Post Your Specialized SX

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post Your Specialized SX
Posted: Feb 12, 2015 at 20:39 Quote
Riser2012 wrote:
Yeah I'm loving this frame with the vivid air

Hey so on yours did you use the original link and just modify it to fit the Vivid?

photo

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2015 at 11:14 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
did mine today its awesome had to take about 3/8" off end and relieve the inside tract to allow shock body fill port to fit in.

New Air Conversion
  New Air Conversion

new yoke
  new yoke

milled down new yoke from 2012 SX

What dimensions is the shock?

Posted: Feb 13, 2015 at 11:21 Quote
mbc4386 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
did mine today its awesome had to take about 3/8" off end and relieve the inside tract to allow shock body fill port to fit in.

New Air Conversion
  New Air Conversion

new yoke
  new yoke

What dimensions is the shock?

7.875 x 2.25

Posted: Feb 13, 2015 at 13:59 Quote
Thanks sterlingmagnum, that's useful.
Looks like i'll be getting the hacksaw out then.

Posted: Feb 13, 2015 at 14:03 Quote
tremeer023 wrote:
Thanks sterlingmagnum, that's useful.
Looks like i'll be getting the hacksaw out then.

he he ~ I haven't hit anything really big yet. So I may have an update about taking a little more off the top...But so far so good!

Posted: Feb 15, 2015 at 0:35 Quote
Just want to get peoples thoughts on this idea. I have a 09' SX Trail 1 with a Ti Spring. What I am planning on doing is running a full on street/dirt tire like Kenda Small block 8's, Maxxis Holly Rollers, etc when i ride around city with friends. I will be swapping them with a DH tire like a Minion or something when i go mountain/trail riding of sorts.

They will be on a front Single Track/Formula Hub & rear EX729/Hope Pro 2. My question now is it worth doing that or should i just get a fast rolling/light do it all tire like a high roller and call it a day?

Posted: Feb 15, 2015 at 8:30 Quote
I'd recommend a new front wheel so your neck doesn't end up broken

Posted: Feb 16, 2015 at 8:22 Quote
BDN93 wrote:
I am going to be disassembling my 09' 1 SX trail frame to be painted. Suggestions on where to start first?

Never painted a frame before but it might be an idea to leave most the bearings in, that way no paint can get into where the bearing sits.

Don't know if you have ever removed bearings before but if you haven't the SX has 4 bearings (2 on each side) on the chainstay/seatstay pivot, with a retainer lip on the frame in between each pair of bearings. These can be a bit of a bugger to remove because you can't just push them through. I suggest getting a blind bearing removal tool to make life a bit easier.

Also if you don't have one a torque wrench/adapter is canny useful when you are putting it all back together. I got this on amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Torque-Measuring-Adaptor/dp/B004VYURT0/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1424103544&sr=8-17&keywords=torque+adaptor

Posted: Feb 16, 2015 at 8:24 Quote
Has anyone fitted offset bushings to a 2009 SX Trail? and if you did, did you like them?

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 8:50 Quote
how well does the sx trail dirt jump? not really steep bmx style jumps just how is the 'pop' and how easy is it to get decent height?

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 9:44 Quote
BuffaloSolja wrote:
how well does the sx trail dirt jump? not really steep bmx style jumps just how is the 'pop' and how easy is it to get decent height?

It is stable in the air and on take-off but 'poppy' it isn't. More floaty.

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 10:23 Quote
So better for drop offs and gaps than tabletops and doubles?

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 10:28 Quote
Depends on your suspension setup and how you ride it. Personally I felt the SX Trail I had was a perfect urban FR bike, replaced my P.1 and still was able to bunnyhop up 4-stairs with it

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 10:32 Quote
wow ok. I thought because of the weight and 7 inches travel i thought they might be a bit hard to get up into the air and muscle around. Do you set it up with fast rebound and high compression to boost off lips better?

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 0:53 Quote
BuffaloSolja wrote:
wow ok. I thought because of the weight and 7 inches travel i thought they might be a bit hard to get up into the air and muscle around. Do you set it up with fast rebound and high compression to boost off lips better?

I have since sold the bike, but yes, it was set up pretty stiff. It's still more to muscle around than a DJ bike for sure, but I was surprised at how flickable it was.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024226
Mobile Version of Website