Post your race Bmx!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Post your race Bmx!
Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 3:52 Quote
So, wire bead or folding? I'm thinking I like wire for the front 'cause it's safer in case of a blowout, but folding for the rear as it's generally lighter.

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 7:52 Quote
photo

21.75 S&M Speedwagon

Time has come to unload. I hate to see her go, but she doesn't get ridden much anymore since I started racing cruiser.

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 9:32 Quote
I fell flat on my back from almost ten feet, while dirt jumping, now my backs all out of whack and I cant ride...

Just thought while were at it I might share

And that S&M is sweet^^^

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 11:56 Quote
DarrellW wrote:
So, wire bead or folding? I'm thinking I like wire for the front 'cause it's safer in case of a blowout, but folding for the rear as it's generally lighter.
you shouldn't need to worry about blow outs. Just stay in te recomended psi range and go folding.

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 14:09 Quote
Shouldn't have any problems with folding

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 14:12 Quote
bmxrace121 wrote:
I fell flat on my back from almost ten feet, while dirt jumping, now my backs all out of whack and I cant ride...

And that S&M is sweet^^^

I was at a national on Vancouver Island, Cumberland to be exact, and over rotated forward after jumping....

head first, straight iinto the face of the next jump.

compressed 4 vertebrae in my back, con cussed myself, bit through my tongue and chipped 4 teeth.

That's my worst bmx accident.... lol

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 14:18 Quote
Was doing a manual on the topside of a bowl and went to go ride in at a rounded portion and ended up flopping onto my hip(broke my femur) at the bottom of the bowl from about 8 or so feet up. Did not feel right as I stood up as I couldn't really support myself without some sort of brace to hold onto, it was soo painful to get out of that bowl.

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 20:35 Quote
Bmxerch wrote:
bmxrace121 wrote:

And that S&M is sweet^^^

I was at a national on Vancouver Island, Cumberland to be exact, and over rotated forward after jumping....

head first, straight iinto the face of the next jump.

compressed 4 vertebrae in my back, con cussed myself, bit through my tongue and chipped 4 teeth.

That's my worst bmx accident.... lol

Ouch, OTB's never end well

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 21:18 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
Was doing a manual on the topside of a bowl and went to go ride in at a rounded portion and ended up flopping onto my hip(broke my femur) at the bottom of the bowl from about 8 or so feet up. Did not feel right as I stood up as I couldn't really support myself without some sort of brace to hold onto, it was soo painful to get out of that bowl.

Any injury in a bowl sucks!

I've gone OTB many times. The first was at a track where the idiot gate operator didn't warn anyone that he was putting the gate up, 3 of us flipped.

Then flipping gates on my own fault, then I discovered breaking chains is fun, then I snapped Avent, and nothing since thank god.

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 21:33 Quote
The first gate practice I ever went to, when I was like 8, some guy was trying to learn how to slingshot (this was before random start) and he flipped the gate, the gate came down on his front wheel, bending it in half, and he had like a broken collarbone or something. This was like my first time ever on the gate, so naturally it scared the shit out of 8 year old me, making me terrified of the gate for about a year.

And about 2 years ago, another track in WA had a kid fall on the gate, who grabbed the gate on its way down, crushing 3 of his fingers

TLDR, Gates are ruthless unsympathetic murderers

Thank god for safety gates...

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 21:47 Quote
bmxrace121 wrote:
The first gate practice I ever went to, when I was like 8, some guy was trying to learn how to slingshot (this was before random start) and he flipped the gate, the gate came down on his front wheel, bending it in half, and he had like a broken collarbone or something. This was like my first time ever on the gate, so naturally it scared the shit out of 8 year old me, making me terrified of the gate for about a year.

And about 2 years ago, another track in WA had a kid fall on the gate, who grabbed the gate on its way down, crushing 3 of his fingers

Ohhhh good olé slingshots. I learned them in late 2007 after watching a rack of pros doing it, and I caught on extremely quickly. It helped to have a good snap already but these gates were something else.

Not sure if you remember Phillip Kaiser ' s slingshots (always on point and extremely smooth and fast) but mine were in the same style as his. One fluid motion, smooth, quick second and third pedal, race winners.

Nick Goertzen had a monster slingshot aswell. I love that guys style on a bike.

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 22:10 Quote
If you want to see good Slingshots or gate-jumping just try get some vintage footage of Billy Griggs' starts from the mid/late 90's. The guy was a machine...

Posted: Jul 8, 2014 at 8:06 Quote
Bmxerch wrote:
bmxrace121 wrote:

Ohhhh good olé slingshots. I learned them in late 2007 after watching a rack of pros doing it, and I caught on extremely quickly. It helped to have a good snap already but these gates were something else.

Not sure if you remember Phillip Kaiser ' s slingshots (always on point and extremely smooth and fast) but mine were in the same style as his. One fluid motion, smooth, quick second and third pedal, race winners.

Nick Goertzen had a monster slingshot aswell. I love that guys style on a bike.

When I was younger the most single thing I looked up to, or what I always aspired to do were Phillip's slingshots. I think every little kid at our track did at the time. I never really got to actually learning them, because they switched to random start as soon as I had begun to attempt them.Frown

Posted: Aug 1, 2014 at 15:35 Quote
So this happened over the week

photo

Posted: Aug 1, 2014 at 15:50 Quote
looks sweet. loving the holy roller. look so bad ass in the 20" size Razz

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015794
Mobile Version of Website