Powered by Outside

Solid Strike owners club

PB Forum :: Other
Solid Strike owners club
Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 5:09 Quote
Hi, just purchased a second-hand strike as I’ve always wanted one and my old tr500 frame is too short for me (got a thing for older bikes). Not 100% sure what size I purchased, the gent I bought it from swore it’s a M/L which is good enough for what I’m after but there’s no clear indication what it is exactly. The code stamped in the bottom bracket ends with L X L which I’m hoping means it’s an L/XL size which would be even better. Don’t suppose someone do me a favour and confirm if the frame size is the last digits on the frame code? Just trying to source a spare mech hanger and I’ll be sorted. Thanks in advance!

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 5:57 Quote
Spangoolies wrote:
Hi, just purchased a second-hand strike as I’ve always wanted one and my old tr500 frame is too short for me (got a thing for older bikes). Not 100% sure what size I purchased, the gent I bought it from swore it’s a M/L which is good enough for what I’m after but there’s no clear indication what it is exactly. The code stamped in the bottom bracket ends with L X L which I’m hoping means it’s an L/XL size which would be even better. Don’t suppose someone do me a favour and confirm if the frame size is the last digits on the frame code? Just trying to source a spare mech hanger and I’ll be sorted. Thanks in advance!
Not sure about the sizing, but is there not a spare mech hanger near the bottom bracket junction? That was one of the selling points.

It's a great bike, one of the few that I regret selling.

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 6:06 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
Not sure about the sizing, but is there not a spare mech hanger near the bottom bracket junction? That was one of the selling points.

It's a great bike, one of the few that I regret selling.

Unfortunately not. I’ve emailed the address on Solids website and Reverse components also so fingers crossed. Worst case they look pretty a pretty simple design so might be able to get one or 2 made somewhere. Thanks though

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 13:11 Quote
It is a L/XL. Mine was stamped M/L. I would probably have kept it at but I'm a bit of a numbers nerd and at 6' decided I needed a longer bike. The L/XL would have been perfect.
The hanger, or rather the postage was stupid money when I bought a spare a few years back from reverse components.

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 13:44 Quote
mcozzy wrote:
It is a L/XL. Mine was stamped M/L. I would probably have kept it at but I'm a bit of a numbers nerd and at 6' decided I needed a longer bike. The L/XL would have been perfect.
The hanger, or rather the postage was stupid money when I bought a spare a few years back from reverse components.

Thanks for that! Only thing is I didn’t need the reach adjust headset I just ordered. Oh well. I’m 5’11” and prefer a longer bike so with a standard headset should be spot on.
I finally recieved an email quote this afternoon for a hanger and fixing screw for €50! f**k that, I’ll have a go at making my own. A 100mm square plate of 8mm thick 6082 aluminium is only £9 on eBay, should be able to make something workable with basic tools

Posted: Feb 3, 2022 at 13:02 Quote
Finished the bike build and also made a couple of spare mech hangers. The hangers came out pretty good considering I only used basic tools and a lot of patience. I’m going to use the one that has a little more material as it’s a bit stronger. Looking forward to testing the bike out soon

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 10:27 Quote
Just wondering if anyone has changed their strike to 29inch wheels? And any photos of it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.035326
Mobile Version of Website