Powered by Outside

YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...
Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 1:03 Quote
My Jeffsy 27 AL 2 arrived and it looks sweet!

I have some hope v4's to fit, but wasn't expecting to see the rear brake hose routed internally. Anyone have any tips on getting the old hose out and new hose in with spilling fluid all over and inside the frame? Does the frame have guides inside or is it literally just two holes and a free for all between the two?

Thanks.

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 3:33 Quote
[Quote="Psythepie"

I have one in a small, it's just long enough as long as I have 4-5mm of spacers above the top of the steerer, if I reduce that to 1 or 2mm it just starts to push the bottom plug/keeper out slightly but it's not a problem so I think you'll be laughing with a large.[/Quote]

Sweet thanks mate. I'll get one ordered. Anyone in the UK got the thread tapping tool they want to sell on?

O+
Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 11:01 Quote
dirtjumpur wrote:
My Jeffsy 27 AL 2 arrived and it looks sweet!

I have some hope v4's to fit, but wasn't expecting to see the rear brake hose routed internally. Anyone have any tips on getting the old hose out and new hose in with spilling fluid all over and inside the frame? Does the frame have guides inside or is it literally just two holes and a free for all between the two?

Thanks.

ideally you will need a section of spare hose and a double ended barb that you get with reverb dropper posts (i think you can buy them aftermarket too). the reason for needing the spare hose is that you have to disconnect the lever end of the cable from the guides (i assume you will also with the hopes). so disconnect existing hose from lever and join to spare hose with barb (this will prevent fluid leak) then pull the old host out from the bottom and disconnect. then disconnect the hose from the lever of the new brakes and join it to the spare hose thats still in the frame at the bottom and pull it through and reconnect to the new lever.

now you can re-use or sell the guides unlike me who didn't have any spare hose so had to cut the existing hose at the caliper and use that meaning I now have an unuseable rear brake that i cant really sell. you live and learn.

Oh and as for guides there are only some small guide holes in the head tube that i can see the rest is just loose in the frame which is annoying as I get lots of cable rattle and the port holes are too small to wrap the cables.

As an additional point I would check the cable port in the frame for the front gear cable as I noticed when converting to 1x that the metal insert into the frame had a sharp edge that had started to cut through the outer cable so might be worth smooting the edge or wrapping the cable a bit

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 12:28 Quote
Thanks for the tips. Didn't have any spare hose but managed to use a combination of a wire coat hanger and old brake cable inner, annoyingly got it all ready to bleed and have just realised that because YT set up the brakes Euro style, the hole they used in the headtube doesn't give the best routing when the rear lever is mounted on the left.

So I'm going to have to remove the forks again and manhandle the hose back into the frame and out of the right hand hole where the front mech cable was. Which wouldn't be so bad but the hope braided hose is both stiffer and larger dia than the SRAM hose!.

In other news I fitted the reverb 1x remote and it was a doddle with the special bleed tool, plus it is now much easier to operate.

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 12:35 Quote
More importantly has anyone else tried to fit Hope brakes to their jeffsy?

The caliper fouls the post Mount on the rear of the frame so I had to space it off with a couple of washers. But that now means the pads aren't lined up perfectly with the disc...

I can't see a solution except either changing the disc to 183mm or 200mm with a hope adapter.

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 6:28 Quote
Should have my bike by next weekend. Can't wait!

Ended up changing my mind and going ahead with the CF-1 instead of the AL1; decided the 3 way damping and weight savings were worth it.

I wish YT would let you customize your build because from what I can tell the E*13 dropper may be better than the Turbine dropper but we'll see.

Got my new shoes, pedals, and other gear here and raring to get out on this bike.

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 13:21 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:

Ended up changing my mind and going ahead with the CF-1 instead of the AL1; decided the 3 way damping and weight savings were worth it.

I wish YT would let you customize your build because from what I can tell the E*13 dropper may be better than the Turbine dropper but we'll see.

Got my new shoes, pedals, and other gear here and raring to get out on this bike.

Good decision mate thats exactly what i did the lure of better suspension and a carbon frame were just too much. And i have to say it was the right decision for me i absolutely love the bike its truly amazing.
Enjoy my friend

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 16:56 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:

Nice welcome to the CF1 crew hahaha the bike is a beast.

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 16:57 Quote
Quick question guys the top of the line Jeffsy CF Pro Race is 160 x 160 travel but I'm trying to find a Fox 34 that's 160 travel but can't find one anywhere is there something they messed with internally to make it 160???

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 23:08 Quote
Hi,
Anyone using 28T oval absolute black boost / nonboost chainring? Which to fit Jeffsy 27 Al Turbine cranks? Considering it to move from 32T because I have very steep hills around my home.

Thanks.

Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 1:20 Quote
Hello,

I just replaced my Race Face BB (one bearing died) with Hope http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/lt/en/hope-pf41-press-fit-30mm-bottom-bracket/rp-prod135904, but bearings look exposed and old RF outer race does not cover them.

Has anyone tried Hope BB? How did you managed to cover the bearings?

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 1:48 Quote

what does everyone make of the above review from MBR Magazine?. I'm not sure Im a skilled enough rider or have ridden enough bikes to know if the bike is flexy or not all I know is it makes me smile when i ride it. I guess it would be nice to know it can handle a bit more than I'm currently throwing her way though.

Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 5:58 Quote
MacieIKS wrote:
Hi,
Anyone using 28T oval absolute black boost / nonboost chainring? Which to fit Jeffsy 27 Al Turbine cranks? Considering it to move from 32T because I have very steep hills around my home.

Thanks.

I use the 30t oval and fits just fine ????????

Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 6:07 Quote
elementour wrote:

what does everyone make of the above review from MBR Magazine?. I'm not sure Im a skilled enough rider or have ridden enough bikes to know if the bike is flexy or not all I know is it makes me smile when i ride it. I guess it would be nice to know it can handle a bit more than I'm currently throwing her way though.

All I care about is that the YT Jeffsy is part of the Gwinning team ????????

Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 6:58 Quote
elementour wrote:

Skip to 7:59. Nuff said. We made the right choice.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011978
Mobile Version of Website