Powered by Outside

Boxxer Owner's.......

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Boxxer Owner's.......
Posted: Mar 30, 2013 at 12:20 Quote
You should be able to push the compression cartridge in by hand. Put it back together, ride it for abit and see if it feels right.

Posted: Aug 18, 2013 at 21:40 Quote
My beginning stroke rebound knob on my 2010 boxxer team will not turn independently. The Ending stroke knob turns fine but the beginning knob turns with it as well. The beginning stroke knob is pretty much stuck to the ending stroke knob.Any way for me to fix it? I really don't want to pay for the shop to do it but I will as a last resort

Posted: Aug 19, 2013 at 9:22 Quote
Take the rebound nobs out the fork, then strip it down so that the small hex adjuster is removed from the middle and refit it like that, so your beginning stroke knob is now hollow. Put an Allen key down the same size as the beginning stroke hex part you have removed. Then turn that clockwise and your end stroke adjuster anti clockwise, it will be hard to turn and you'll prob feel like its going to break but they will 'crack' apart. Then rebuild your adjuster knob.

They seem to stick together sometimes.

I had to do this on the compression and rebound adjusters on my mates 2012 r2c2's. works fine now.

Posted: Aug 19, 2013 at 15:23 Quote
mwilliams wrote:
Take the rebound nobs out the fork, then strip it down so that the small hex adjuster is removed from the middle and refit it like that, so your beginning stroke knob is now hollow. Put an Allen key down the same size as the beginning stroke hex part you have removed. Then turn that clockwise and your end stroke adjuster anti clockwise, it will be hard to turn and you'll prob feel like its going to break but they will 'crack' apart. Then rebuild your adjuster knob.

They seem to stick together sometimes.

I had to do this on the compression and rebound adjusters on my mates 2012 r2c2's. works fine now.
thank you so much!!! I really appreciate it! tup tup

Posted: Aug 21, 2013 at 13:34 Quote
Did a rebuild of my Motion Control damper a few days back. (according to the tech video by sram) and there's a metallic clunk when the fork rebounds quickly. It wasn't there earlier and it only occurs on quick rebounds like getting off a lip. Have you ever came across this problem?

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2014 at 22:58 Quote
Hey guys! Since I have no idea where to get Boxxer decals in BC (cos obviously noone rides bikes here, right?), I thought I'd give a shot designing ones on my own.

I had no idea about what theme to use, so I just started with things, added a tree into the boXXer letters and slight trees texture on the right stanchion(left), then covering it up with map of Cypress mountain (I can actually use that Big Grin ).

I'm a pathetic graphic guy though, so I thought I'd ask for opinions?
photo

Posted: Jan 21, 2014 at 5:56 Quote
Looks good. Send me a set too!

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2014 at 6:06 Quote
Well here comes!

The only thing that sucks, I'm completely clueless when it comes to this vector graphic, and I have no idea how the print is gonna turn out, most of my image applications can't render the trail map background Frown
First ever attempt designing anything hope it doesn t hurt too many eyes
(also, the picture doesn't show it quite well, but those red spots are trail names)

Obviously the idea is far from new, but it would match my bars and cranks and hopefully Atlas pedals soon either!

EDIT: and I f*cked up my home flag lol

Posted: May 13, 2014 at 5:15 Quote
Hi everyone. I have a problem and need your help. Yesterday I've changed oil in bottom leg on my Boxxer R2C2 2012. After that my rebound settings doesn't work apart. It's too difficult to explain, but I'll try.

1. If I take off rebound handle from fork and tried to tune rebound setting with hexagon key, then "beginning rebound" and "ending rebound" works well. But if I put rebound handle in place, "beginning rebound" doesn't working apart of "ending rebound".

2. When I tried to tune my "beginning rebound" to slow moving (turtle) and after that tried to push on fork on my floor, the rebound works very fast. And if I tune opposite to fast (rabbit) this rebound, nothing changed, rebound still very fast.

What I'm doing wrong? I'm haven't disassembled cartridge or something in leg, I've just changed oil.

Posted: May 13, 2014 at 10:21 Quote
Are both the handles stuck together? You can't move them independently from each other?

Posted: May 16, 2014 at 2:24 Quote
mwilliams wrote:
Are both the handles stuck together? You can't move them independently from each other?

Exactly. But I'd found and already solved the problem. The problem is "beggining rebound" knob was stuck in the end position.

Posted: Jun 20, 2014 at 16:27 Quote
Be really grateful if you could have a quick look at this boxxer thread, any info very much appreciated :-) Thanks
http://https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=160748

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 19:03 Quote
hi guys... i bought a boxxer pretty old... its hc2 open oil bath i was like Very confused what is this? first rock shox open oil bath im seeing... its a plus for me i like open oil bath feeling... well it has 2 springs going to put just 1 to save weight has rebound adjust and compression but not like recent boxxers more like marzocchi compression... on the manual it says 10wt on the compression side ... im going to put 7.5 to play safe...

Posted: Jul 17, 2015 at 3:16 Quote
Busted forks at Fort William downhill track..

was at the bottom of the elevator section when I heard a "THWACK".... next thing I know is that I am ass over tit into a ditch on the left hand side of the trail.....GAME OVER

suffered concussion and a few bumps and bruises, just glad I was still breathing as it was a high speed tumble....

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015823
Mobile Version of Website