Ever lost a shoe in a crash?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Ever lost a shoe in a crash?
Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 11:57 Quote
well i just bought sum nike 6.0 so i hope they dont come off

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 18:46 Quote
yeah, rolled a drop to nose manual, over the bars, lost a shoe. they were junk anyway. i have also lost my pants on an over-enthusiastic abubaca, dropped a little too far.

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 18:49 Quote
not a shoe.. but a handle bar. snaped the stem right off ( cheap dyno) never foung the bars

FL
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 18:51 Quote
ive lost my shoes a bunch of times. not due to not tying them though. i always have them on tight enough so they usually wont fall off but i have had a few where my foot got tangled in the frame or crank arm or something and had it ripped off, and i couldnt get the shoe back on unless i were to untie it. i had a funny one when i was at blue mountain, i washed out in a berm on showcase and my shoe (i have no idea how) was a solid 20+ feet back from where i stopped and the shoelaces had been completely ripped out. not to mention i was booking it pretty good, but i dont understand how the shoelaces were completely torn out as they were .. haha yup thats my funny story.

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 16:08 Quote
couple years back I was with two buddies and it rained recently and my friend slipped on a wood berm and his shoe just flew off. I lol'd hard

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 16:10 Quote
yes i hate.i was riding north shore in bc and my shoe landed in a stream

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 16:21 Quote
charlou61 wrote:
No because i don't wear that kind of skater style of shoes. I prefer some hiking/all around shoes wich are nicely held on your feet.
but they look gay haha and i h8 tight fittin shoes urghh and yeah i always loose my shoes

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 16:23 Quote
Heres a vid of my friend losing his shoe in a crash.
Views: 28,001    Faves: 257    Comments: 280

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 16:31 Quote
Was that guys helmet not done up?!

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 16:42 Quote
Didn't have one onFrown

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 16:48 Quote
Lol a helment would have been a good idea

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 17:15 Quote
ive got a better one.. who here has lost a glove in a crash?

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 8:20 Quote
I've got a top notch shoe story. So back when me and my buddy were starting to dirt jump, we had these 3 jumps set up. First 2 go down fine, come up to the third one and the jump wasn't packed very well because we had just built it. It kind of explodes as I take off it, leaving me with not much speed. My front wheel cases the landing and I go over the bars and start rolling through the forest. I get up to realise I'm missing my right shoe. Me and my buddy spend close to 20 minutes looking all over for it in the forest. Could not find it. We decide to call it a day, I ring my mom to come pick me up because there is no way I'm hopping my bike home. I go to pick my bike up and whadda ya know. My shoe had somehow got caught on my brake lever and was sitting there all along. I felt pretty stupid about that one.

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 8:26 Quote
yea i lost my shoee like 4 times, and in 1 case it ended up 40feet away, then in one crassh my hand got stuck inbetween my fork and front tire,ahah

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 8:36 Quote
jamiekona wrote:
well i just bought sum nike 6.0 so i hope they dont come off

haha iv only lost a shoe once and i was wearing my new 6.0's.. i was trying a bigger 180 gab and over rotated. i got a pretty bad high ankle sprain but my loteks i had before never fell off. i still use them just as much as the nikes. the loteks grips better, but the nikes feel better.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016710
Mobile Version of Website