Powered by Outside

Post your Starling

PB Forum :: Other
Post your Starling
Posted: Jan 16, 2023 at 4:12 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
Hi there. Considering a Swoop frame as "Treat Yo-self 2023".
Is anybody using air shock, or is it defo much better a coil shock?
The website says 16 weeks for completion, does this adjust to reality?
Cheers!

For me coil suits my "wheels on the ground" riding style. I've got an air as well but don't use it as the Ohlins is so much better.

You could probably argue that coils suit the personality of Starlings (at least the Murmur) better as they're more about natural techy terrain than flow trails due to the flex. A coil shock helps gives even more grip.

If I was after a poppy / jibby bike or a bike for flow trails I don't think I would have bought a Starling - it would be carbon with air both ends.

Posted: Jan 23, 2023 at 17:01 Quote
After a year and a half of drought followed by a month of historic rainfall that shut down everything within a days drive I finally got my British gal out in her native conditions.

photo

Posted: Mar 14, 2023 at 22:36 Quote
So much tan, so nice.

Posted: Mar 14, 2023 at 22:45 Quote
photo
/
Snap - must be that rebuild time if the year

Posted: Mar 27, 2023 at 3:23 Quote
A new Twist is born Big Grin

Starling Twist

Posted: Mar 27, 2023 at 4:25 Quote
Please do tell once you get it dirty.

Posted: Mar 27, 2023 at 6:05 Quote
It's already been dirty Smile Went out yesterday and got caught in a thunderstorm. Steel doesn't conduct electricity right? ;-) The ground was very soft so not ideal but first observations were, love the geometry, especially the steep seat tube for pedalling, the Vigi high grip rolls a bit slow (compared to a DHF), it has a nice calm and super solid ride feel. Can't wait to get out on a dry trail.

Andy

Posted: Apr 1, 2023 at 14:25 Quote
photo
I need to get my Puffin Pedallers decals!

The Santa Cruz is my brother's new Tallboy. We spent yesterday ripping some of the local blacks. With a shred buddy along who could call 911 I was able to open her up more than I ever have before on my solo rides. And Goldie continues to be a better bike than I am a rider. XD

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2023 at 2:11 Quote
I can't wait to post mine haha, but waiting on the bottom bracket... nothing but a rolling chassis for now.

Sorry for this useless post, I'm trying to vent off some of the hype pressure in my head I guess

Posted: Apr 3, 2023 at 3:14 Quote
Stuuriaan wrote:
I can't wait to post mine haha, but waiting on the bottom bracket... nothing but a rolling chassis for now.

Sorry for this useless post, I'm trying to vent off some of the hype pressure in my head I guess

Post the rolling chassis...

Posted: Apr 3, 2023 at 3:42 Quote
photo
Re-sprayed and rebuilt.

The forks came back from TF Tuned at 170mm (up from 160mm) not that I asked them to change them but it should be interesting non the less.

Bonus points if you can spot the missing part...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017742
Mobile Version of Website