Drive my own car or get a custom bike?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Drive my own car or get a custom bike?
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 14:57 Quote
Now that's an idea Big Grin i'd make a few modifications to it though...

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 14:58 Quote
I dont think you could find a girl that would ride in that lol.

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 14:58 Quote
iamanidiot wrote:

powered back wheel for the ups.lol

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 14:59 Quote
dirtbiker327 wrote:

ah your on to something there,just get a girl with a car.Salute

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 15:01 Quote
marquis wrote:
dirtbiker327 wrote:

lol suga momma thats my plan for later in life but why not start now.Big Grin

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 15:03 Quote
Take the car. Much more important in the long run (i.e. jobs, commuting, independence/personal freedom) than a blinged-out bike.

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 15:05 Quote
dirtbiker327 wrote:
marquis wrote:
dirtbiker327 wrote:

lol suga momma thats my plan for later in life but why not start now.Big Grin

mine was meet girl suffer for x amount of years and voila she has just passed her test.lol

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 15:07 Quote
get the car...then get a job, itll teach you something/youll be able to build up your dream bike and then you know its yours so they cant take it away from u or w/e, then build up the bike

Mod
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 15:15 Quote
Cars just suck the money from your pocket. Sure, $40 in gas might not sound like a lot but you probably fill up once a week if not sooner. When you first get your own car, you do a shitload more driving than anticipated. You quickly become the taxi for your friends! Even if you promise yourself you won't drive them everywhere they want to go, you will be amazed at how often you drive. That is over $2000 in gas. Then, figure in maintenance and a bike sounds a hell of a lot better. I don't know about you but when I drove my parents' cars for the fist bit, gas, carwashes, insurance, and maintenance all seemed to get taken care of/paid for them. When I got my own car, gas, insurance, and maintenance became my responsibility. Cars are a shitty investment and aren't worth anything.

Sure, they give you independence but can you seriously not work it out with your parents?

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 15:17 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Cars just suck the money from your pocket. Sure, $40 in gas might not sound like a lot but you probably fill up once a week if not sooner. When you first get your own car, you do a shitload more driving than anticipated. You quickly become the taxi for your friends! Even if you promise yourself you won't drive them everywhere they want to go, you will be amazed at how often you drive. That is over $2000 in gas. Then, figure in maintenance and a bike sounds a hell of a lot better. I don't know about you but when I drove my parents' cars for the fist bit, gas, carwashes, insurance, and maintenance all seemed to get taken care of/paid for them. When I got my own car, gas, insurance, and maintenance became my responsibility. Cars are a shitty investment and aren't worth anything.

Sure, they give you independence but can you seriously not work it out with your parents?

how far will a golf cart go on one charge.???

Mod
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 15:18 Quote
No idea. Bring an extension cord and plug it in or buy a generator and charge it on the go?

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 15:18 Quote
iamanidiot wrote:
I have put my Dh bike broken down on this exact trailer and done trips of over 1500 kms with all my camping gear and grub. I set up an xc hardtail with slicks and tribars and bring extra tires then Im in the mountains with both my bikes and you would not believe the camping spots you can find

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 15:19 Quote
laurie1 wrote:

My friends pay me petrol(gas) money if it's more than a short distance. If you have friends that don't, then you haven't got very nice friends.

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 15:20 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
No idea. Bring an extension cord and plug it in or buy a generator and charge it on the go?

hey that generator is a good idea i never looked at it like that.Salute

i would get this then,note the rack included.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.sadlebred.com/otr/images/2006/rome306.jpg

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 15:20 Quote
yea i can work it out with them sometimes, but if it doesnt work out then we get into a fight lol and currently im filling up every 2 weeks so i dont need to drive around THAT much but it helps for work/the gf/ getting to different jumps...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014164
Mobile Version of Website