Powered by Outside

Transition Bikes; Post them

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Bikes; Post them
Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 12:23 Quote

A headcam from practice at round 2 of the Irish Downhill series. Finished 4th in Junior, 0.005 off third place!

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 18:27 Quote
Aah, if only you had pedaled a little harder lol

Posted: Aug 19, 2017 at 12:40 Quote
photo
photo

New bike!! Weighs 31.5 lbs.

Have to get out and ride it!

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 9:48 Quote
metaam wrote:
photo
photo

HOLY SEATPOST BATMAN!

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 10:58 Quote
stumpymidget wrote:
HOLY SEATPOST BATMAN!

Yeah, I'm never gonna get called anything like Stumpymidget, quite the opposite. Maybe I should change my user name to Ganglygiant! Beer

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 at 20:15 Quote
It's wild to think this bike would have 100% owned the World Cup DH circuit 10 years ago and you can still pedal it around your local loops

Sweet bike!

Posted: Sep 11, 2017 at 6:05 Quote
I've wanted to build up a hardtail and I found a nice condition TransAm frame for sale a few months ago.

Here's what I have so far.

*The read headset won't be used, ordered a black FSA impact headset.
Have all new stickers also for the bike.

-2009 Transition TransAm Frame -2010 Fox Float 36 RC2 -Transition Headset...will change -ANSWER ATAC AME MTB Stem Not shown -Front Rear Saint Hubs -Nukeproof Generator AM TCS Rims

Posted: Sep 11, 2017 at 8:07 Quote
Cool man, is that an old Vanilla? Those forks were the shit!

Posted: Sep 11, 2017 at 10:02 Quote
bartb wrote:
I've wanted to build up a hardtail and I found a nice condition TransAm frame for sale a few months ago.

-2009 Transition TransAm Frame -2010 Fox Float 36 RC2 -Transition Headset...will change -ANSWER ATAC AME MTB Stem Not shown -Front Rear Saint Hubs -Nukeproof Generator AM TCS Rims

Sweet! That is a great frame! One of my biggest regrets is selling my Trans Am frame a few years back!

Enjoy!

Posted: Sep 11, 2017 at 10:41 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
Cool man, is that an old Vanilla? Those forks were the shit!

The fork from what I gather is a 2010 Fox float 36 RC2. I just received it after buying it from ebay.co.uk. Straight steer forks are impossible to find!

wythall1 wrote:
bartb wrote:

Sweet! That is a great frame! One of my biggest regrets is selling my Trans Am frame a few years back!

Enjoy!

I've read great things about this frame. My only complaint is how they initially designed it based on limited forks. Many forks outside of the fox line tend to bang/touch the downtube.

Other than that, I'm excited :-)

Posted: Sep 21, 2017 at 8:26 Quote
I've just sold my Ti Switchback frame and built up a 2017 Scout (tracked down on of if the bit the last black frames in large because I didn't want Boost).

photo

photo

Apologies for the shoddy pics; the light was fading when I managed to get out.

First impressions; it feels a bit 'soggy' having ridden hardtails for the last few years particularly on the smoother trails but it pedals well enough and is more fun once it's pointing down. It loves corners but boy is that BB low; I though my Demo was bad for pedal strikes but this is something else even with 170mm cranks. Jumps well too. Looking forward to getting used to it over the next few weeks.

Need to shorten the chain as it's a bit long and I need to sort the rattle from the internal cables.

Posted: Sep 21, 2017 at 8:37 Quote
mindmap3 wrote:
I've just sold my Ti Switchback frame and built up a 2017 Scout (tracked down on of if the bit the last black frames in large because I didn't want Boost).

photo

photo

Apologies for the shoddy pics; the light was fading when I managed to get out.

First impressions; it feels a bit 'soggy' having ridden hardtails for the last few years particularly on the smoother trails but it pedals well enough and is more fun once it's pointing down. It loves corners but boy is that BB low; I though my Demo was bad for pedal strikes but this is something else even with 170mm cranks. Jumps well too. Looking forward to getting used to it over the next few weeks.

Need to shorten the chain as it's a bit long and I need to sort the rattle from the internal cables.

Drool Drool Drool

Posted: Sep 23, 2017 at 14:14 Quote
Low bb height? Modify riding style. People lose their damn mind about +/- 3mm of bb drop and forget that you can change the height of the pedals +/- 300mm by timing the pedal strokes carefully. The rider chooses when the pedals are down, bottom line.

Your bike looks awesome man, hope you enjoy it!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 1.305425
Mobile Version of Website