Powered by Outside

Strava Users Thread

Posted: May 18, 2015 at 13:23 Quote
Pretty sure there's a website that allows you to change it

Posted: May 18, 2015 at 13:32 Quote
Shieldsy94 wrote:
Pretty sure there's a website that allows you to change it
Yeah Digital EPO.
Strava can give wildly inaccurate times, I hiked a hill with my brother and supposedly got to the top 1min before him even though he was next to me so over short segements it can change a lot.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2015 at 8:36 Quote
mrbrett wrote:
brncr6 wrote:
Can people cheat there time on strava?

Yes, it's possible that either their GPS has poor accuracy or they manipulated the file they uploaded to Strava manually.
Yep indeed, on shoter trails the accuracy matters a fair bit. There's this trail I, as an average racer, do in about 30s in Whistler, top times are 3 and 7 seconds Big Grin I mean, there's some incredibly talented riders here, but 250km/h average seems suspicious Big Grin

Posted: Feb 23, 2016 at 2:48 Quote
I can get around my local pump track in about 11secs if I take the shortcut but the guys at the top of the leader board r doing it in like 1 sec!!!!???? Very suspicious!

Posted: Feb 23, 2016 at 5:51 Quote
Happens all the time. Usually in dense areas where multiple trails are near each other. A section of river rocks near the house , about 300 meters long, has a KOM top speed of 25. Turns up that a flat path is parallel the river rock area.

Posted: Feb 23, 2016 at 5:53 Quote
There are A LOT of bullshit strava times on leader boards - most garmins capable of 1 second recording are shipped setup to estimate over about 5 second intervals, you need to alter settings to get good resolution, which is obviously going to give rubbish readings flat out on a Forrest trail. Loads of other GPS devices also interpolate position, as little as every 5 - 7 seconds, only way to get good accurate reading is top end GPS with 1 second recording. I bet half the leaders on short technical sections are using devices that estimate.

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2016 at 14:41 Quote
http://www.digitalepo.com/

Posted: Jan 31, 2017 at 23:11 Quote
today i got a rad KOM and then went back and blocked all the erosive strava lines.

Posted: Feb 1, 2017 at 18:28 Quote
zeeman wrote:
today i got a rad KOM and then went back and blocked all the erosive strava lines.

lol lol legend

Posted: Feb 21, 2017 at 5:35 Quote
hey guys I'm looking for a relatively cheap strava watch because I really hate the idea of mounting a gps to my bar. Do any of you guys know of a good watch? Thanks for the help.

Also, I found this on Amazon but I'm wondering if its any good. https://www.amazon.com/Soleus-Unisex-SG012-001-Digital-Black/dp/B00YH496DW/ref=sr_1_54?ie=UTF8&qid=1487650892&sr=8-54&keywords=strava+watch
Thanks for the help Smile

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 1:46 Quote
shredderIII wrote:
hey guys I'm looking for a relatively cheap strava watch because I really hate the idea of mounting a gps to my bar. Do any of you guys know of a good watch? Thanks for the help.

Also, I found this on Amazon but I'm wondering if its any good. https://www.amazon.com/Soleus-Unisex-SG012-001-Digital-Black/dp/B00YH496DW/ref=sr_1_54?ie=UTF8&qid=1487650892&sr=8-54&keywords=strava+watch
I'm just running it off my phone, not as accurate as other methods but if you're looking to save $$ it does the job fine

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2017 at 22:00 Quote
Singletracks did a test... so long as your phone is recent and up to date it's no less accurate.

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2018 at 20:15 Quote
How do I change the Strava account that is linked to Trailforks?

Posted: Aug 20, 2018 at 3:24 Quote
shredderIII wrote:

Need suggestions too. My phone has poor gps sensitivity, I want to go for a watch. Is TomTom Spark 3 good enough for the task?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013586
Mobile Version of Website