Powered by Outside

Which of the thee would be a superb choice?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Which of the thee would be a superb choice?
O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 23:07 Quote
kovacs2121 wrote:
id go with the blindside all the way. transition has by FAR the best customer service and their frames are amazingly well built. also they are laterally very stiff.

i havent ridden a demo yet but it makes me wonder how much of the "get a demo for DH!" is pure sam hill hype.

i like knowing if something F**KS up on my transition that they will back me up all the way. can anyone say the same about some of these other companies?
its not hype. i honestly dont see where a blindside could outpreform a demo 8 for dh. the demo has a better pedaling platofrm, lighter weight, just as tough, superb race geo. if i missed something, let me know.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 23:27 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
kovacs2121 wrote:
id go with the blindside all the way. transition has by FAR the best customer service and their frames are amazingly well built. also they are laterally very stiff.

i havent ridden a demo yet but it makes me wonder how much of the "get a demo for DH!" is pure sam hill hype.

i like knowing if something F**KS up on my transition that they will back me up all the way. can anyone say the same about some of these other companies?
its not hype. i honestly dont see where a blindside could outpreform a demo 8 for dh. the demo has a better pedaling platofrm, lighter weight, just as tough, superb race geo. if i missed something, let me know.

alright, im not a major expert on this, so if im completely wrong, dont flame me, but i heard demos break on the area around the shock... even if its not true, the transition has a lifetime crash replacement, so if your frame EVER messes up, you get a new one free of charge, and i rode s blindside set up super squishy for dh on pavement, it pedaled great, and has pretty good geo, from what i could tell (meaning, i wouldnt be afraid to bomb down anything on it, and the head angle was pretty slack) and the frame is the most laterally stiff designs out there, i rode a friends bottlerocket, and it cornered like a dream... seeing as the BR and BS both have the same frame design, uim sure it would be awesomje for racing... and with nothing close to a weight weenie build, it weighed in at 39 pounds... pretty respectable for any race bike IMO

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 23:33 Quote
well i could also get a yeti 303R....

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 23:35 Quote
dh-kevin-dh wrote:
so overkill

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 23:39 Quote
Dude if your thinking about getting a blindside wait. Transition is coming out with a downhill race specific bike soon, that will be sick!! You said something about freeride too, so just get a blindside, or wait for their DH bike it'll be mind blowing no doubt.

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 23:39 Quote
well, the build im doing is comming out to the price f the complete 303, and with 10%-20% off at my local shop, i can upgrade any parts that need to be changed (cranks, stem, seat, etc)

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 23:49 Quote
pake wrote:
dh-kevin-dh wrote:
so overkill
uh how? the blind side has more travel. AND it comes complete at 4700 with a 40 and dhx 5. and it was made in the USA (i think).

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 23:53 Quote
thatdownhillkid wrote:
pake wrote:
dh-kevin-dh wrote:
so overkill
uh how? the blind side has more travel. AND it comes complete at 4700 with a 40 and dhx 5. and it was made in the USA (i think).
they have the same amount at 8" and the yeti is so much nicer than the blindside and so overkill in the sense of how nice it is. also, this kid is like 14 and doesn't need to drop like 5 grand on a new yeti

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 23:54 Quote
im planning to race this rig for atleats 2 years, its worth the price

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 23:55 Quote
dh-kevin-dh wrote:
no it's not. you should have it for more than 2 years. plus, where the f*ck are you gonna race it?

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 23:59 Quote
pake wrote:
thatdownhillkid wrote:
pake wrote:

so overkill
they have the same amount at 8" and the yeti is so much nicer than the blindside and so overkill in the sense of how nice it is. also, this kid is like 14 and doesn't need to drop like 5 grand on a new yeti
i spent 7k on my bike. you can't say much. your 15 and have a 5k bike.

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 0:01 Quote
pake wrote:
dh-kevin-dh wrote:
no it's not. you should have it for more than 2 years. plus, where the f*ck are you gonna race it?
are you retarded? theres more races in cali than in most places. theres fontana every other weekend. CCCX. parkfield, santa ynez, sea otter, theres a new series up at bass lake. and that's not even close to a third of the races in cali.

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 0:02 Quote
dh-kevin-dh wrote:
spend money to begin with, and you'll find yourself saving it in the long run. if you buy a shit bike to begin with. you'll have to replace all the shit parts to the nice ones that would have come on the nice bike if you would have boughten in to begin with.

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 0:04 Quote
thatdownhillkid wrote:
pake wrote:
dh-kevin-dh wrote:
are you retarded? theres more races in cali than in most places. theres fontana every other weekend. CCCX. parkfield, santa ynez, sea otter, theres a new series up at bass lake. and that's not even close to a third of the races in cali.
well, fontana doesn't count since it's like a 6 hour drive. cccx is such a joke. im not even wasting my time going to that bullshit. i've never heard of bass lake either.

btw i spent 3k on my sx trail and 7k is retarted. you are so dumb and stuck up. i don't care how much your bike costs. getting the best parts and flaunting your shit doesn't get you anywhere.

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 0:06 Quote
thatdownhillkid wrote:
dh-kevin-dh wrote:
spend money to begin with, and you'll find yourself saving it in the long run. if you buy a shit bike to begin with. you'll have to replace all the shit parts to the nice ones that would have come on the nice bike if you would have boughten in to begin with.
he's 13. he will grow hella in 2 years and doesn't need like a 5k dh bike at 13.......maybe you think you do since you have your 7k socom that you think everyone should know about

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015994
Mobile Version of Website