Powered by Outside

Show Off Your Sweet Custom Painted Bikes

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Show Off Your Sweet Custom Painted Bikes
Posted: Jan 6, 2013 at 11:35 Quote
richierich53 wrote:
Always Clearcoat paint unless its a direct gloss, Clearcoat if anything enhances the paint it never ruins it, if you found it does you must be doing something wrong.

The paint in the link above doesn't give any helpful information, but I highly doubt it will be durable for the purpose.

Even with the clear coat? What would you recommend?

Posted: Jan 6, 2013 at 11:46 Quote
To make it durable you would want to apply Atleast 2 coats of clear coat

I can't recommend anything as I don't use aerosols, but your better off going to your local automotive store which mix and supply paint to garages etc and they should be able to mix up a custom colour for you and put that colour into aerosol cans. my local shop called refinish done it for my mate when he painted his type r wheels orange and it came out beautifully but the finish of the paint work is down to prep and application.

Posted: Jan 6, 2013 at 14:35 Quote
There are a few companies that make a two part clear coat in an areosol can if you can find them. A good automotive store might stock them but depending on where you are it may be easier to order it online. Search the ole google for 2 part aerosol and you will find a few. Or if you have a compressor and paint gun even better ... you could even airbrush the clear on but its going to take forever, and you will need to thin it. It can none the less be done and an airbrush kit is cheap. 2 part paints are superior to say a rustoleum can because it contains a hardener, thus it is a more durable paint that will cure rather than dry.

Posted: Jan 6, 2013 at 17:24 Quote
Why not just bring it to a shop and have it done professionally. Shouldn't cost more than 150$(cad). I had mine powder coated (tough as nails) for 130$, results were way better than I ever could have done with a rattle can. I just stripped off all the old paint myself and dropped it off at the shop.

Posted: Jan 6, 2013 at 17:39 Quote
Quebec2010DH wrote:
Why not just bring it to a shop and have it done professionally. Shouldn't cost more than 150$(cad). I had mine powder coated (tough as nails) for 130$, results were way better than I ever could have done with a rattle can. I just stripped off all the old paint myself and dropped it off at the shop.

If you know a good shop, yea go for it. Make sure you do the prep because they rarely specialize in bikes and will paint/coat over bearings, threads and everything else making it a pain to assemble

Posted: Feb 17, 2013 at 11:28 Quote
my new paintjob on my bike

Dartmoor Shine with Fox 831 2012 Fox RP23 2012 Formula R0 brakes Easton Hevan Carbon wheels Truvativ X0 DH crank.................

Dartmoor Shine with Fox 831 2012 Fox RP23 2012 Formula R0 brakes Easton Hevan Carbon wheels Truvativ X0 DH crank.................

Posted: Feb 17, 2013 at 18:32 Quote
Evil-P wrote:

DANG!!! That's cool...

Posted: Feb 18, 2013 at 6:44 Quote
Painted her Honda NSX White and then stickerbombed it. Its custom right....

yeti

yeti

yeti

yeti

yeti

Posted: Mar 2, 2013 at 9:18 Quote
beeboo wrote:
Yeah it definitely looks alot better in person, the way the light hits the paint it reflects different tones of red and it sparkles everywhere. And the frame was already done when i got it. I had bought it off a pro rider that rode for Banshee and they had done all the painting themself. The frame was originally raw coloured then the stickers and a stencel were put on it and then everything got painted over, once it finished drying the paint was then scraped off the stickers and the stencel was untaped and you could see the raw colour through it. Heres a pic to describe what i was staying

photo

Does not look too much PRO

Posted: Apr 3, 2013 at 1:13 Quote
New bike and a new paint Smile

Santa Cruz V10 carbon with Fox suspension Formula RO brakes Sram X0 gear Enve HOPE SDG and ODI and a custom paint job

photo

photo

Santa Cruz V10 carbon with Fox suspension Formula RO brakes Sram X0 gear Enve HOPE SDG and ODI and a custom paint job

Posted: Jul 21, 2013 at 19:46 Quote
photo
Trans red over raw that i took a grinder and put swirls in. turned out pretty sweet.

Posted: Jul 22, 2013 at 14:07 Quote
Evil-P wrote:

thats an amazing paintjob

Posted: Jul 22, 2013 at 14:42 Quote
Riser2012 wrote:
Evil-P wrote:

thats an amazing paintjob

Thanx :-)

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2013 at 16:57 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
photo
Trans red over raw that i took a grinder and put swirls in. turned out pretty sweet.

Niiice job. I love candy red. What's up with that seat, though?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 4.696610
Mobile Version of Website