that I have every opportunity to learn more.

I am not critisizing, I am just suprised that getting angry over a bike ride is considered acceptable?

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 23:06 Quote
robbie7127 wrote:
Wow, I am suprised that so many girls have defended her getting angry with her parner for trying to help....I wouldn't expect that from my mates if I tried to help them, and I wouldn't be like that with them if they tried to help me, the BEST way to learn is by advice given from better riders, I personally love riding with people much better than me so that I have every opportunity to learn more.

I am not critisizing, I am just suprised that getting angry over a bike ride is considered acceptable?

When you're frustrated, the last thing you want is someone telling you that you're doing things wrong.

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 23:11 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
robbie7127 wrote:

When you're frustrated, the last thing you want is someone telling you that you're doing things wrong.

On a personal note I'd rather be told I am doing it wrong, whats the point of doing it if its wrong? And as for getting frustrated, if biking frustrated you arn't you in the wrong sport? I never get frustrated biking...its my hobby

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 23:22 Quote
robbie7127 wrote:
signorvince2 wrote:
robbie7127 wrote:

On a personal note I'd rather be told I am doing it wrong, whats the point of doing it if its wrong? And as for getting frustrated, if biking frustrated you arn't you in the wrong sport? I never get frustrated biking...its my hobby

Cool.

Maybe biking isn't her thing? You do realize that there are people out there who don't enjoy it, right? Maybe she's doing it for him, and not because she actually wants to. You learn by experience. I'm sure you didn't have a coach right next to you all the time telling you the exact "perfect" thing to do. It's different for everyone, and sometimes they want to figure it out on their own.

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2009 at 21:50 Quote
sjones10 wrote:
She cant get up a hill... she gets real mad at herself.
I say calm down because shes needlessly stressing herself out. she tells me to f*ck off.
shes real stubborn and continually tries the hill... i have to wait for her to finish what shes trying or until she gives up. (only on technical uphills or technical downhills)
ahahaha like the first day that my fiance and I went riding I did this lmao. I was so mad cause he kept going up the hill trying to show me how to do it and I would just get even more frustrated lol. I made him stay there till it was almost dark before I would go home. I was so mad that I couldn't do it. The hill was sandy and my tire kept washing out Really Mad

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 15:00 Quote
lol all this makes me glad my GF dont ride with me, besides im a downhill'er i dont ride up hill lol and on the downhill its every man for him self (i havnt ever ridden with a girl Blank Stare )

my point, compliment the good, dont compliment because you can (other wise you end up sounding really patronising)

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 15:32 Quote
i like riding with ma gf, fun to tech her

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 15:37 Quote
dabomb666 wrote:
sjones10 wrote:
pamela handerson is every mans best friend.

Pamela is nasty...
pamela handerson has been good to me for a long time![/Quote]

you mean Palmela handerson, right?
And her friend Handgelica?

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 13:39 Quote
hey sean (sjones10) you bastard maybe you should respect your girlfriend's privacy and not post bull shit like this about her in the internet!Hey people want some advice If you actually love your mate don't talk about them on message boards like this especially insulting how they ride. If your that rude that you just can't help yourself be smart enough abouit it that they don't have their own account and are able to find this stuff! YOU ALL SHOULD BE ASHAMED!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030683
Mobile Version of Website