Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 19:53 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
longjohnsilver63 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
A saddle anymore than a couple degrees off level is wrong, I don't care what you're riding. Needing to have your saddle that far out of adjustment is a sign that you're riding the wrong saddle for your body, not a matter of preference.

I think you may be right, I'm trying this saddle but I've been coming from SMP saddles for years ,and it's not easy to get used to a different saddle.
at the moment, this is the best position I've tried ...
Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to be a dick and give you a hard time... saddles are generally meant to run in a +/- 5 or so degree range from level. When you get outside of that range, you're just compensating for a mismatched fit to your body.

Just from looking at the photo, I'd say you'd probably do better with a shorter, narrower saddle... it looks like you're sitting back against the saddle more than on the saddle, likely because it's too big to be comfortable for you. That's my $0.02 anyway...

I think it has more to do with the front end being too low for his height. Having your ass up that much higher than your hands puts all of your weight on your wrists and taint instead of your seat bones. Some spacers under the stem and a high rise bar and the seat wouldn’t be so uncomfortable when flat, like it’s supposed to be. My 2c.

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 20:08 Quote
Good points as well... I only run like a 20mm saddle to bar drop on my mountain bike and I have long arms. He's running a huge drop there.

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 20:27 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Good points as well... I only run like a 20mm saddle to bar drop on my mountain bike and I have long arms. He's running a huge drop there.

Agreed. tup

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 1:56 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
longjohnsilver63 wrote:

I think you may be right, I'm trying this saddle but I've been coming from SMP saddles for years ,and it's not easy to get used to a different saddle.
at the moment, this is the best position I've tried ...
Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to be a dick and give you a hard time... saddles are generally meant to run in a +/- 5 or so degree range from level. When you get outside of that range, you're just compensating for a mismatched fit to your body.

Just from looking at the photo, I'd say you'd probably do better with a shorter, narrower saddle... it looks like you're sitting back against the saddle more than on the saddle, likely because it's too big to be comfortable for you. That's my $0.02 anyway...

I think it has more to do with the front end being too low for his height. Having your ass up that much higher than your hands puts all of your weight on your wrists and taint instead of your seat bones. Some spacers under the stem and a high rise bar and the seat wouldn’t be so uncomfortable when flat, like it’s supposed to be. My 2c.

https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/Amart1500,36440/setup,39126?page=4

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 8:06 Quote
feathers54 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I know last year with my knee injuries I had about the same thing going. Very helpful to grind slowly up steep fire roads...

yes ofc but this is beyond "tilted forward" there is no biological way this is possibly comfy at this severe angle

Not at all, mine feels great like that. Keeps the back straight with long legs, short torso, and a seat angle that could possibly be steeper.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 8:35 Quote
love ur knolly bro, sick bikes. car gods would disagree on tyre choice tho lol
bet those hoops ride lovely

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 11:00 Quote
feathers54 wrote:

Thanks! Updated pic, as bike sits now.... tires swapped to tried and true Maxxis DHF DHR II. As well as 170mm Factory 36 grip 2.... and descendant carbon cranks.

photo

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 11:46 Quote
painless wrote:
feathers54 wrote:

Thanks! Updated pic, as bike sits now.... tires swapped to tried and true Maxxis DHF DHR II. As well as 170mm Factory 36 grip 2.... and descendant carbon cranks.

photo

holy shit that has transformed the bike, factory af Cool

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 12:29 Quote
painless wrote:
feathers54 wrote:

photo

Are your brake levers perpendicular to the ground? Go OTB a lot?

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 12:42 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
painless wrote:
feathers54 wrote:

photo

No, they are down quite a bit, but more in line with the fork. And never go OTB.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 14:30 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
painless wrote:
feathers54 wrote:

photo

lever angles can be any angle between 0 and 90 tbh, it really is personal preference, guys like yoana berilli runs his levers parallel to the ground lol

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 14:37 Quote
I just found I was always waaay over the front wheel and got crazy arm pump when they were rotated that far round, all sorted by raising them up a fair bit.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 14:40 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
I just found I was always waaay over the front wheel and got crazy arm pump when they were rotated that far round, all sorted by raising them up a fair bit.

i heard raising them up helps for jumping as well but idk, i just run mine about halfway, neutral is nice, as they say. last time i checked they were 40 but i think i even went to 35 now

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028886
Mobile Version of Website