Powered by Outside

Trash Talkers need to grow up

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Trash Talkers need to grow up
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 21:24 Quote
andrew22 wrote:
Thanks for starting this... there are a lot of punks out there who live off makin fun of others! And yes they all start somewhere!
Your welcome, I've gone through it before and I even had second thoughts bout making it but I figured it would help someone who needed it, without starting somewhere how would you get good?

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 21:28 Quote
JoshuaDeArman wrote:
andrew22 wrote:
Thanks for starting this... there are a lot of punks out there who live off makin fun of others! And yes they all start somewhere!
Your welcome, I've gone through it before and I even had second thoughts bout making it but I figured it would help someone who needed it, without starting somewhere how would you get good?

I know like every pro started out on something worse than we had when they were kids im sure! I started out on a GT Agressor 80mm of shocks... until I found DH/FR and such but I've progressed! So yeah good job!

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 21:32 Quote
Another thing do you ever wonder how many of these trash talkers are actually good at riding their bikes. I know I suck but how many of these people are actually half as good as they claim.

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 21:33 Quote
Darkdanner wrote:
Another thing do you ever wonder how many of these trash talkers are actually good at riding their bikes. I know I suck but how many of these people are actually half as good as they claim.

Hahaha good point!

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 21:33 Quote
andrew22 wrote:
JoshuaDeArman wrote:
andrew22 wrote:

I know like every pro started out on something worse than we had when they were kids im sure! I started out on a GT Agressor 80mm of shocks... until I found DH/FR and such but I've progressed! So yeah good job!
Thanks, I'll admit that I suck, and I don't have a problem with it, I love my bike, love Ridin, and I'd never give it up for anything, I started out on a specialized hardrock up untill like a year ago, haha

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 21:36 Quote
there is indeed way too much smack talk online, it seems that a lot of people with insecurities in the real world pump themselves up when they get online. that being said, sometimes i do get a kick out of some of the spats of pb...people make total and complete asses out of themselves.tup

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 21:37 Quote
JoshuaDeArman wrote:
andrew22 wrote:
JoshuaDeArman wrote:

Thanks, I'll admit that I suck, and I don't have a problem with it, I love my bike, love Ridin, and I'd never give it up for anything, I started out on a specialized hardrock up untill like a year ago, haha

Yeah gt agressor, and was afraid to jump of four stairs (about 2 1/2 feet or 3ft)! I'll admit it! Now i have an Azonic steelhead I got like 2 years ago and never been on a trail bc they're far away and got to get my drivers license but i ride around my house and use what i can... Biggest thing ive done was on a basement being built rode off the side like 7ft hahaha!

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 21:41 Quote
andrew22 wrote:
JoshuaDeArman wrote:
andrew22 wrote:

Yeah gt agressor, and was afraid to jump of four stairs (about 2 1/2 feet or 3ft)! I'll admit it! Now i have an Azonic steelhead I got like 2 years ago and never been on a trail bc they're far away and got to get my drivers license but i ride around my house and use what i can... Biggest thing ive done was on a basement being built rode off the side like 7ft hahaha!
Nice, on the hardrock Ive done a 10stair and my new bike I just do dirt jumps on, tryin more tricks but can't get em yet, but never keep tryin, I'll get it one day, same with you, just keep tryin

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 21:42 Quote
JoshuaDeArman wrote:
andrew22 wrote:
JoshuaDeArman wrote:

Nice, on the hardrock Ive done a 10stair and my new bike I just do dirt jumps on, tryin more tricks but can't get em yet, but never keep tryin, I'll get it one day, same with you, just keep tryin

Yeah totally keep up, I plan on doing a small DH race in june, I'm stoked!

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 21:44 Quote
andrew22 wrote:
JoshuaDeArman wrote:
andrew22 wrote:

Heck yeah, downhills fun, I'm going to red river/angelfire during the summer to ride some downhill courses, can't wait

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 21:45 Quote
JoshuaDeArman wrote:
andrew22 wrote:
JoshuaDeArman wrote:

Heck yeah, downhills fun, I'm going to red river/angelfire during the summer to ride some downhill courses, can't wait

Never heard of that place... I live in southern Indiana not much but XC trails and singletrack! Good luck!

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 21:49 Quote
andrew22 wrote:
JoshuaDeArman wrote:
andrew22 wrote:

It's in new Mexico, mainly a ski resort but during the summer you can ride it, pretty sick

Never heard of that place... I live in southern Indiana not much but XC trails and singletrack! Good luck!

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 21:50 Quote
JoshuaDeArman wrote:
andrew22 wrote:
JoshuaDeArman wrote:

Nice, enjoy!

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 9:00 Quote
andrew22 wrote:
JoshuaDeArman wrote:
andrew22 wrote:

Nice, enjoy!
ok, thanks!

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 11:32 Quote
People have to realize some people can just ride. Some guys just don't need to try and can land tricks and be smooth. I knew a guy that after 2 years off learned tuck nos in about 10 minutes over a good sized step up. Granted it was a nice jump for tricks but he was just good. I was pissed (read jelous). That is the problem, he has no right to make fun of guys that are not as good as him, he just won the genitic lottery and got the reflexes or what ever it takes. Some of us have to ride every day to get even half that smooth. Then there are the guys like me that have to try to learn tricks, the not natural riders that can't admit they get jelous of natural riders and have to bitch, If my dad took me to the park every day I'd be that good too. No you wouldn't. Deal with it.

Then there is the guys that THINK they know it all but don't, and the fads,and what ever. I don't keep up with the parts anymore or the riders and I really don't care what colour you paint your bike, so I don't comment on those posts. I can fix bikes though so I comment on that stuff. If you ask to "rate my ride" you have to expect some people will not like it. Don't get pissed, you asked. You can ask why, but it is their opinion.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013602
Mobile Version of Website