Powered by Outside

Post your Starling

PB Forum :: Other
Post your Starling
O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2023 at 4:51 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
Stuuriaan wrote:
I can't wait to post mine haha, but waiting on the bottom bracket... nothing but a rolling chassis for now.

Sorry for this useless post, I'm trying to vent off some of the hype pressure in my head I guess

Post the rolling chassis...

I'd love to, but I don't want it public just yet. I'm a nerd and I'm getting pictures done later this month.

I'm absolutely in love already though.

It's a midnight blue murmur v3

Posted: Apr 3, 2023 at 5:56 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
photo
Re-sprayed and rebuilt.

The forks came back from TF Tuned at 170mm (up from 160mm) not that I asked them to change them but it should be interesting non the less.

Bonus points if you can spot the missing part...

Nice blue. You can it or have done?

Looks good.

Posted: Apr 3, 2023 at 6:57 Quote
Nice blue. You can it or have done?

Looks good.[/Quote]

I rattle canned it and lacquered over top. Next time I may get it done properly but I really like the colour so may get it matched.

Posted: Apr 3, 2023 at 8:18 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
photo
Re-sprayed and rebuilt.

The forks came back from TF Tuned at 170mm (up from 160mm) not that I asked them to change them but it should be interesting non the less.

Bonus points if you can spot the missing part...

Rear brake disc?

Unrelated, I forgot to mention that I've joined the Oval Revolution. I swapped out my round chainring about a month ago, and I'm a fan. Power delivery definitely feels a lot smoother and more consistant on punchy climbs.

Posted: Apr 3, 2023 at 13:05 Quote
Rear brake disc?

Unrelated, I forgot to mention that I've joined the Oval Revolution. I swapped out my round chainring about a month ago, and I'm a fan. Power delivery definitely feels a lot smoother and more consistant on punchy climbs.[/Quote]

And we have a winner. I'm redoing the pawls in my rear hub so have the rear rotor off until the hub is done.

I tried an oval when I got the bike 4 years ago but it didn't fit from memory. I have a purple one that I may try - I haven't ridden one in a few years. I remember them being better for flats as you could stomp more with less slip.

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2023 at 22:01 Quote
Joining the club! Build up my Murmur yesterday. Nothing too fancy on it, but reliable components that work. Could just get it out for a quick spin and it felt good. Suspension was too soft and some tinkering with the cockpit is needed. But I'll deal with that over the next two days. Love the looks and feel so far.

photo

Posted: Apr 6, 2023 at 5:16 Quote
Nice. Raw dawg looking good.

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2023 at 6:54 Quote
meniac wrote:
Joining the club! Build up my Murmur yesterday. Nothing too fancy on it, but reliable components that work. Could just get it out for a quick spin and it felt good. Suspension was too soft and some tinkering with the cockpit is needed. But I'll deal with that over the next two days. Love the looks and feel so far.

photo

Very nice! I love the frame colour

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2023 at 5:09 Quote
Thanks! Was aber to give it a proper testing. It's pretty cool to ride a bike this silent. Geo feels pretty good for my liking. All in all the whole package is pretty neat.

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2023 at 2:32 Quote
boomforeal wrote:
photo

Such a sucker for midnight blue

Posted: Apr 15, 2023 at 0:40 Quote
Lookseasy - Following on from your comment on Mike F's article on NSMB - I've run 2.6 SE5s on my Murmur with plenty of room to spare.

Posted: Apr 15, 2023 at 7:13 Quote
I have 2.6 special eyes tires on mine. Easy fit.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013208
Mobile Version of Website