Powered by Outside

General marzocchi fox and RS suspension talk and Q&A

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
General marzocchi fox and RS suspension talk and Q&A
Posted: Aug 27, 2009 at 9:51 Quote
there are a few issues with all the 08 zokes, no matter what one you get, that being said there are some people who have gotten ones that worked perfectly. All of the 08's have play in the bushings, but other than that the rcv is fairly simple and not much to go wrong on it, one of my friends has one and the only problem he has is bushing slop, but it doesn't bother him, also stay away from ata's, I have one and everything that can go wrong on it has, the only problem i don't have is axel loosening

O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2009 at 12:46 Quote
here is a good one for you.

I have an 05 888 WORKS edition. There isn't much info on this fork out there. Some small stuff, but nothing that make sense.

anyways this fork is comparable to the 05 888 RC!

My question is, what is the difference between my WORKS and a reg RC?? don't say the OIL because I've changed it many times since purchasing.

Thanks.

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 0:29 Quote
mondrakerrider1 wrote:
there are a few issues with all the 08 zokes, no matter what one you get, that being said there are some people who have gotten ones that worked perfectly. All of the 08's have play in the bushings, but other than that the rcv is fairly simple and not much to go wrong on it, one of my friends has one and the only problem he has is bushing slop, but it doesn't bother him, also stay away from ata's, I have one and everything that can go wrong on it has, the only problem i don't have is axel loosening
i dont feel any play in my bushings. the only thing is that its very flexy

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 16:51 Quote
okay. new stanctions are $480 so im looking for a new fork. 66 RCV or 888ATAWC or VanR?

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 16:56 Quote
santacruzv10forsale wrote:
I always rode motocross and snowcross so im no stranger to speed and jumps. I picked up a 2004 santacruz v-10 frame for $200 and it had a bunch of other stuff so I really just need suspention. This is my first downhill bike and I dont know shit about brands and witch is best and everything like that.

For the best bang for the buck witch fork should I run. Im sort of aiming at 888. (???ata rcv rc3 worldcup??? whats the difernce???)

And for shock I like the looks of the fox dhx 5.0 but witch spring would I want? I wieght 140 pounds.

Like I siad ive done motocross and snowcross so I know what speed and jumps are all about and want to be able to use this downhill bike to its full potential.

What do you think would be a good set up?
Get the 888 rcv. Almost no extra tuneability as opposed to the RC3. Get the cheaper one.

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 17:10 Quote
to anyone who owns or has ridden a 2009 dj 1, how does it ride? stiffness, performance, etc. because i can get one for real cheap and if it is a poor fork, i might as well get an argyle.

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 17:13 Quote
streetperformer wrote:
to anyone who owns or has ridden a 2009 dj 1, how does it ride? stiffness, performance, etc. because i can get one for real cheap and if it is a poor fork, i might as well get an argyle.

Revelation>Argyle

Posted: Aug 29, 2009 at 13:18 Quote
Heres a new one for everybody!!!
Whats your favorite downhill fork? and why is it your favorite?

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 11:48 Quote

this has been asked thousands of times. it will be easier to use the search.

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 11:49 Quote
does anybody have an opinion on the 08' 888 ATA WC?

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 12:42 Quote
gooieshred wrote:
does anybody haver an opinion on the 08' 888 ATA WC?

gooieshred wrote:

this has been asked thousands of times. it will be easier to use the search.

Rolleyes

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 14:00 Quote
gooieshred wrote:
does anybody haver an opinion on the 08' 888 ATA WC?

This has been askd thousands of times. Its will be easier to use the search.:P

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 14:28 Quote
okay then. anyone with real opinions?

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 14:29 Quote
gooieshred wrote:
okay then. anyone with real opinions?

Razz lol Razz

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.526098
Mobile Version of Website