Powered by Outside

Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 14:34 Quote
It's certainly the noisiest bike I've ever had!

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 16:31 Quote
You just need to know how to treat them right, give them a good hammering but service them after every ride and you won't get all these funny noises etc, people laugh at me when I say I service my bike at least once every two weeks, and do my forks at least every 8 weeks, it keeps everything fresh and trouble free, I've never had problem with mine making clunks and knocks, fix it before it gets worse

Posted: Sep 24, 2014 at 8:13 Quote
Anyone found a good place to order spare derailleur hangars from for the 2013/2014 models, looking on Google is coming up a bit short for anywhere in the EU?

Posted: Sep 24, 2014 at 8:40 Quote
tomcrowther wrote:
tried SOShangar?

Amazing, found it right away, now if only Google would link that site instead of ebay sellers in Canada I would have avoided all this haha

Thanks dude!

Posted: Sep 26, 2014 at 11:44 Quote
tomcrowther wrote:
It's certainly the noisiest bike I've ever had!

You can do plenty to quieten it, my gambler, albeit an old style one was pretty damn quiet, same with the myst until i stuck the road derailier on it lol

Posted: Sep 29, 2014 at 7:28 Quote
Michaels myst Is the quietest bike ever!

Posted: Sep 29, 2014 at 11:44 Quote
Once the BB and pivot bearings are replaced on mine it'll be silent as a mouse once more Smile

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 23:14 Quote
andybeck wrote:
Has anyone tried 27.5 wheels in the 2013 Gamblers? I recently dented my fork leg and need new lowers, so i was thinking about running 650b lowers, and trying out a 27.5 wheel in a 2013 gambler. Would it mess with the geometry too much in a negative way? Also questioning tire clearance in the rear, but I have seen some of the WC guys run 650b wheels on the 2013 gambler (although we all know WC riders are not riding the same bike the public buys). If anyone has had experience with this please feel free to give any feedback

Bump* Help! Feel free to note if this belongs in a different thread

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 3:23 Quote
Just set the backend in the longer setup and it should work, I guess you will get a longer wheelbase but if that is no problem for you just go for it.

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 10:46 Quote
MRosth wrote:
Just set the backend in the longer setup and it should work, I guess you will get a longer wheelbase but if that is no problem for you just go for it.
put it this way it's future proof

Posted: Oct 6, 2014 at 22:26 Quote
Good Day Mates!

I'm from the Philippines and i own a 2011 Scott Gambler. Well, i hope you guys can help me. I am planning to change my headtube insert to 1.5"(well im using the 1-1/8") to have a low height stack for the headtube. I have a problem getting my hands on these 1.5" headtube inserts. I already contacted Scott Philippines but they have said that the item is not available. Where can i order or buy these inserts? can you suggest shops who ship worldwide?

Thanks mates

Posted: Oct 6, 2014 at 22:50 Quote
Cane creek or Chris king maybe?

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 4:42 Quote
MRosth wrote:
Cane creek or Chris king maybe?

oh thanks for the reply. im referring to the headtube itself not the headset. 2012 model and below scott gambler has interchangeable headtube. the one im looking for is the 1.5" headtube insert. Do you know where to buy that part?

http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.asp?id=171227 its like this but the part is not available anymore.

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 8:01 Quote
go to http://chrisking.com/headsets/hds_inset and you should find what you need Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014058
Mobile Version of Website