Avid code brakes failure !

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Avid code brakes failure !
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 19:44 Quote
bigbigbike wrote:
Rigaud wrote:
Schism wrote:
-

wow f*ck off. nevegals at medium psi, stock tubes and rims on a remix one, got 5+ pinch flats in the back

Nice choice of words little boy, learn to write some better ones instead of telling off people it shows a lack maturity.

Kenda with DH casings? DH tubes? and landing on rocks will do it.

Edit: Ah ok a Remix as in an XC bike. Guess it depends what your doing with the bike.

Then which kenda would you ride DH on? I have never once seen a Professional DH Racer use a Kenda tire because they are too flimsy. Kenda tires in recent years have been down graded from which were once their down hill tires to now XC tires which include both Nevegal and blue groove. Age has nothing to do with experience use of product does.

Please to solidify your argument list some of kendas "good" dh worthy tires and your experiences with them other wise you're no better than that "kid" using foul language to get his points across.

thank you. sorry for the language, it just annoys me when people use their age rather than actual arguments.

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 19:55 Quote
photo
photo
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z233/relentless_jett/I_like_where_this_thread_is_going.jpg

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 20:05 Quote
Schism wrote:
bigbigbike wrote:
Rigaud wrote:

Nice choice of words little boy, learn to write some better ones instead of telling off people it shows a lack maturity.

Kenda with DH casings? DH tubes? and landing on rocks will do it.

Edit: Ah ok a Remix as in an XC bike. Guess it depends what your doing with the bike.

Then which kenda would you ride DH on? I have never once seen a Professional DH Racer use a Kenda tire because they are too flimsy. Kenda tires in recent years have been down graded from which were once their down hill tires to now XC tires which include both Nevegal and blue groove. Age has nothing to do with experience use of product does.

Please to solidify your argument list some of kendas "good" dh worthy tires and your experiences with them other wise you're no better than that "kid" using foul language to get his points across.

thank you. sorry for the language, it just annoys me when people use their age rather than actual arguments.

I'm not defending you buy any means so please don't get the wrong impression but its the I am wiser than thou thing that cooks me up.

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 20:45 Quote
bigbigbike wrote:

Mike Hannah, Eric Carter, Brian Lopes, and Hans Rey to list a few...Whys everyone leaving out the Telonix? and Excavator? The Nevegal has its place in DH, just like any other tire. Its a decent all-around tire.

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 20:53 Quote
Pitcrew wrote:
bigbigbike wrote:

Mike Hannah, Eric Carter, Brian Lopes, and Hans Rey to list a few...Whys everyone leaving out the Telonix? and Excavator? The Nevegal has its place in DH, just like any other tire. Its a decent all-around tire.

This I can accept and I totally forgot about the excavator. I wanted to try them out but was turned off of Kenda from riding other tires that they have, Kinetic, Nevegal, Blue groove ect. They feel like they all felt flimsy to me.

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 20:54 Quote
My brother gave me a Kinetic and it definately felt solider than a Nevegal. Kenda isnt that bad but its not the greatest either.

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 20:58 Quote
Truthfully, i havent had the greatest luck with my Excavators in the front. But my friend/boss swears by them front and rear. How exactly did the Nevegal and Blue Groove feel flimsy? Im not gonna defend the BG, i thought it was a great road/dj/xc tire, but for DH at the various mtns in NY, i havent had that great of luck in the wet root sections....and ive never used a Kinetic.....

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 21:00 Quote
Pitcrew wrote:
Truthfully, i havent had the greatest luck with my Excavators in the front. But my friend/boss swears by them front and rear. How exactly did the Nevegal and Blue Groove feel flimsy? Im not gonna defend the BG, i thought it was a great road/dj/xc tire, but for DH at the various mtns in NY, i havent had that great of luck in the wet root sections....and ive never used a Kinetic.....

Well the Blue groove is awesome for riding shore stunts wet wood and so on but for grip on trail direction roots, wet dirt and loam it's just terrible. Add to that I have stress and torsion marks on the tire from it sliding and flexing on a ride and I can ping my wheel with 30 psi in in them. For actual DH Riding in the terrain that we have they just don't hold up. For the intended Dj XC that they are now used for they are fine I'm just heavy.

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 at 4:42 Quote
I'm not wiser because of age and I learn every day from different people of all ages, also I didn't ever write that Kenda tires are great or the best did I? For DH theirs way better out there that's for sure but as for pinching to flat, that will happen with any tire make/model. Funny how people get side tracked and neglect to read properly before commenting.

Just like the brakes where supposed to be chatting about here, their not the very best the Avid Codes but not bad at all for the price. Yes theirs some faillures but the more popular they are the better the chance you'll see more bad batches. That's what happened to Hayes 5-6 years ago with the Nine's not to mention a few others. The Hayes Nine's where on just about every bike out there, XC or DH.

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 at 4:49 Quote
Pitcrew wrote:

Kinetic are crap tires in my opinion, the blue groove/nevegal are not the best but pretty good in dry conditions and wet rocks I had no problems but roots and thick mud especially forget it. Another thing about the BG/Nev combo, they really don't perform well at all if inflated over 30lbs for riders in the 170lbs range. For Dh of course I'm chatting here and a DH casing a must with good DH tubes I drop the pressure to 28lbs.

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 at 4:57 Quote
I'll let this do my talking:

Please note that the solid red line is the Avid Code...

photo

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 at 7:08 Quote
this test is bull
tektro auriga a lot better than the code? c'mon, sems at least funny

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 at 7:22 Quote
Check for yourself, it all seems very accurate, although the WET results got corrupted Frown

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/how-we-test-hydraulic-disc-brakes-24345

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 at 10:17 Quote
adrenalinaddict wrote:
Check for yourself, it all seems very accurate, although the WET results got corrupted Frown

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/how-we-test-hydraulic-disc-brakes-24345

Thanks for the info mate Smile

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 at 11:05 Quote
lots of it is still unlogical to meConfused
not that im defending avid, yes im a proud owner, didnt have any issues, but yeah, its an old brake, kinda heavy and thats it. but shitty as on the test? dont think so
they might be all you want (unreliable, heavy, old, ugly, non-trendy), but they are still quite powerfull, not as the saint or the stroker ace, but those are completly new brakes, codes didnt had a major improvement in years, except showing down 40 grams.
when the new codes come out, well have a fair compair.

and the test stil looks awkward to me, but, maybe im just too subjectiv so cheersBeer

the thread is all about issues with codes, so lets stick to the topicWink

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019828
Mobile Version of Website