Powered by Outside

best way to build dirt jumps

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
best way to build dirt jumps
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: May 12, 2009 at 7:26 Quote
Dig in wettish weather, big pile of dirt then shape. I like using a 2x4 to shape, gives a nice flat jump thats predictably, its fast and makes your jumps look awesome.

O+
Posted: May 12, 2009 at 8:17 Quote
sleeth21 wrote:
mtbkers wrote:
if u r in a field use grass clumps, just get a shovel and cut them out and pile then Smile its fast and easy

its to soft

beat the shit out of it with a shovel between layers:P and put clay on top

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 1:29 Quote
grahamc wrote:
Dig in wettish weather, big pile of dirt then shape. I like using a 2x4 to shape, gives a nice flat jump thats predictably, its fast and makes your jumps look awesome.
i like to get an initial curve done with a flat shovel then got a peice of wood to make it look pretty. and if you want to use clay, make sure you have massive drains. if youre digging into the bottom roll a pebble down from about half way down the ramp so it doesnt go too fast to find the lowest point, and dig into the side of the ditch and then just remember water goes down hill and you should be fine. and topsoil sucks for building, never use only the topsoil dig deeper into the ground and find the packy stuff and use that

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 1:52 Quote
If you're super picky like me rake the f*ck out of everything then pack it 2 make it smooth for the run up, bowls etc.
Try & figure out the best way to have the take off shaped, it should be a gradual curve (almost vertical) make sure there are no flatspots in it or you will loose some speed & flow etc.
Try and pile dirt up then encase in clay when it's wet then pack it down with a flat shovel.

Like it's Bern said it's easy to tell you how to do it but it's ALOT harder to do, just have fun doing it.

Posted: Aug 11, 2012 at 22:42 Quote
cruelty-and-the-beast wrote:
Rent a Bobcat and a 75 pound plate tamper... or if u like to dig a good ol shovel and hose will work....
Some people cant afford to rent a bobcat just to build jumps.

Posted: Aug 11, 2012 at 22:51 Quote
geldart wrote:
djfivejames wrote:
The best way to make dirt jumps is with dirt.

pretty much. Think about things before you post. Ask yourself what is a dirt jump? Well its a pile of dirt with a shaped lip sooo you pretty much pile some dirt and then worrie about a lip
I think their just wondering about how to shape the lip and stuff. Like best ways to pack dirt, using rugs or plywood on top of the dirt. I think they understand the concept just not how to do it all right

Posted: Aug 12, 2012 at 5:34 Quote
Ferdoosh187 wrote:
I think their just wondering about how to shape the lip and stuff. Like best ways to pack dirt, using rugs or plywood on top of the dirt. I think they understand the concept just not how to do it all right
Huge grave-dig is huge Blank Stare

Posted: Aug 12, 2012 at 20:09 Quote
Isaakk wrote:
Ferdoosh187 wrote:
what?

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 18:00 Quote
Isaakk wrote:
Ferdoosh187 wrote:

Pinkbike record right here

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 19:09 Quote
Packing with a flathead shovel is the most essential thing. I'm 24(been riding since I was born) and I still have problems with packing. Finding the best possible spot with the best dirt is essential too. I live in the south so clay/top soil is about the best I can find around here, well on my land at least. Heres an awesome website that helped me when I started riding dirt again.

http://trailpirate.com/TRAILPIRATE.COM/TRAILPIRATECO.html

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 22:04 Quote
Hank87 wrote:
Packing with a flathead shovel is the most essential thing. I'm 24(been riding since I was born) and I still have problems with packing. Finding the best possible spot with the best dirt is essential too. I live in the south so clay/top soil is about the best I can find around here, well on my land at least. Heres an awesome website that helped me when I started riding dirt again.

http://trailpirate.com/TRAILPIRATE.COM/TRAILPIRATECO.html
clay is good. its hard to work with but with enough water is easy to get some stupidly hard lips, its almost like riding on concrete.

Posted: Aug 14, 2012 at 15:06 Quote
Guys this is a 3 year old thread someone grave dug. .. . .

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.711964
Mobile Version of Website