Tyres for Downhill Racing

PB Forum :: Downhill
Tyres for Downhill Racing
Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 9:05 Quote
maxxis tyres are good, but heavy i think aswell.

go for the single walled ones, theyre a lot more lighter

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 0:09 Quote
MAXXIS RULES. THEY HAVE THE TYRE.

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 0:44 Quote
hey guys i no this is a bit random but how do i start ma own thread i need advice on dt wheels for ma 2000 model giant dh team n wanted 2 know how good they r how do i start ma 222own thread

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 0:45 Quote
go to forums, go to bikes parts and gear, and click new thread

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 2:03 Quote
i'm running the bontrager big earl tyres any time,great grip,strong side walls.Best DH tyres i ride with.

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 2:13 Quote
michelin are the best ive ever used especally as they are almost inpossable to get a puncutre from and last for ages lol. i run a 2.8 front dh32 and 2.5 back dh16 (reversed for maxumin braking grip)dont get much better than that lol

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 2:49 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
maxxis tyres are good, but heavy i think aswell.

go for the single walled ones, theyre a lot more lighter

ah no the single ply are about as useless as a glass hammer for DH
stick to the DH casings and compared to the others there not too bad weight wise.

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 12:17 Quote
if your racing u should get maxxis minion frount slow reezey 2.5 for the frount and a maxxis high roller slow reezy 2.35 for the back.

if u wont a long lasting pair just get the ones above but in
ply maxxpro 60a compound

hope this helps

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 12:38 Quote
What are your views on the Kenda Nevegal Tomac (Stick-E version)?

I have a set now that are pretty much brand new, I just haven't had time to ride them very much. I rode the rear (both are 2.5) at MSA in the pisspooring rain and it seemed to find the ground quite nicely, much better than my old specialized highroller. I've only been on one ride since then, the terrain was mostly dry and semi hardpack, they seemed to do a little worse on that.

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 15:17 Quote
the stick-e nevegals work great. they tend to slide a tiny bit going into corners but once you lean the bike over more they bite, i think this is cause they ahve a really round profile. they are fast rolling tires. personally i'd go with a 2.35 sticky in the front and a 2.1 in the rear as the nevegals have a huge profile.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 5:05 Quote
iv never gone wrong with maxxis minions dhf and dhr but iv heard ppl say that its best to have dhf's front and back.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 8:50 Quote
jamesmorrislanky wrote:
iv never gone wrong with maxxis minions dhf and dhr but iv heard ppl say that its best to have dhf's front and back.

Better for if you corner aggresivley.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 8:51 Quote
plumslinger wrote:
jamesmorrislanky wrote:

Better for if you corner aggresivley.

LOL I run a DHF in the back simply because my friend was basically giving it away and it was brand new, and I needed a tire.

Posted: Jan 10, 2009 at 19:05 Quote
i would go with a minion front 2.5 3C and 2.5 highroller 3C rear and for wet maxxis wetscream or intense spike fro

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 20:44 Quote
I have a new fav. The 2.5 UST Continental Digga is awesome. I don't think it would be the best dry tire. But we don't see much dry in our hills. I could go on and on about why I like these tires. But let's just say I have a pile of minions, rollers, nevegals, etc in the garage. And I choose these. $140 msrp....which you'll never have to pay. And 45lb min air pressure rating....that is complete bs. I run 25-28lb without any problems. And no tire roll.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024319
Mobile Version of Website