Powered by Outside

2017 Meta 4.2

PB Forum :: Commencal
2017 Meta 4.2
O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2018 at 4:40 Quote
Ive noticed before that the wheel is offset from the line of the frame to fit in the cassette but never had rub on the inside of the rear triangle

Posted: Apr 12, 2018 at 4:45 Quote
It should still line up with the seat post no matter the wheel spacing, if I ride along a straight line marked on a flat surface the rear of the bike crabs to the side.

You can see in the first picture it’s off centre of the seat and head tube and looks twisted at same time. The back and front wheel should both be inline with the seat tube and each other surely?

Posted: Apr 12, 2018 at 4:53 Quote
Definitely something up with it. I mean on my V4, the chainstay was slightly larger than usual (and I was rubbing under load with the previous crankset I had), but it was straight. And on the V4s or V4.2s I've seen, they were all straight.

Wait for the answer from Commencal, but it could possibly mean a trip back to Andorra for them to have a look at it.

O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2018 at 10:49 Quote
Alexhoward91 wrote:
Hey all

I noticed after owning the bike a short while that the inside of the linkage was rubbing and creating a shiner spot/ grooves, so I opened a warranty ticket with commencal, I haven’t followed it up as of yet as I’ve not had chance, but they did say this is a known fault with he contact linkage and they’ll send me a replacement once I filled a form out. Upon further inspection of the bike I’ve found the rear wheel is massively out of line with the rest of the frame. Anyone else heard of this or seen it? I’m emailing commencal this afternoon to find out what action I should take. Here are a couple of photos that show it.

Also noticed the crank arm on the drivers side is a lot closer to the chain stay than the none drive side. Also the wheel sits further towards drive side as you can see.

Upon inspection bearings and bearing caps a couple of the bearing caps sit out of line with the frame (as in when I run my finger over it one side of he cap is flush and the other protrudes from frames, all tight etc)

Wheel is also true and so is the tire the the wheel

As a side note the bike has suffered no big crashes or huck/jumps/cases.

photo

photo

I think you got one that slipped through quality control, I would like to think you'll be getting a new frame

Posted: Apr 12, 2018 at 15:45 Quote
Rear triangle maybe. But something seems weird.

Posted: Apr 16, 2018 at 4:41 Quote
In France Commencal are quite known for their poor quality control. Some first gen V4 had frame alignment and dimension problems.

Posted: Apr 16, 2018 at 7:30 Quote
They’ve asked me to send it back so let’s hope it gets sorted

Posted: Apr 16, 2018 at 10:12 Quote
meta 29 er coming guys

Posted: Apr 17, 2018 at 2:47 Quote
can we change name to 2018 meta v4.2 lol

Posted: Apr 18, 2018 at 11:23 Quote
Sticking to the 2018 theme going on here, I am about to pull the trigger on the 2018 shiny gunmetal v4.2 w/ the ride build.

The ride is about the top of my budget (Though I am drooling over the New Zealand spec/color scheme) and seems to come with a decent spec. I have only rode Shimano brakes and drive-trains so I don't have any first hand experience with the NX and Level Sram components. I am mostly concerned with the brakes, how do they fair on the descents?

Also have no problem spending some money to upgrade as the season goes on as that is almost as fun as buying a new bike.

I was originally sold on the SX v3 but after talking with Clay at Commencal in CO he sold me on this bike. I'm pretty stoked and am looking forward to finally getting to shred some lift assisted stuff tup

Thanks guys!

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2018 at 9:59 Quote
Upstatenoz wrote:
Sticking to the 2018 theme going on here, I am about to pull the trigger on the 2018 shiny gunmetal v4.2 w/ the ride build.

The ride is about the top of my budget (Though I am drooling over the New Zealand spec/color scheme) and seems to come with a decent spec. I have only rode Shimano brakes and drive-trains so I don't have any first hand experience with the NX and Level Sram components. I am mostly concerned with the brakes, how do they fair on the descents?

Also have no problem spending some money to upgrade as the season goes on as that is almost as fun as buying a new bike.

I was originally sold on the SX v3 but after talking with Clay at Commencal in CO he sold me on this bike. I'm pretty stoked and am looking forward to finally getting to shred some lift assisted stuff tup

Thanks guys!

I'd be waiting for the 29er personally, but I'm a tall f*cker...

Posted: Apr 19, 2018 at 15:50 Quote
Upstatenoz wrote:

Thanks guys!

I have a 2017 4.2 Ride that came with with Guide R brakes. I'm not sure what the difference is between the Level and the Guide series, but my experience with the Guides is that they are spongy. They work OK, with plenty of power and modulation, but the lever travel before engagement is pretty significant. I can actually pull the levers inward almost halfway through the travel while pedaling on flat ground and not notice any drag. I did a brake bleed just to be sure but that didn't result in any significant change. The good news is that I don't notice any fade at the bottom of a long downhill.
A friend of mine just got some Saints on his enduro bike and the thing STOPS, like NOW. Like, "Yes, sir!" My bike is more like, "Yeah, don't worry; we're going to stop."
Anyway, if you have experience with Shimano brakes I understand it's a big difference. I'd agree after having ridden my buddy's bike.

Posted: Apr 19, 2018 at 16:41 Quote
You need Guide RSC to change the pad contact point... but ya shimano are more on/off and sram just have oodles of modulation but in the end still good stopping power.

Posted: Apr 19, 2018 at 19:15 Quote
Good stuff, I’m sure they’ll do me good for this season, maybe swap to shimano over winter we will see. @toad321 ya I’m short, 29ers just never felt great to me. But if I had the height I’d be waiting with you.

Posted: Apr 19, 2018 at 20:16 Quote
standers1989 wrote:
Awesome looking rides!!!

I just ordered the brushed one....very exited.

How assembled does it come when FedEx delivers it?

I got mine 2 weeks ago and posted a video on YouTube that should help you some. https://youtu.be/ABM-obaCdcU

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030242
Mobile Version of Website