Powered by Outside

NWD9 ......Not enough

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
NWD9 ......Not enough
Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 10:16 Quote
I watched NWD9 the other night, and it was the biggest waste of time ever...

boring sh*t, that format has been done to deathReally Mad

The Collective, and more recently, "Seasons" totally pissed on NWD's fire

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 10:25 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:

Haven't seen it yet, does it really suck big blue b@lls? NWD 8 was okey, but I'm more in to the old school movies like nwd 1,2 and 3.

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 10:27 Quote
It seems like people either hate it or love it. I really enjoyed it, but I guess to each their own.

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 10:31 Quote
the big problem is that it just rehashes a very tired old format and brings nothing new to the party!

the first couple of NWD were good because they were fresh, raw and interesting

when the $$$ started rolling in, it went all "rockstar" and very cliched, and they became VERY boring to watch

there is no story or points of interest, and NWD does not tell you anything about the riders

NWD9 is very random in that the editing is all over the place, and the "Death Race" theme randomly pops up here and there, it also seems to be confused about what kind of riding its showing, and the filming is definitely not up to scratch

The Collective's "Seasons" was awesome because it told you a story about each rider, and showed their trials, tribulations and motivations going through a complete season of riding

I would prefer to watch ANY good skate, Bmx or snowboard movie than another NWD

peace Wink

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 10:32 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:

The Collective's "Seasons" was awesome because it told you a story about each rider, and showed their trials, tribulations and motivations going through a complete season of riding

If you like that kind of movie, then you should watch F1RST.

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 10:33 Quote
the death race was stupid, it was there at the beggining then popped up about twice in the movie and then at the end, there was no point having it if they were gonna put so little of it in

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 10:34 Quote
I enjoy the riding over the theme, but I agree. Seasons was more like a documentary on how pros live and compete and stuff. NWD is more about showing off the talent of the riders. I enjoyed both.

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 20:33 Quote
jinx wrote:
hampsteadbandit wrote:

Haven't seen it yet, does it really suck big blue b@lls? NWD 8 was okey, but I'm more in to the old school movies like nwd 1,2 and 3.
those are so sick, benders first seggy was crazy!

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 22:50 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
jinx wrote:

To jinx, yes, it's actually that bad. I think the reason people hate it is because it was so overhyped as A REVOLUTION and F*CKING EXTREEEEEEEM that it couldn't possibly live up to the hype, even if it was super ultra awesome. But it wasn't.

To norcorulz, "Life's too short not to go big, gotta go big". Words to live and/or crash & burn by. Heh.

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 23:24 Quote
ldeere683 wrote:
the death race was stupid, it was there at the beggining then popped up about twice in the movie and then at the end, there was no point having it if they were gonna put so little of it in

they were gonna do the same thing for everyone, but whistler got socked in and the weather didnt allow them to do it

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 23:32 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
jinx wrote:

To jinx, yes, it's actually that bad. I think the reason people hate it is because it was so overhyped as A REVOLUTION and F*CKING EXTREEEEEEEM that it couldn't possibly live up to the hype, even if it was super ultra awesome. But it wasn't.

To norcorulz, "Life's too short not to go big, gotta go big". Words to live and/or crash & burn by. Heh.
yeah, his face was so swollen after that, i saw on one attempt he actually almost got it
and that song suited so well, especially "dont tell me its suicide, tell me something i dont know"

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 23:38 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
yeah, his face was so swollen after that, i saw on one attempt he actually almost got it. And that song suited so well, especially "dont tell me its suicide, tell me something i dont know"

Yeah, I love the look on his face after he wrecks, he's all bloody and there's a huge shiner in his eye but he's got this grin and he just shakes his head like "Well what can ya do?"

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 23:39 Quote
yeah, that was gnarly, he does some pretty flat landings in that segment, more bounce ups than bourdo

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 23:45 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
yeah, that was gnarly, he does some pretty flat landings in that segment, more bounce ups than bourdo

It's Bender, man. What do you expect. I want to know the bike that Watson rides in the first NWD movie. Looks... weird. And old-school.

That is Watson in the segment with Bourdon, right? Where they're in the Jeep or whatever in the beginning? And there's that "Living in Exile" song (which kicks nuts by the way).

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 23:47 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
norcorulz wrote:

It's Bender, man. What do you expect. I want to know the bike that Watson rides in the first NWD movie. Looks... weird. And old-school.

That is Watson in the segment with Bourdon, right? Where they're in the Jeep or whatever in the beginning? And there's that "Living in Exile" song (which kicks nuts by the way).
no hes one of the super old school riders, Joe Schwartz, Watson was in nwd 3

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011648
Mobile Version of Website