Boxxer Owner's.......
Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 12:45 Quote
You sir got a lemon

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 16:10 Quote
c-bernier wrote:
You sir got a lemon
2 lemons!

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 16:28 Quote
You would have to work very hard to get me to ride something other than a boxxer.

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 16:36 Quote
Nobble wrote:
You would have to work very hard to get me to ride something other than a boxxer.
I used to be that way, but now I'm just not sure anymore. I've been on Rockshox since 1994 and NEVER had this many problems......2 forks in the last 2 years, with soon to be 7 warranty returns. Something's just not right about that.

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 16:39 Quote
jetpilot wrote:
Nobble wrote:
I used to be that way, but now I'm just not sure anymore. I've been on Rockshox since 1994 and NEVER had this many problems......2 forks in the last 2 years, with soon to be 7 warranty returns. Something's just not right about that.
what exactly went wrong with them?

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 16:49 Quote
First one was a 2010 Boxxer Race. First the rebound cartrige went, then it seized, then the bushings went, then the arch broke, then it had a mysterious clunk, at which point they finally sent me a brand new 2012 R2C2. That was 6 weeks ago, and now it seems like the bushings are toast. WTF???

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 16:51 Quote
jetpilot wrote:
First one was a 2010 Boxxer Race. First the rebound cartrige went, then it seized, then the bushings went, then the arch broke, then it had a mysterious clunk, at which point they finally sent me a brand new 2012 R2C2. That was 6 weeks ago, and now it seems like the bushings are toast. WTF???
the race damper is a piece of plastic, you shouldnt expect too much from it.

and how are the bushings bad on your new one? my friends 2011 R2C2 had a lot of play, but he got the RS guys to check it out in person and they said it's normal because they increased the bushing play to allow better lubrication. the play goes away when you compress the fork.

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 16:56 Quote
A loud 'crack' sound when the bike is pushed forward with the brake on (or just pushed against a wall with no brake on), whether it's compressed or not. When the fork is simply comressed vertically it doesnt do it. So in short, it happens when the fork is stressed hoizontally, not vertically.

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 17:00 Quote
You got an angleset on there? Headset is tight?

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 17:02 Quote
it dosent really sound like a bushing issue to me.

from my experience bushing issues usually result in a lot of play or stanchion damage.

maxle tight, rotor and brake hardware tight, hub bearing preload tight, as well as the things whattheheel mentioned?

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 17:13 Quote
Sounds like a headset issue to me.

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 18:12 Quote
Have a Chris King headset and it's tight. I definatly think it's in the fork. When I hold the lowers I can really feel the clunk. When I hold the crowns/headset area I dont feel it nearly as much.

Posted: Aug 3, 2012 at 5:22 Quote
Take the wheel off and turn it upside down try move the lowers

Posted: Aug 3, 2012 at 13:49 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Take the wheel off and turn it upside down try move the lowers
Can not reproduce the problem this way. It's tough to apply enough force without the bike sliding around on the floor. The problem seems to be worse at the end of a ride compared to the begining.
Dismantled headset, crowns etc. cleaned and tightened everything. We'll see how it does today.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011203
Mobile Version of Website