Powered by Outside

what have you made (homemade) for your bike

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
what have you made (homemade) for your bike
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 17:21 Quote
your second version looks like my dads 'bent, he has a Catrike Speed. That looks like a lot more fun, design two looks a lot more stable and comfortable to ride.

I also made a space so that i could my old saint axle with out a saint deraileur. But mine is the most ghetto thing ever. Made from the deraileur pulleys from the saint deraileur i took off hehe silly Saint.

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 20:16 Quote
photo

The carbon fiber fender I just finished for my Six.

The thread needed a bump after a few months of sleep!

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 22:46 Quote
hey how did you make that fender ? And I was wondering if you can buy then for specialized bikes?

and do you just zap strap that onto your frame ?

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 2:52 Quote
well at the moment i am building myself a custom bike with a wide rear wheel/tyre set up.this is my insperation for the frame but the rear end is completly different on mine due to the larger wheel.made the frame so far and got the forks but still deciding on wether to have surspension or rigid on the front end.this is a spoked wheel(i have'nt got any pics of mine as its in storage and will have no access for 3 weeks:crySmile .the rim was off a old race car and the hub is off a scrap bike (hub is cut in half and 1" diameter tubing added to widen it then axel cut in half and steelbar welded inbetween it too widen it too to fit in hub) but i have a another wheel design is my head which i like more.

wheel

photo

bike which is insperation

photo

hope you likeSmile

best thing is its so far only cost me £20 and that was for the steel tubing for frame and forks as the wheel was free and the hub,bottom bracket,dual clamp forks,cranks etc where all off scarp bikes that had been not used for years.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 15:35 Quote
thomasz wrote:
hey how did you make that fender ? And I was wondering if you can buy then for specialized bikes?

I layed it in carbon fiber. I'll be making a thread on how I did it tonight, Ill be sure to post a link in here. You can buy a "mudflap" for the enduro/sx trail, but its plastic. I think theyre about 15$.

And yes, Its going to be zip ties for the mounting. They're light, cheap, and I can barely see them. They also will not wear into the frame like a metal clamp would, and they clamp better than it would have if I had made carbon brackets to hold it on.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 16:16 Quote
about how much did it cost you to make your own ?

thanks

thomas.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 16:18 Quote
umm, its all scrap from other carbon projects, so effectively nothing.

If I had to buy the carbon and epoxy to do it, maybe 20$.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 16:31 Quote
photo

Someone had asked to see it on the bike...

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 16:32 Quote
normally dont like the look of fenders but thats nice...

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 16:48 Quote
Its not mine but my friends dope bike he made in metal class.
photo

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:16 Quote
brodiebrat92 wrote:
photo

lmao. that's sick. Does it ride?

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:19 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
thomasz wrote:

I layed it in carbon fiber. I'll be making a thread on how I did it tonight, Ill be sure to post a link in here. You can buy a "mudflap" for the enduro/sx trail, but its plastic. I think theyre about 15$.

And yes, Its going to be zip ties for the mounting. They're light, cheap, and I can barely see them. They also will not wear into the frame like a metal clamp would, and they clamp better than it would have if I had made carbon brackets to hold it on.
cut open tube, add 4 zipties, and your done

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:31 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:
thomasz wrote:

cut open tube, add 4 zipties, and your done

LOL, yes. Theres a cut up tube on my desk, along with electrical tape and zip ties...

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:52 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
brodiebrat92 wrote:
photo

lmao. that's sick. Does it ride?
Yeah it rides, just no chain, so take down roll in and like push with your feet haha.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 18:14 Quote
Heres a pic of him riding it
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020483
Mobile Version of Website