Blk Mrkt MOB VS. Specialized P.3

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Blk Mrkt MOB VS. Specialized P.3
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 16:42 Quote
yeah well 36/45 but...ok i see your point...i guess he could order the wrong one...highly unlikely though

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 16:48 Quote
actually got a question for you demo....im runnin that hydrotwister and a deity 24.5 stem...I havent cut the steerer tube yet cause i'm wondering about adding spacers...the hydro twister makes it kinda high but the new deity stem has a real short stack hieght...i wanted to add like a 2mm and a 5mm spacer for just in case but i have always rode park bikes handlebars slammed...no spacers...is it beneficial to stack it a few mm higher with the spacers...i didnt want to change the cockpit geo too much but maybe it helps make it easier to manual/barspin?

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 16:50 Quote
I own a P3...
I rode a MOB and its ALOT easier for Street, on the otherhand... P3s are GREAT for DJing, and average for street.

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 16:56 Quote
I am the owner of a p. 3 and I have to say the mob is super nice and clean but the mob it more of a street, park frame while the p.3 is more of a DJ, hard tail freeride bike both are good at what they are made for imo.

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 16:56 Quote
DFC4LIFE wrote:
actually got a question for you demo....im runnin that hydrotwister and a deity 24.5 stem...I havent cut the steerer tube yet cause i'm wondering about adding spacers...the hydro twister makes it kinda high but the new deity stem has a real short stack hieght...i wanted to add like a 2mm and a 5mm spacer for just in case but i have always rode park bikes handlebars slammed...no spacers...is it beneficial to stack it a few mm higher with the spacers...i didnt want to change the cockpit geo too much but maybe it helps make it easier to manual/barspin?

Not sure. I know the hydro gyro (whatever it is) is pretty tall. I would think a headset with a short stack top (not the spacers) would be best. Then if you need more you can add spacers to it.

I like a few spacers between the stem and headset to begin with, so you may not want any spacers at all with the twister. I always max out on the spacers on top of the stem until I get that magic height THEN cut the steerer. Then re-arrange like one spacer on the top. What is the stack height of the twister??

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 16:59 Quote
that makes sense...from what you were saying about your headset i was wonering if taller was better or somethin...that is a sick set up you have though...those elites are soooo damn expensive though

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 17:07 Quote
That is why I got the high stack headset. It looks better without a lot of extra spacers to add underneath. For your set-up I think your lower headset stack is better since you have the twister.

But space it out and ride it around before you cut that steerer.

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 17:40 Quote
will this work...

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/HS409A18-Cane+Creek+Is-2+Integrated+Headset.aspx

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 18:21 Quote
slugster wrote:
will this work...

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/HS409A18-Cane+Creek+Is-2+Integrated+Headset.aspx

I believe so. 45/45 and 1-1/8".

And the twister is 25mm height. That's a good amount of spacage.

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 19:28 Quote
got one better for ya...how does the damn twister work?...it's supposed to be pre-bled cause its connected to the lever and brake in the package...that damn thing wont move though...im gonna try to pump the lever to get the fluid movin and see if that helps...you got any idea?

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 3:06 Quote
demo-9 wrote:
DFC4LIFE wrote:
and its not a special size headset...its just integrated

There are 2 standard sizes. There is 36/45 and 45/45 angular contact. You need the 45/45.

Like demo-9 said 45/45 also referred to as "campy spec" is what you need...not trying to show off but you'll see that phrase alot!

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 15:11 Quote
They both have their strengths and weaknesses. The BlackMarket frame is more street and park oriented, the Specialized P.2 or the P.3 is more oriented to the hardtail freeride and dirt jumping section. I guess it's more up to your style of riding.

Yes, the spesh feels sluggish for street and park due to its low bb height, but it feels incredibly stable and controlled when you jump and huck around with it.

It depends on your style, frequent place of riding:

-closer to city and more urbanized places and you ride them the most = BlkMrkt
-closer to the woods and the forest and you like to have an all-rounder, especially good at jumping and beefy+light = Spesh P.2 or P.3.

I think the fight should be over?

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 15:36 Quote
theminsta wrote:
They both have their strengths and weaknesses. The BlackMarket frame is more street and park oriented, the Specialized P.2 or the P.3 is more oriented to the hardtail freeride and dirt jumping section. I guess it's more up to your style of riding.

Yes, the spesh feels sluggish for street and park due to its low bb height, but it feels incredibly stable and controlled when you jump and huck around with it.

It depends on your style, frequent place of riding:

-closer to city and more urbanized places and you ride them the most = BlkMrkt
-closer to the woods and the forest and you like to have an all-rounder, especially good at jumping and beefy+light = Spesh P.2 or P.3.

I think the fight should be over?

I can agree with that. The original question was vague. As far as grade of tubing, craftsmanship, level of detail, weld quality, etc. - the Mob is far superior. Geometry is a preference thing. IMO the Mob is also a better DJ frame.

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 17:24 Quote
after having my riot built for a few weeks now i can easily tell you that there is NO contest. On dirt, on street, in park NO CONTEST. It's not a IMO or preference thing. If you buy a p anything after riding a blk mrkt bike then you didnt truely ride the blk mrkt bike and would be just as well off with a wall-mart special. I have been a spesh fan for a while and have ridden friends p-bikes in all of the above conditions. NO CONTEST. End of discussion.

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 at 18:01 Quote
DFC4LIFE wrote:
after having my riot built for a few weeks now i can easily tell you that there is NO contest. On dirt, on street, in park NO CONTEST. It's not a IMO or preference thing. If you buy a p anything after riding a blk mrkt bike then you didnt truely ride the blk mrkt bike and would be just as well off with a wall-mart special. I have been a spesh fan for a while and have ridden friends p-bikes in all of the above conditions. NO CONTEST. End of discussion.

agreed, my friend loves his p.3 to death, and after just dinkin around on my mob for 10 mins hes considering selling his p for a blkmrkt haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.048453
Mobile Version of Website