Powered by Outside

Marzocchi, Fox, Rockshox, Manitou.... Which one do you recomend

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Marzocchi, Fox, Rockshox, Manitou.... Which one do you recomend
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 12:54 Quote
dg85 wrote:
wonder-kid wrote:
Don't people talk about the hype behind the Argyle and the 'Trend whoring' surrounding it?

no its just the best dj/street fork out.
Nope.

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 12:55 Quote
Rock shox ftw i have pikes and love them to bits
I broke my manitous easily and marzocchi are heavy but used to be good

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 13:15 Quote
dg85 wrote:
wonder-kid wrote:
Don't people talk about the hype behind the Argyle and the 'Trend whoring' surrounding it?

Not "thee" best. Pike 454 Wink

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 13:41 Quote
James116 wrote:
dg85 wrote:
wonder-kid wrote:

Not "thee" best. Pike 454 Wink
I would say there is no way to determine "the best" street/dj fork. Different people like different things... I have not ridden too many but in my experience the pike is the nicest. I really like the concnept of the pargyle though, really could win it for me.

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 13:42 Quote
rockshox are sweet, because besides kowa, they are the only ones that have travel adjust, which really comes in handy

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 13:42 Quote
rock shox and fox

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 13:44 Quote
I am pretty sure every company has at least one fork with their own version of travel adjust... My friend's old shermans were like two step, fox has something, not exactly sure as I never played with them, and I believe the new 55's have their own system too, correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 13:46 Quote
jcc1015 wrote:
I am pretty sure every company has at least one fork with their own version of travel adjust... My friend's old shermans were like two step, fox has something, not exactly sure as I never played with them, and I believe the new 55's have their own system too, correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah there has even been 66 with it, i don't know if they still do, but its been to almost every company.

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 13:47 Quote
My Magura Wotans have travel adjust from 160 down to 120. Gonna take the handle bar lever off though. Doubt I will ever use it. Think the idea is you lower the fork when hill climbing you give you a better angle to climb the hill. But I never bother lol. All these fantastic adjustments you find on suspension and that. I just find a setting Im happy with on my suspension and leave it at that lol. Never really make any adjustments.

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 13:48 Quote
I know what you mean. My pike feels better in the park at 140 than at 95.....

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 16:19 Quote
Think I'm going too try a 36 float, or the Pike when I get my p1

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 18:40 Quote
And what about Argyle 409 ???
I want to buy one, but give me suggestions !!
Please !!!

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 8:16 Quote
bighit1212 wrote:
summit800 wrote:
i-race-downhill wrote:
Fox all the way. They are the only company I will buy. I have a Fox 36 van, Fox 40rc2 and soon a 32 or another 36. By far the best feeling suspension on the market. There research and developement is the best in the world for suspension.

All the marzocchi's I have had broke. manitou stops working after a week all the ones that I have felt.

1.Fox
2.rockshox
3.marzocchi/manitou

how can u say bos is good? their just hitting the market as we speak
yeah how do you know that they came out like 4 months ago?

Sorry I was think about other companies that I rode and I didn't realize I put bos down.I haven't rode a bos made a mistake.

Posted: Feb 26, 2009 at 21:06 Quote
i personally like rock shox the best,
my favourites
fox talas
rock shox totem
rock shox lyrik
rock shox boxxer
morzocchi 66 ATA
1.Rock shox
2. Fox
3.Marzocchi

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013489
Mobile Version of Website