Powered by Outside

** BuySell Safety and Tips (Copyright ©)

PB Forum :: Beginners
** BuySell Safety and Tips (Copyright ©)
Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 15:02 Quote
Is there a post that outlines step by step the safest way to make a sale and ship between 2 remote locations. I've sold my bike (YEAH!) and what to make sure this is safe and smooth. I know to use Paypal goods, but was hoping for a single complete guide that tells how to orchestrate payment, payment verification, shipping, recieving, etc all on the up and up

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 16:50 Quote
I have sold a frame and arranging to ship in Canada. We are going to use PayPal goods and services, however I just want to confirm the following message from the buyer makes sense ( he sent his name, email, address, and phone but I didn’t include that for his safety):

“ For shipping
NAME
ADDRESS
PHONE
ADDRESS
I need your PayPal address, and when you log into your account it will ask you for the tracking info of the frame. When I receive the frame, the money will be released into your account. I can send you the money as soon as you provide your email. It would be great to have it shipped ASAP.

Thanks a ton”

Does that seem legit?

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 22:33 Quote
oldguymtb wrote:
I have sold a frame and arranging to ship in Canada. We are going to use PayPal goods and services, however I just want to confirm the following message from the buyer makes sense ( he sent his name, email, address, and phone but I didn’t include that for his safety):

“ For shipping
NAME
ADDRESS
PHONE
ADDRESS
I need your PayPal address, and when you log into your account it will ask you for the tracking info of the frame. When I receive the frame, the money will be released into your account. I can send you the money as soon as you provide your email. It would be great to have it shipped ASAP.

Thanks a ton”

Does that seem legit?

No it doesn't unless paypal changed their protocol. Normally when you buy something, the buyer sends the money Before you ship, once you receive the funds, then you ship your goods. Having you send your frame, w/o any funds could end up where the buyer just keeps your frame, or files a bogus claim with paypal.
If the buyer refuses to send the $$$, Walk away.

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 5:10 Quote
oldguymtb wrote:

“ For shipping
NAME
ADDRESS
PHONE
ADDRESS

Thanks a ton”

Does that seem legit?

THIS IS A SCAM! PayPal does not hold funds until shipments arrive.

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 6:51 Quote
Thank you!! That is what my spidey senses were telling me! Appreciate the input; I have told the "buyer" I am no longer moving forward with the sale.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2022 at 15:26 Quote
ZSchnei wrote:
oldguymtb wrote:

“ For shipping
NAME
ADDRESS
PHONE
ADDRESS

Thanks a ton”

Does that seem legit?

THIS IS A SCAM! PayPal does not hold funds until shipments arrive.
Is that true though? I just paid via Paypal G&S for a bike and the seller said that because he hasn't used Paypal in a while, that the funds are being held. This is what Paypal has on that:

https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/funds-availability#:~:text=Why%20are%20my%20funds%20inaccessible,re%20a%20first%2Dtime%20seller.

It seems like Paypal can hold the funds until the item is shipped. Or at least that's one way to get the funds released sooner.

Posted: Dec 28, 2022 at 7:37 Quote
I hope someone can help me:
I'm not sure what happened, but currently I can only see a fraction of the items listed in Buy/Sell.
I've looked for a settings button, but I can't find one. My screen currently shows that there are 62 complete wheels sets for sale (all wheel sizes). I know that is not correct!
Hope someone can point me in the right direction to fix this.
Thanks
Miles

Posted: Dec 28, 2022 at 7:51 Quote
Others are reporting the issue here.

Admin are looking into the issue:

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=157603&pagenum=47

Posted: Dec 28, 2022 at 13:54 Quote
The first bit was a scam, always get paid before sending anything to anyone.

The holding of money can happen sometimes with PayPal but its on the seller side. Most times the money can be released quicker if the buyer upon receiving the item, and it being correct, will tell PP the item has arrived and they will then release the money. Usually if it's a new selling account or if its not had activity in a while yes.

There are other things like PP cheques which can take a while to release too.

Posted: Jan 26, 2023 at 10:21 Quote
There are so many ppl like taking photos off eBay of nice bikes and then "selling" them for low prices. If u see a nice bike for cheap that has quality photos then check for the bike on eBay before looking at it.

Posted: Jan 31, 2023 at 7:38 Quote
Angrypalmtrees is a scammer.

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2023 at 20:58 Quote
If you put "REASONABLE OFFERS ONLY" it means as a seller you're taking offers. If you're "NOT" taking offers change it to "FIRM". I made several offers on ads indicating "REASONABLE OFFERS ONLY" and the buyer replies back with the same asking price.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2023 at 18:37 Quote
Will I be hearing from anyone at pink bike when I report a potential scammer?

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2023 at 5:45 Quote
Makinmems wrote:
Will I be hearing from anyone at pink bike when I report a potential scammer?

I believe AlanWayne is a scammer. Have sent money and he cut communications. It was through PayPal so I have started that process. He continues to list the bike as still available. I have reported potential scammer and haven’t heard anything

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010800
Mobile Version of Website