Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Ragley Owners Thread - Pictures, Videos, Blah Blah

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Ragley Owners Thread - Pictures, Videos, Blah Blah
Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 11:01 Quote
Project Piggy Mk 1 is coming along nicely. I should have spokes, nipples and bleedkit in by next week.
Old Mk 1 Piggy is getting a full rebuild, new wheelset (Hope and spank wheels with DT Supercomp spokes.
New 11 speed drivetrain, Brooks Cambium saddle plus grips and cables and freshly bled Formulas.
Also checking to see if the old stem and handlebar from my Rallon looks okay. If not I'll just run the old Bontrager combo.
Found a local pumptrack so I'm eager to get er up and running again.

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 10:11 Quote
Spent the last few weeks looking for a nice Enduro/ Hardcore Hardtail to replace my Marin Rift Zone. Wanted to give myself a challenge for my local trails and then I'll eventually get a big travel enduro bike. For a while I was working on a Marin San Quentin 3 frame and had one on order but it was cancelled due to stock issues.

Ragley and a few other brans were all also in the running and it just happened that a XL Big Al frame in Red came in stock when my Marin order was cancelled.

5 Days after ordering, this box arrived at my house and now I get to start sourcing parts to compliment what I already own.

Looking forward to the build and then ride.

Current plan is to use some parts I already own including:

Pike Ultimate fork at 140mm but maybe bump to 150 or 160
Guide RSC front and rear with 203 / 180mm rotors

After that I'm looking at maybe something like the Nukeproof Horizon wheelsets, microshift advent x groupset, raceface bottom bracket / cranks and ill figure out what I want for high rise bars.

photo
photo

Posted: Jun 26, 2021 at 6:15 Quote
Awesome! Keep us updated on the build.how tall are you for the XL?

scooobs wrote:
Spent the last few weeks looking for a nice Enduro/ Hardcore Hardtail to replace my Marin Rift Zone. Wanted to give myself a challenge for my local trails and then I'll eventually get a big travel enduro bike. For a while I was working on a Marin San Quentin 3 frame and had one on order but it was cancelled due to stock issues.

Ragley and a few other brans were all also in the running and it just happened that a XL Big Al frame in Red came in stock when my Marin order was cancelled.

5 Days after ordering, this box arrived at my house and now I get to start sourcing parts to compliment what I already own.

Looking forward to the build and then ride.

Current plan is to use some parts I already own including:

Pike Ultimate fork at 140mm but maybe bump to 150 or 160
Guide RSC front and rear with 203 / 180mm rotors

After that I'm looking at maybe something like the Nukeproof Horizon wheelsets, microshift advent x groupset, raceface bottom bracket / cranks and ill figure out what I want for high rise bars.

photo
photo

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2021 at 8:28 Quote
reginald68 wrote:
Awesome! Keep us updated on the build.how tall are you for the XL?

I'm 6'2 and I was basing most of the sizing off of my Marin Rift Zone. Kind of matched up geo chart reach and stack heights. After that I went through different Ragley threads and found peoples responses with height / frame size.

Feels like the XL should be a good fit based on everything ive read

Posted: Jun 27, 2021 at 14:58 Quote
scooobs wrote:

I'm 6'2 and I was basing most of the sizing off of my Marin Rift Zone….Feels like the XL should be a good fit based on everything ive read

Thanks. I’d bet it fits you perfect. I just received my red XL frame too. The red looks much better in person. I don’t like red, but this frame looks real good.

I’m 6’4”, 36 inseam so I’m expecting it to be a little small, but should be fun. I’m a month away from turning any wrenches on it, but My collected build list is mostly used parts-
Ibis i35 wheels
Maxis 2.5 rubber
Slx 12 speed -
175mm cranks, would have tried shorter if I didn’t already have them
Deore 4 piston brakes
DVO diamond at 140
BrandX 170 seatpost- wolftooth lever

-Still undecided on seatpost clamp

For me, It’s a backup bike and for Blues and green trails with family and when weather is poor and I don’t want to take a full suspension bike out. I’m actually hoping to get it setup for bike packing trip or 2 in 2022…… or at least this is how I justified the whole n+1 thing. Smile

Good luck with build!

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2021 at 13:54 Quote
I'm lookin to build a Ragley hardtail to replace my tired and overworked trek fuel. i ride mostly downhill, enduro type trails and bike parks, trail riding here and there. I am really attracted to the Mmmbop, however I am struggling to locate a purple mmmbop frame. I found a purple Big Al frame for sale close to me in my size, though. Wondering if ragley owners can help me out. Should I hold out for a 27.5 mmmbop or live with a 29 big al because its what I can find?

Posted: Sep 9, 2021 at 16:56 Quote
Big al with 27.5+ = small al. Or mullet

Posted: Dec 31, 2021 at 14:07 Quote
Waitweiny wrote:
Just ordered my Marley frame, and I’m wondering if I could fit 2.8” tires on it?

Did you tried it? Did the 2.8 fit on the marley?

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 8:39 Quote
Looking to buy a Ragley Marley frame in size small, obviously its not in stock anywhere and annoyingly no seller wants to give me the slightest indication of when they may be back in stock. Anyone on here know anything about restocks or perhaps one of you have a frame you'd be interested in selling.

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 9:00 Quote
LeithB wrote:
Looking to buy a Ragley Marley frame in size small, obviously its not in stock anywhere and annoyingly no seller wants to give me the slightest indication of when they may be back in stock. Anyone on here know anything about restocks or perhaps one of you have a frame you'd be interested in selling.

There’ll be more stock in a few weeks……

Posted: Jan 30, 2022 at 15:08 Quote
MesaSpark wrote:
Waitweiny wrote:
Just ordered my Marley frame, and I’m wondering if I could fit 2.8” tires on it?

Did you tried it? Did the 2.8 fit on the marley?

I have a Marley with Nobby Nics 2.8 on i30 wheels. Clearance is pretty good....

Posted: Mar 2, 2022 at 7:00 Quote
Hello! Could anyone please give me some advice on my crankset? I’m currently building a Big Al and I’m intending on using shimano cranks (either slx or xt) but I’m a little confused about which model to get. What’s the main difference between the m7100 cranks and the m7120? Does the Big Al frame need to have a specific one? I already have the 12 speed slx derailleur and plan on getting the 10-45t cassette (whenever I can find one) does this make a difference in the crankset model I should get? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Posted: Mar 2, 2022 at 7:44 Quote
M7100 is for 52mm chain line which is optimized for 142mm rear axle spacing and will work with 148mm spacing (although some prefer 52mm for 148mm since it gives a better chainline in your climbing gears).

M7120 is for 55mm chain line which is optimized for 148mm and will work with some 157mm frames (e.g. Knolly).

Not positive but I suspect the Big Al is 148 / 55 so either should work, just depends what kind of cross compatability you want in case you put the cranks on a different frame.

Posted: Mar 2, 2022 at 8:10 Quote
Thank you very much!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019762
Mobile Version of Website