Powered by Outside

40 and over mountain bikers.

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
40 and over mountain bikers.
Posted: Apr 4, 2017 at 1:57 Quote
Have fun at your races!

Posted: Apr 4, 2017 at 2:03 Quote
Jev wrote:
I'm 42, have one hip which is part titanium and another which needs to be. I've been riding for years but mostly XC until 2 years ago. I'm racing in my first downhill this month and an Enduro next, to see how things go. My aim is to finish without medical assistance Wink

My kids think I'm bonkers but are very supportive and so is my other half. He runs Foxhead here in the UK and so I get to travel about a bit and ride some amazing venues when they're holding events and my skills have improved since riding in North Wales!

Keeping it fun and flying the flag for us older women in the sport and I'm a brand ambassador for two MTB/extreme sports companies which keeps me busy. ????????

Aaaanyway. That's me. Hello Smile

Cool! have fun! tup

Posted: Jun 2, 2017 at 5:55 Quote
I am 48 and was wondering what opinion you guys have on YouTube channels that feature mountain biking.Is it good or bad for the sport?

Posted: Jun 2, 2017 at 6:28 Quote
46 today.
Wish I had free stuff like that to watch when I was a kid. If you have a negative spin on it elaborated as to why? I can see positives. You can learn from watching other, I have. Got a little edit to put up of my 7 yr old daughter doing her first green run in les Gets, we watched and agreed she needs to stand rather than sit on the descents. Much kudos

Posted: Jun 3, 2017 at 4:49 Quote
Jev wrote:
I'm 42, have one hip which is part titanium and another which needs to be. I've been riding for years but mostly XC until 2 years ago. I'm racing in my first downhill this month and an Enduro next, to see how things go. My aim is to finish without medical assistance Wink

My kids think I'm bonkers but are very supportive and so is my other half. He runs Foxhead here in the UK and so I get to travel about a bit and ride some amazing venues when they're holding events and my skills have improved since riding in North Wales!

Keeping it fun and flying the flag for us older women in the sport and I'm a brand ambassador for two MTB/extreme sports companies which keeps me busy. ????????

Aaaanyway. That's me. Hello Smile

Living the dream!! sounds great, enjoy!!

Posted: Jun 3, 2017 at 5:03 Quote
Some of the Patreon stuff bugs me,but YouTubes new add policy has made me rethink this a little.Personally I would never ask for money so I could ride my bike and film it.How much money do some of these guys really have? Viewers should realize most of these guys are getting paid either by getting free gear,links to products and most likely free or discounted bike trips.Until I see what the big picture is I am going to be suspicious.On the positive side you get to see trails we have all read about,learn some skills and plan trips using their trail guides.Lemmy from Motorhead once said " run it up the flag pole and see who salutes it" and it seems to work for them so maybe it's just me.If I should post this in another forum let me know because I am new here thanks.

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 1:51 Quote
Hi guys,

I'm 57. Moved back to Van in '03 and didn't touch a bike until '15. I feel kind of foolish about that now. Got my first MTB last year. An XC one. Should have got an aggressive trail or AM one but oh well.

Nice to see other semi-old geezers on here.

Cheers,

John

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 3:58 Quote
53 and off to Morzine on the 28th can't wait

Posted: Jul 2, 2017 at 14:28 Quote
hello guys. I have been having a little problem that I am hoping somebody may of already solved. Being of a certain age I have become very folliclely challenged!!! (bald) I sweat a fair bit but with my full face helmet it wasn't a problem, but now I am doing more Enduro riding I am finding sweat is literally dripping onto my eyes/glasses/face as the sweat band on my Kali enduro lid becomes saturated very quickly. I don't wear googles, just sunglasses. Has anyone else had this issue? how have you solved this? do I need a cool sweat band? a colourful bandana?

Posted: Jul 2, 2017 at 18:03 Quote
I am a 44-year-old Father three. Teenage Boys That Are 16 And 14 And a12-year-old Girl.
All of us Thoroughly Enjoy biking. My Son Recently for graduation received a fathom 2 from Giant.
The Boys Previously add a Couple of Giant Revels my Daughter has a Basic Norco Mountain Bike. My Wife And I Have Giant Cruisers Sedona.
I’m in Relatively Good Condition For my Age or so I Think! I’d love to know if anyone has some suggestions or thoughts on what type of a bike I should get it that would allow me to bike affectively on some real trail riding with my two sons. I’m not 20 so I need something that is a little more forgiving for my body. Would you suggest a Hardtail or full suspension? Any particular bikes anyone thinks might suit my needs? I’ve even considered an E bike with some sort of pedal assist in case I can’t keep up. I Welcome Your Thoughts, Suggestions And Input. I Don’t Have a Specific Price in Mind I Just Want Something That is Quality And Will Allow me to Enjoy a Good Ride!

Posted: Jul 2, 2017 at 22:10 Quote
thedad71....sorry, not sure...but I vaguely recall an article in the past yr that had talked about that very issue...so you aren't the only one to be sure

tiggod.....Giant Trance is a proven best bang for the buck...price&performance.....maybe a Stance, but I'm not sure.

If going Hardtail....grab a Trek Stache, no hesitation

Posted: Jul 3, 2017 at 0:07 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
hello guys. I have been having a little problem that I am hoping somebody may of already solved. Being of a certain age I have become very folliclely challenged!!! (bald) I sweat a fair bit but with my full face helmet it wasn't a problem, but now I am doing more Enduro riding I am finding sweat is literally dripping onto my eyes/glasses/face as the sweat band on my Kali enduro lid becomes saturated very quickly. I don't wear googles, just sunglasses. Has anyone else had this issue? how have you solved this? do I need a cool sweat band? a colourful bandana?
I wear a synthetic quick dry tube folded into a head band. It's hotter but at least I can see. They are great in winter too around the neck.

Posted: Jul 3, 2017 at 8:47 Quote
Try a Halo headband if it will fit with your helmet.

Posted: Jul 3, 2017 at 9:13 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
summer skullcap works for me.
http://www.jensonusa.com/Search?q=skull%20cap#brm-search?request_type=search&search_type=keyword&q=skull%20cap&l=skull%20cap

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2017 at 13:16 Quote
I'm 58 years old and took up mountain biking two years ago. My health has improved tremendously and I dropped 20 pounds. Still looking to drop another 20 though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008875
Mobile Version of Website