Powered by Outside

Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 9:58 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I know last year with my knee injuries I had about the same thing going. Very helpful to grind slowly up steep fire roads...

yes ofc but this is beyond "tilted forward" there is no biological way this is possibly comfy at this severe angle

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 10:08 Quote
Pointing seat at the stem was like an old rule of thumb for XC. I used to do this on my old long seatpost XC bike and it really wasn't a bad call. I'm guilty of tilting my seat like this on my AM bike, but not as extreme.

A lot of people tilt there seat the other way (nose up), this is the one that makes me scratch my head lol.

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 10:50 Quote
sosburn wrote:
Fazeless wrote:
feathers54 wrote:

bruhhhhhh, what is going on with ur seat angle, u climb up everist or something? lol

It’s only 75 degrees?

he means the downwards tilt of the seat. looks weird, but helps a lot with climbing

yes, this is true, just try ...
and you don't slide forward as you might believe, it's actually very comfortable and no pressure in sensitive areas.
and this helps a lot in the long and steep climbs we have here on the Alps

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 10:55 Quote
longjohnsilver63 wrote:
sosburn wrote:
Fazeless wrote:

It’s only 75 degrees?

he means the downwards tilt of the seat. looks weird, but helps a lot with climbing

yes, this is true, just try ...

What about riding everywhere else though? That can’t be comfy on flat terrain, especially if it’s a bit rough/rutted?

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 11:22 Quote
If the owner of the bike finds it comfortable, who's anyone else to tell him it isn't?

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 11:36 Quote
metaam wrote:
If the owner of the bike finds it comfortable, who's anyone else to tell him it isn't?

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 11:40 Quote
metaam wrote:

whatever works for u, works for u. im just trying to find out how and why it works for him! lol

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 11:51 Quote
feathers54 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I know last year with my knee injuries I had about the same thing going. Very helpful to grind slowly up steep fire roads...

yes ofc but this is beyond "tilted forward" there is no biological way this is possibly comfy at this severe angle

My seat is similar, maybe not as extreme and I find it comfortable.

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 12:16 Quote
guys cmon, i completely understand then people tip their saddles down a tiny bit for climbing but normally only just a couple of degrees (myslef included) this is extreme xc wizard mode lol

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 12:22 Quote
feathers54 wrote:
guys cmon, i completely understand then people tip their saddles down a tiny bit for climbing but normally only just a couple of degrees (myslef included) this is extreme xc wizard mode lol

Are you left handed....or right handed? Cause you know there’s only ONE! Right answer Wink

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 13:28 Quote
feathers54 wrote:

Yes, we have literally all seen it and come to terms with the fact it's not what we'd run. Can you?

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 13:30 Quote
whats ur deal dude, i'm not having a go at any of you guys, im just tryna ask the owner of the steed why he runs it that way? you can't learn if u dont ask questions

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 13:43 Quote
I don't see a question in your last post. He answered, you got stuck on it. Moving on.

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 13:44 Quote
feathers54 wrote:
whats ur deal dude, i'm not having a go at any of you guys, im just tryna ask the owner of the steed why he runs it that way? you can't learn if u dont ask questions

bruhhhhhh, what is going on with ur seat angle, u climb up everist or something? lol

Merely could have been something like, curious, whats the reason behind your seat angle?

We’re merely tossing you a lil’ crap for tossin him a lil crap. No big.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025434
Mobile Version of Website