Powered by Outside

2019 Stumpjumper Evo

PB Forum :: Specialized
2019 Stumpjumper Evo
Posted: May 19, 2020 at 3:07 Quote
HunterBoMTB wrote:
Ok, so I ride a stumpy 27.5 women’s size L (I’m a guy though) and geo seems similar to the 27.5 s2. I love dj’s / downhill and all in between. I want the s2 but not certain. The s2 has longer, lower and slacker geo compared to my stumpy al comp, just a shorter seat tube. The s3 looks to long and big for jibbing in the car park and local trails and djs. I’m 6’1”, prefer smaller bikes, and come from Bmx. Recommendations?
Also, how can I convert the fox air shock (DPX2) from 210x52.5 to 210x55?

Hey, I ride an S3 evo and she is a big girl, not ideal for jibbing so an S2 would be fine. I'm 6'0 and my friends S2 feels like my large normal Stumpjumper.

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 3:16 Quote
Hi guys. Just wondering if anyone can help with the following as info seems lacking and a bit contradictory...

Can anyone confirm if a Fox FLOAT X2 will fit a 29er S3 in Aluminium?

I have one on order 2021 version but still have time to swap before it ships if it's definately a NO? I heard mention that a 2019 will fit but I cant find a 210x55mm unfortunately

Thanks for any help

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 6:10 Quote
3gdean wrote:
It's possible to get evo numbers from a regular stumpy comp650b.

Have swapped the fork to 29er (150mm) + 29er wheels (2.6dhf front AND REAR!!?), offset bush, shock mod for more travel.

VERY tight but it clears in the rear, in low mode.

The only downside it you can't have your seat all the way back and the dropper slammed. And if you have a mudhugger mudguard,,it will need trimming..

64HA whooop

photo

63.5HA if 27.5 rear...not tried it like this yet, don't like the look.

If anyone is interested in any other numbers let me know.
Dean

Good numbers! geo-wise similar to my previous bike, 2015 enduro Evo

although, you're missing out on the extra reach, longer chain stays and bottom low bottom bracket height of the stumpy EVO.

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 7:52 Quote
PhilBlackborow wrote:
HunterBoMTB wrote:
Ok, so I ride a stumpy 27.5 women’s size L (I’m a guy though) and geo seems similar to the 27.5 s2. I love dj’s / downhill and all in between. I want the s2 but not certain. The s2 has longer, lower and slacker geo compared to my stumpy al comp, just a shorter seat tube. The s3 looks to long and big for jibbing in the car park and local trails and djs. I’m 6’1”, prefer smaller bikes, and come from Bmx. Recommendations?

Hey, I ride an S3 evo and she is a big girl, not ideal for jibbing so an S2 would be fine. I'm 6'0 and my friends S2 feels like my large normal Stumpjumper.

OK, and what about the shorter seat tube? It has one of the shortest seat tubes I’ve seen, although a pretty average stand over height. If I’m 6 foot one, would I want a longer dropper post for it? And also, how can I convert the fox air shock (DPX2) from 210x52.5 to 210x55?

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 2:57 Quote
HunterBoMTB wrote:
PhilBlackborow wrote:
HunterBoMTB wrote:

OK, and what about the shorter seat tube? It has one of the shortest seat tubes I’ve seen, although a pretty average stand over height. If I’m 6 foot one, would I want a longer dropper post for it? And also, how can I convert the fox air shock (DPX2) from 210x52.5 to 210x55?

So Shock is easy if your careful, release the pressure, undo the air can and slide it down, you'll see inside a black aluminium washer on the shaft. Cut that off and don't damage the shaft.

Seatpost - I swapped mine to the X-Fusion 170mm dropper but ran the 150mm fine. I had the option of 170 drop come up so I went for it.
Mines also now running 170mm 36s and the spacer removed from the shock

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 6:39 Quote
PhilBlackborow wrote:
HunterBoMTB wrote:
PhilBlackborow wrote:

So Shock is easy if your careful, release the pressure, undo the air can and slide it down, you'll see inside a black aluminium washer on the shaft. Cut that off and don't damage the shaft.

Seatpost - I swapped mine to the X-Fusion 170mm dropper but ran the 150mm fine. I had the option of 170 drop come up so I went for it.
Mines also now running 170mm 36s and the spacer removed from the shock

Awesome, thanks! why would a fox even put a little plastic shim in there anyway?

O+
Posted: May 21, 2020 at 10:03 Quote
Does anyone here with the aluminum Evo know if the headset is integrated or uses pressed-in cups? Picking up a frame this afternoon (used), want to know if i need to go get a headset as well or if i can use the integrated headset i have already.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2020 at 10:27 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Does anyone here with the aluminum Evo know if the headset is integrated or uses pressed-in cups? Picking up a frame this afternoon (used), want to know if i need to go get a headset as well or if i can use the integrated headset i have already.

Intergrated. It's a compy style so 45°x45° bearings

Posted: Jun 21, 2020 at 4:57 Quote
What spring rate would you guys recommend on this bike for someone who weighs 180lbs? Im stuck between 550 and 600.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2020 at 7:04 Quote
15efaklaris wrote:
What spring rate would you guys recommend on this bike for someone who weighs 180lbs? Im stuck between 550 and 600.

550 is working good for my 180lb self

Posted: Jun 21, 2020 at 8:04 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
15efaklaris wrote:

550 is working good for my 180lb self

@newbermuda thanks for the input! What kind of riding are you doing? I usually ride techy trails during the week with park laps over the weekend. When at the bike park I frequently hit heavy tech, roadgaps, bigger drop to flats and big g outs. Do you think the 550 would be able to handle that without bottom out issues?

Posted: Jun 21, 2020 at 10:16 Quote
You might consider a Valt 500-610 progressive spring.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2020 at 11:40 Quote
^thats a good idea

i mainly have used the evo for park stuff, big step downs and a few built up gap jumps, 550 feels totally fine, havent had any harsh bottom outs yet

Posted: Jun 21, 2020 at 18:28 Quote
kwapik wrote:
You might consider a Valt 500-610 progressive spring.

Definitely going to look into that, this is my first time running a coil shock so i want to use a linear spring to experience what its like. If i have issues with it thatll be the next step!

Posted: Jun 21, 2020 at 18:28 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
^thats a good idea

i mainly have used the evo for park stuff, big step downs and a few built up gap jumps, 550 feels totally fine, havent had any harsh bottom outs yet

Sounds great, 550 it is!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010601
Mobile Version of Website