2015 Giant Glory 27,5

PB Forum :: Giant
2015 Giant Glory 27,5
Posted: Oct 8, 2018 at 0:26 Quote
anyone run the rock shox vivid coil r2c on their glory, and know what their settings are?

i currently have the kage and am upgrading to the vivid coil r2c. I am running 550lb spring but have no idea on what settings to start off with. i.e compression, end stroke rebound and begining stroke rebound.

any of you guys know what you are running? how many clicks out from fully counter clockwise for each of the above?

there is not much help online for recent versions of the shock.

cheers

Posted: Oct 13, 2018 at 13:47 Quote
let me know how you go once its on mate, i have no doubt you will be impressed, SAR are a great company to deal with and make a excellent product.[/Quote] thanks for recommending SAR springs. Bought it a while ago but not had much chance to ride bike. First of all they delivered very quickly. The spring is noticeably lighter then the stock fox steel spring. It feels awesome and totally transformed my bike. Just need some more time on bike to get my settings dialed in Smile

Posted: Oct 13, 2018 at 15:25 Quote
Reignrob wrote:
let me know how you go once its on mate, i have no doubt you will be impressed, SAR are a great company to deal with and make a excellent product.
thanks for recommending SAR springs. Bought it a while ago but not had much chance to ride bike. First of all they delivered very quickly. The spring is noticeably lighter then the stock fox steel spring. It feels awesome and totally transformed my bike. Just need some more time on bike to get my settings dialed in Smile [/Quote]

mate no problems at all, happy to help out and not see fellow riders get ripped off. how much better does it feel from the moment you sit on it!

Posted: Nov 10, 2018 at 12:44 Quote
andydhteam wrote:
Reignrob wrote:
let me know how you go once its on mate, i have no doubt you will be impressed, SAR are a great company to deal with and make a excellent product.
thanks for recommending SAR springs. Bought it a while ago but not had much chance to ride bike. First of all they delivered very quickly. The spring is noticeably lighter then the stock fox steel spring. It feels awesome and totally transformed my bike. Just need some more time on bike to get my settings dialed in Smile

mate no problems at all, happy to help out and not see fellow riders get ripped off. how much better does it feel from the moment you sit on it![/Quote] genuinely feels awesome. A guy who rides my local downhill park has same model glory with the same rate fox sls coil and the sar spring feels better imo and his. The bike just seems to track ground nicer and feels more planted. Even after alot of adjustments been made to shock on the sls equipped bike it just couldn't touch my bike. Not sure why this is but I love this sar spring.

Posted: Nov 11, 2018 at 11:00 Quote
Reignrob wrote:
andydhteam wrote:
Reignrob wrote:
thanks for recommending SAR springs. Bought it a while ago but not had much chance to ride bike. First of all they delivered very quickly. The spring is noticeably lighter then the stock fox steel spring. It feels awesome and totally transformed my bike. Just need some more time on bike to get my settings dialed in Smile

mate no problems at all, happy to help out and not see fellow riders get ripped off. how much better does it feel from the moment you sit on it!
genuinely feels awesome. A guy who rides my local downhill park has same model glory with the same weight fox sls coil and the sar spring feels better imo and his. The bike just seems to track ground nicer and feels more planted. Even after alot of adjustments been made to shock on the sls equipped bike it just couldn't touch my bike. Not sure why this is but I love this sar spring.[/Quote]

id say it has to do with the spring rates.. glad you like it mate. lucky you didnt get a rubbish tispring lol

Posted: Nov 21, 2018 at 5:25 Quote
Gian Glory 27.5 0 on 26 wheels

So, I build up a bike on 26" wheels.
BB is slightly lower than on my old Sunday, but all is OK. Glory is more stable on rough surfaces and it feels good.
Build timelapse, if somebody interested:

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 13:44 Quote
daffyhuck wrote:
The race steed

Heres mine, changes include: deemax wheelset, saint brakes, saint pedals, renthal bars/stem/grips, 105 small casette and ice tech rotors. Sdg i beam seat and post combo and running tubeless continental der kaiser tyres.
My scales say 33lbs if anyones interested in that sort of thing although im doubtful about their accuracy.

What du bushings do you use

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 18:32 Quote
Has anyone tried running a 29 wheel in the front?

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 2:14 Quote
Not yet, only got 40s available at the moment though.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 2:27 Quote
Have had a few upgrades over the years, this is the current spec, coming in at 15Kg

photo

And the original:

Danmcdan wrote:
Mine arrived yesterday...2015 Glory Advanced 1

photo

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 18:20 Quote
Danmcdan wrote:
Have had a few upgrades over the years, this is the current spec, coming in at 15Kg

photo

And the original:

Danmcdan wrote:

photo
mine was exactly the same as yours when it started

Now it looks like this but with saint clipless pedals and code rsc brakes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVdlambBEml/?igshid=47i33dhxighg

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 0:51 Quote
makripper wrote:
Danmcdan wrote:

photo

And the original:

Danmcdan wrote:

photo

looking awesome and coming in very light. Are you running dh spec wire bead tyres?

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 15:39 Quote
Reignrob wrote:
makripper wrote:
Danmcdan wrote:

photo

And the original:

looking awesome and coming in very light. Are you running dh spec wire bead tyres?
specialized grid casing

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 18:19 Quote
are those dual ply dh casings or an exo mid weight? very light!!

Danmcdan wrote:

photo

And the original:

Danmcdan wrote:

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028223
Mobile Version of Website