Powered by Outside

66 or totem?

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 10:48 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:

iv had both. a 2007 66 ata rc2 and a 2008 totem solo air

i liked both, but i have to say that the totem is superior. i love it. its smoother, plusher, stiffer, and overall i just like it more. i had them both set up pefectly for my weight, and the totem wins.

hope it helps. but the 66 was good aswell. just dont get 2008-2009 marzochhi. there have been tones of problems with them.

The '09 Zocch's are sick bro... I'm running the '09 RC3 WC right now and that thing performs every bit as well as a 40 or anything else I've ever ridden. No issues at all.

Some of the '07 and a lot of the '08 air sprung forks had a huge amount of issues with the seals and the ATA though. Zocchi knows what the prob was though and they can fix 'em super easy now.

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 13:36 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:

i liked both, but i have to say that the totem is superior. i love it. its smoother, plusher, stiffer, and overall i just like it more. i had them both set up pefectly for my weight, and the totem wins.

hope it helps. but the 66 was good aswell. just dont get 2008-2009 marzochhi. there have been tones of problems with them.

The '09 Zocch's are sick bro... I'm running the '09 RC3 WC right now and that thing performs every bit as well as a 40 or anything else I've ever ridden. No issues at all.

Some of the '07 and a lot of the '08 air sprung forks had a huge amount of issues with the seals and the ATA though. Zocchi knows what the prob was though and they can fix 'em super easy now.
as far as iv heard, marzz hasent changed anything in their 09 forks compaired to 08. anyway. rockchock/sram is a much better comapy to deal with. marzz is always slow, and all the ones iv dealt with are doushebags. sram is much better for getting you what you want, and when you want it. i work in a shop. i deal with them quite a bit. (specialy marzz for all the crap forks weve had to send back.) and i think that might be the reason why not one person who works in our shop has any marzocchi products on their bikes. if you have the money, rockshock/fox is the logical choice.

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 13:37 Quote
[Quote="lcstay10"]
badbadleroybrown wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:

or manitou

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 13:38 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:

as far as iv heard, marzz hasent changed anything in their 09 forks compaired to 08. anyway. rockchock/sram is a much better comapy to deal with. marzz is always slow, and all the ones iv dealt with are doushebags. sram is much better for getting you what you want, and when you want it. i work in a shop. i deal with them quite a bit. (specialy marzz for all the crap forks weve had to send back.) and i think that might be the reason why not one person who works in our shop has any marzocchi products on their bikes. if you have the money, rockshock/fox is the logical choice.

or manitou

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 13:38 Quote
[Quote="suspensionguy"]
lcstay10 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

or manitou

the only 2 manitous i would run on a bike would be the dorado or the goldlabel

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 13:39 Quote
travis single or gold label. the dorados have shit dampening

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 13:41 Quote
suspensionguy wrote:
travis single or gold label. the dorados have shit dampening

the new one blows away anyhing on the market. (it should for 2700:P)

anyway, he is asking about totem vs 66 not travis. glad you like yours, but it dosent stack up to eather of the other 2

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 13:43 Quote
well 66 sucks cock and i hate them and the totem is really nice. i like the travis by far the most because it is the stiffest and the most reliable. and simple

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 13:44 Quote
id go with the 66`s personally but only because ive got a pair. if your going to buy some though make sure you go for the pre 08 models as they were made in italy an not taiwan Helmet

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 13:47 Quote
well it also depends on what your frame is, but i would go with 66s. i have an 07rc2x and it is an excellent fork. the totems i have tried have lived up to it, but at a much greater price.

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 13:47 Quote
i think it would be a good idea for people to only give advice if youv ridden both forks. just because you own a 66 dosent mean its better than a totem or vice versa.

imo id rather have the 66 for more am/fr. but the totem for dh/fr/ some am

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 13:49 Quote
i heard that the stanchions come loose over time on the totems.

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 13:50 Quote
also 180mm domains are sick. and they come in red

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 13:55 Quote
suspensionguy wrote:

domains dont stack up to the totems or 66 eather. there rockshocks lower end forks. its like buying a marzzochhi junior t instead of a 888. no point. just cheaper all around

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 14:04 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
suspensionguy wrote:

domains dont stack up to the totems or 66 eather. there rockshocks lower end forks. its like buying a marzzochhi junior t instead of a 888. no point. just cheaper all around

yeah i had a 66rc2x and a domain 318,not even comparable, the domain dosnt even come close, no small bump sensitivity and the it just dives through the travel, its a budget fork with cheap internals. good budget fork though for the price concious rider.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014436
Mobile Version of Website