Powered by Outside

Giant Trance 27.5

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance 27.5
Posted: May 5, 2015 at 9:27 Quote
first full suspension bike and i love it! I saved up enough and researched the trance 2 day and night! curious question now should i get a new shock added because i feel like I'm flying though the CTD or do i just need to adjust the pressure?
photo

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 10:28 Quote
Start by adjusting the pressure. There's also a break-in period for new suspension. I'd just ride it for a little bit until you really narrow down what changes you want to make.

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 10:31 Quote
R-P-S wrote:
Start by adjusting the pressure. There's also a break-in period for new suspension. I'd just ride it for a little bit until you really narrow down what changes you want to make.
ok sounds good thanks for the help!

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 13:43 Quote
Henryjones7 wrote:
first full suspension bike and i love it! I saved up enough and researched the trance 2 day and night! curious question now should i get a new shock added because i feel like I'm flying though the CTD or do i just need to adjust the pressure?
photo

Hi Henry
Welcome to the land of the Trance.

I very recently bought the exact same bike a few weeks ago and it too is my first full suspension. I don't know what your riding ability is but I wouldn't bother changing the shock. Adjust it to your weight and riding style and have fun. It'll take mostly anything you can throw at it and plus a new shock can be pricey.

P.S. This bike won't let you down.

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 15:56 Quote
I present my trance , wanting to make enduro
Trance 2
-Spank ozzy trail handlebar 760mm
-Truvatitiv huzzefelt steam 60mm
-Ody vans grips
-Fox 34 fork float Ctd 160mm
-Front disc brake 203mm
-Rear disc brake 160mm
-Crankbrothers mallet 2
-Kenda nevegal 2.35

Parts i want change
-Spank spike race28 enduro
-Rockshock monarch plus Rc3

Parts waiting to arrive
-Ks eten remote seatpost

photo
photo
photo

Posted: May 6, 2015 at 5:06 Quote
Someone can please tell me the shock lenght of the Giant Trance 2 27,5 2015?Big Grin

Posted: May 6, 2015 at 6:11 Quote
Just search back through the thread. It's been posted a number of times.

O+
Posted: May 6, 2015 at 7:43 Quote
Does anyone know who makes the giant air plus shock on the trance 4, and where i can find a rebuild kit for it?

Posted: May 6, 2015 at 12:41 Quote
TheCraziestGuy wrote:
Someone can please tell me the shock lenght of the Giant Trance 2 27,5 2015?Big Grin

200x51mm

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 4:07 Quote
thekrow4jc wrote:
Does anyone know who makes the giant air plus shock on the trance 4, and where i can find a rebuild kit for it?

rockshox aka sram. your LBS should carry it or buy it online

O+
Posted: May 7, 2015 at 6:35 Quote
Ussr wrote:
thekrow4jc wrote:

rockshox aka sram. your LBS should carry it or buy it online

thanks Smile

O+
Posted: May 8, 2015 at 15:27 Quote
photo

My Trance Advanced SX with upgrades
Pikes, CC DB Inline, Reverb and waiting on carbon wheels

Posted: May 8, 2015 at 17:54 Quote
Hey guys, I'm posting a bike update for two reasons: 1. a few things have changed since I last posted and 2. I test rode my new Vorsprung Corset air sleeve for my 2014 Trance 27.5 1 and was so impressed with it that I wanted to share my experiences to hopefully help others out!

Vorsprung Corset - Giant Trance 27.5 1
This is my Trance as of now. From my last post, (first page) it has gotten a Muckynutz front fender (this thing rocks!), a Vorsprung Corset air sleeve, a Syncros saddle that I won at a race and figured I'd try out, and finally matching blue SDG ODI lock on grips (easily my favorite grip).

What I really wanted to post about is the Corset air sleeve.
Vorsprung Corset - Giant Trance 27.5 1
I installed it yesterday and it was so easy to install my grandma could have done it. For anyone who doesn't know, the Corset is an aftermarket shock upgrade for most Fox shocks. It's basically a higher volume air can... or a poor mans Debonair. It just screws on in place of the stock can. It took well over a month for me to get it due to them selling like crazy. Vorsprung was very kind to reply to my email asking where the heck it was. About a week and a half later, I was installing it on my Trance. Right out of the box, I was impressed with the bad@ss look it has. It's a beefy looking can. Tonight I had the opportunity to test it out. I was a little skeptical since there is little info on these installed on a Giant bike. However, I was not let down. I was quite blown away to be completely honest. The upgrade made the rear end of my Trance feel much more active and lively. The small bump sensitivity the Corset offers is phenomenal. I have not spent much time on high end shocks so it's hard for me to compare but my shock now feels on par with my Pike. Yeah, I like it that much. It definitely feels more like a coil and has a bottomless feel to it. Instantly I was taking the downhills faster. The way the shock just lets the bike cruise through the rough gives you a boost of confidence and allows the bike to be man handled through the downhill sections rather than white knuckling the bars holding on for life. It'll put a big stupid smile on your face especially if you're only used to mediocre shocks. Climbing and sprinting also felt really good. The Corset is super plush and active but paired with Giants Maestro suspension the Trance remains very pedal friendly and efficient. It actually got me up the rougher steeper climbs faster since the shock kept the rear end planted on the ground no matter what. It just molded the rear end of the bike over every root and rock. It's so buttery I had to stop and check my rear tire pressure (at 25 psi) multiple times because I thought I was losing air pressure! It soaked up the bumps that well compared to the stock Float. I would highly recommend the Corset (no I do not work for Vorsprung!) for anyone looking for a budget shock upgrade. Paired with a nice fork, you'll have a killer setup. I do apologize for the long post but I am that stoked on this thing! Hope this helps anyone thinking about the Corset or a shock upgrade!

Posted: May 8, 2015 at 23:00 Quote
Im sold! Haha good write up mate and the bike is looking great

Posted: May 9, 2015 at 6:11 Quote
How much did the corset cost?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018248
Mobile Version of Website