Switzerland

PB Forum :: Europe
Switzerland
Posted: Apr 3, 2022 at 12:15 Quote
Swiss Epic
If anybody know of a Swiss Epic entry for sale, please let me know.

Posted: May 30, 2022 at 2:14 Quote
Hi all,
I recently relocated to Kanton Zug, Since at present time I do not have a car/van, I wanted to ask for advice regarding good gravity riding locations accessible by Swiss public transport (GA annual card). So far I know of the Zugerberg track.
Thanks

Posted: Jun 5, 2022 at 21:16 Quote
Hello all,
I will be taking a trip to Switzerland in a few months and will be staying in the town of Nendaz. I am looking to ride Verbier Bike Park while I’m there and was wondering if there was a way to get their via bike and gondola. On the Nendaz website it says I can take the Tour de Mont Fort route which will pass through Verbier, so is it possible to just stop there and ride park the rest of the day? I am also wondering whether it is possible to take the Tracouet Gondola from Nendaz to the 4 Vallees and just bike to the bike park from there?

Thanks, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Posted: Jun 5, 2022 at 23:34 Quote
trdmtb wrote:
Hello all,
I will be taking a trip to Switzerland in a few months and will be staying in the town of Nendaz. I am looking to ride Verbier Bike Park while I’m there and was wondering if there was a way to get their via bike and gondola. On the Nendaz website it says I can take the Tour de Mont Fort route which will pass through Verbier, so is it possible to just stop there and ride park the rest of the day? I am also wondering whether it is possible to take the Tracouet Gondola from Nendaz to the 4 Vallees and just bike to the bike park from there?

I would indeed take the lift to Tracouet. From there it’s like 20k distance, 1200m down, 550m up to Verbier. So should be doable without being too exhausted when you arrive. Biking all the way is more like 32k and 1400m up. I’d say it’s the difference between a 2 hour ride and a 4 hour ride.

There is an app/website called komoot that you can use to plan the trip (I used it to come to these figures). You see the route, the height profile, etc. I think you even get one offline region for free, so you can use it for navigating on the bike. The narrow white roads on the mountains are normally forrest roads or gravel roads used by farmers or people who work on the ski lifts. Those are typically quite ok for getting from a to b. Hiking trails that are used for biking are indicated as a black line with S0 to S5 rating (easy to very hard). The bike park trails are typically green lines.

Posted: Jun 6, 2022 at 12:26 Quote
cvoc wrote:
trdmtb wrote:
Hello all,

I would indeed take the lift to Tracouet. From there it’s like 20k distance, 1200m down, 550m up to Verbier. So should be doable without being too exhausted when you arrive. Biking all the way is more like 32k and 1400m up. I’d say it’s the difference between a 2 hour ride and a 4 hour ride.

There is an app/website called komoot that you can use to plan the trip (I used it to come to these figures). You see the route, the height profile, etc. I think you even get one offline region for free, so you can use it for navigating on the bike. The narrow white roads on the mountains are normally forrest roads or gravel roads used by farmers or people who work on the ski lifts. Those are typically quite ok for getting from a to b. Hiking trails that are used for biking are indicated as a black line with S0 to S5 rating (easy to very hard). The bike park trails are typically green lines.

Ok thank you very much, I will do just that.

Posted: Jun 20, 2022 at 16:42 Quote
Any reccomendations on tires? I'm traveling to Lenzerheide in July from LA, where we have never seen mud. Currently running dhf/dhr. thanks!

Posted: Jun 20, 2022 at 16:50 Quote
dustyquail wrote:
Any reccomendations on tires? I'm traveling to Lenzerheide in July from LA, where we have never seen mud. Currently running dhf/dhr. thanks!

Bring something that can handle all sorts of conditions from 4000m with alpine on down to valley floor. Bring something that has tough sidewalls as that rock is not gentle.

You didn't ask but bring spare parts eg brake pads and clothing that can be washed easy for the inevitable chue scheisse encounters.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 23:17 Quote
dustyquail wrote:

Assegais do the allrounder trick there.
If you're heavy, go DD in the back.
Otherwise EXO+ usually does the trick for the alpine trails there. 95% of the trails in Lenzerheide are super manicured, so don't have to worry about rocks slashing ur tires.

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 17:31 Quote
Hey all,
A friend and I are planning on riding either the Hope 1000 route or the Swiss Alpine Route 1 in Summer 2023. One issue I cannot figure out though, is how to get my Evoc Bike bag from Zurich to Geneva (or some other towns if we do the Alp 1). It needs to be somewhere for two weeks. SBB won't let me send the bag as we are not using SBB to travel (gotta have a ticket to use their luggage services). And I can't figure out using Swisspost to send and hold my package. What other options do I have? Thanks. Also, while I'm asking, after the bike tour, I wouldn't mind doing a day or two of high alps enduro-type riding somewhere near Geneva, I'll need to find bike rental (my bikepacking bike is only 120mm/120mm). Chamonix? Somewhere else??

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 8:50 Quote
XU12XU wrote:
Hey all,
A friend and I are planning on riding either the Hope 1000 route or the Swiss Alpine Route 1 in Summer 2023. One issue I cannot figure out though, is how to get my Evoc Bike bag from Zurich to Geneva (or some other towns if we do the Alp 1). It needs to be somewhere for two weeks. SBB won't let me send the bag as we are not using SBB to travel (gotta have a ticket to use their luggage services). And I can't figure out using Swisspost to send and hold my package. What other options do I have? Thanks. Also, while I'm asking, after the bike tour, I wouldn't mind doing a day or two of high alps enduro-type riding somewhere near Geneva, I'll need to find bike rental (my bikepacking bike is only 120mm/120mm). Chamonix? Somewhere else??

So you cycle from Zurich to Geneva? Do you have to go back to Zurich again at the end of the trip or do you fly from Geneva?

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 14:07 Quote
thanks all! so I will have 2 days to burn in Lenzerhide before my tour, any reccomendations on nearby activities/ attractions / food? I wont have a car. Non bike related activities are welcome too as I'll be riding for 7 days straight after these 2 days of rest. thanks in advance!

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 22:43 Quote
@cvoc, we would fly from Geneva at the end, no return to Zurich.

O+
Posted: Sep 30, 2022 at 0:54 Quote
late to this board but pretty much EVERYwhere in CH is accessible and that includes biking using publc transport, but i'm guessing as it's end of Summer now you may already have worked that out
Lenzerheide
Davos
Flims/Laax
Engadin / St Moritz
Visp in Wallis
all train/bus accessible
One of the best things about Switzerland Smile
tooFATtoRIDE wrote:
Hi all,
I recently relocated to Kanton Zug, Since at present time I do not have a car/van, I wanted to ask for advice regarding good gravity riding locations accessible by Swiss public transport (GA annual card). So far I know of the Zugerberg track.
Thanks

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2022 at 22:18 Quote
Switching gears, any dependable/extra friendly bike shops in Geneva to buy or get a cardboard bike box from?

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2022 at 3:55 Quote
Can't help with Geneva but hear near Zürich I asked a local bike shop and he was more than happy to give me 3 boxes for free. I gave him a bottle of wine as a thanks (brews his own beer so can't go down the 6 pack route) just try your luck with one near where you'll be - they're usually nice enough
XU12XU wrote:
Switching gears, any dependable/extra friendly bike shops in Geneva to buy or get a cardboard bike box from?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014244
Mobile Version of Website