Powered by Outside

Worst Trends in biking?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Worst Trends in biking?
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 13:19 Quote
personally, i'd definately have no confidence to shave my legs and then wear shorts

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 13:25 Quote
Pasty wrote:
personally, i'd definately have no confidence to shave my legs and then wear shorts

Meh, if you don't have the confidence to shave your legs and then go out in public, I think you have your priorities out of order.

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 13:26 Quote
Pasty wrote:

why? why is it such a big deal to you?

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 13:28 Quote
Because men have hairy legs. Have libraries full of leather bound books, houses that smell like Old Mahogany. They eat pork and beef. Drink Guinness like water, and watch UFC.

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 13:28 Quote
stryke wrote:
Pasty wrote:

why? why is it such a big deal to you?

because everyone would take the piss

its not the most masculine of things is it?

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 13:29 Quote
Point being?

Tell them to worry about other things. That the hairyness of your legs has nothing to do with penis size.

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 13:32 Quote
bonfire wrote:
Point being?

Tell them to worry about other things. That the hairyness of your legs has nothing to do with penis size.

and your penis size has anything to do with anything?

i dunno, i guess i just care too much about what other people think...

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 13:35 Quote
and this is where that topic ends...

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 13:36 Quote
It was more of a sarcastic shot.

The kids that would mock it, are the same people that drive jacked up 4X4 diesels, that never see anything but tarmac.

Totally compensation for a lack thereof...

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 13:38 Quote
bonfire wrote:
Because men have hairy legs. Have libraries full of leather bound books, houses that smell like Old Mahogany. They eat pork and beef. Drink Guinness like water, and watch UFC.
You got me in one. Wink

O+
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 13:39 Quote
I find it interesting that this thread is about the worst trends in biking; now that tends to be things that people do, that others see as wrong, but in the instance above there is an example of a guy being questioned because he doesn't want to shave his legs! Is that really wrong? I mean honestly...!

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 13:42 Quote
rolto1822 wrote:
I find it interesting that this thread is about the worst trends in biking; now that tends to be things that people do, that others see as wrong, but in the instance above there is an example of a guy being questioned because he doesn't want to shave his legs! Is that really wrong? I mean honestly...!

its a terrible trend... along with skinny jeans, lycra and leg shaving... i think a lot of bikers are turning gay Frown

oh and for the record.... lycra is a very usefull material its just not overly aesthetically pleasing, skinny jeans are usefull as they dont get caught in your chain... and leg shaving apparently has uses too... but stilll

O+
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 13:43 Quote
Pasty wrote:
rolto1822 wrote:

its a terrible trend... along with skinny jeans, lycra and leg shaving... i think a lot of bikers are turning gay Frown

oh and for the record.... lycra is a very usefull material its just not overly aesthetically pleasing, skinny jeans are usefull as they dont get caught in your chain... and leg shaving apparently has uses too... but stilll
agreed people have their own opinions, but hating on someone because they aren't following a trend... now that one's new to me!

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 13:50 Quote
Not hating.

I just think the reasoning behind not doing it, seems a little foolish. This being said, my legs are currently not shaved. They probably won't get shaved this year, doubt I will ride enough road to warrant it.

Also, I would not say shaving ones legs is a trend, people have been doing it for a very long time. Wearing your sisters jeans is a trend.

The comment about cyclists becoming gay.

In these parts I would just say that a very large portion of the male population is dressing more and more feminine every day. Stores like American Apparel, that sell deep v t-shirts for guys disturbs me a little bit.

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 13:59 Quote
I don't ride enough road to warrant it either. I'm currently in the BMX scene, and occasionally ride singletrack on my MTB.

But still, You can't really assume that anyone does something purely for looks or for a trend. I ride the way I do (and dress that way too), for function, not for looks.

Deal with it LOL.

I'm still amazed at the people that are trick riding without wearing protective gear...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012050
Mobile Version of Website