Powered by Outside

Best 7 inch mini DH bike?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Best 7 inch mini DH bike?
Posted: Aug 28, 2011 at 17:11 Quote
SmokyPenguin wrote:
My 2 cents

Was riding P2 for 2 seasons as a street/dj. Felt that i am more interested in trail and freeride fun. So, thought of full sus bike. Was a hard choice. Top3 was the TR250, Scott Voltage Fr and Banshee Wildcard. Mostly due to i was looking for a bike with a travel adjust. If TR wasnt THAT much of price, i'd buy, but voltage was more than 2 times cheaper, with even more adjustability. So i went for Scott. No regrets since then. This is my first fulsus, so i cant be really objective, but that bike more than just suits me. It is really reaaly jumpy. It seems to me, that i am having more airtime than rolling Big Grin

Here is how it looks like.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://cs11279.vkontakte.ru/u5644381/-3/z_6ea38ee0.jpg
PS: Tried 145mm fr/ 150mm rear setup today. Thats so sick! Had tons of fun on a pumptrack today.
That is one sick looking bike! I've never seen a Voltage FR that looks that good before. Props tup

Posted: Aug 29, 2011 at 20:54 Quote
ya I might get the voltage, but idk why scott isn't more popular

Posted: Aug 29, 2011 at 23:35 Quote
Rippinp1 wrote:
Have you seen Scott's other bikes? Sure I havn't ridden them or anything to be honest, but seriously? haha. Yeah, it's judging a book by it's covor, but look at them! haha.

Back to it, the TR250 would be sick with the 160mm to 180mm adjustable travel, head tube angle and all that good stuff. Ready to ride literally any trail a 7 inch mini dh bike is for. 180mm for downhill, handles it just like the TR450, 160mm for some freeride light park riding, it's sick. I plan to get one once I get my Scratch shit organized.

Posted: Aug 30, 2011 at 19:58 Quote
Freerideguy14 wrote:
Rippinp1 wrote:
Have you seen Scott's other bikes? Sure I havn't ridden them or anything to be honest, but seriously? haha. Yeah, it's judging a book by it's covor, but look at them! haha.

Back to it, the TR250 would be sick with the 160mm to 180mm adjustable travel, head tube angle and all that good stuff. Ready to ride literally any trail a 7 inch mini dh bike is for. 180mm for downhill, handles it just like the TR450, 160mm for some freeride light park riding, it's sick. I plan to get one once I get my Scratch shit organized.
ya scotts high end stuff looks good but the low end is horrific lol the tr250 is so hard to resist

Posted: Aug 31, 2011 at 10:23 Quote
Not just their low end stuff, i'm not a big fan of their gamblers. Mainly just the looks though, I have never ridden one, but the looks have always held me away. I am interested to how they are. I'de rather see just a scott voltage in a 200mm rear travel than the gambler.

Posted: Aug 31, 2011 at 16:24 Quote
Freerideguy14 wrote:
Not just their low end stuff, i'm not a big fan of their gamblers. Mainly just the looks though, I have never ridden one, but the looks have always held me away. I am interested to how they are. I'de rather see just a scott voltage in a 200mm rear travel than the gambler.
Ya everyone who has one loves theirs but I'm kinda leaning towards the tr250 mostly

Posted: Aug 31, 2011 at 17:37 Quote
Honestly the gambler is an amazing bike as was the octane before it. Scott always makes amazing dh bikes to even emply that they don't would be ridiculous.

Posted: Aug 31, 2011 at 19:10 Quote
im getting a new bike just not sure which one. 2011 sx trail 1 - giant faith -norco truax. anyone have one or has an opinion on any of the bikes?

Posted: Aug 31, 2011 at 19:40 Quote
flatlandgod wrote:
im getting a new bike just not sure which one. 2011 sx trail 1 - giant faith -norco truax. anyone have one or has an opinion on any of the bikes?
DO NOT BUY THE TRUAX

Posted: Aug 31, 2011 at 19:56 Quote
ok dont buy it why?

Posted: Aug 31, 2011 at 20:03 Quote
I'd highly recommend the giant faith, it's a pretty light frame, it pedals amazingly, and its super responsive.

Posted: Aug 31, 2011 at 20:11 Quote
flatlandgod wrote:
ok dont buy it why?
um norco is recalling that bike and others for frame problems and ya I also recommend the faith but I recommend buying the frame and building it. The sx is still a great bike. I rode one and it was a little more dh like than a faith. It is like 50% fr and 50% dh

Posted: Aug 31, 2011 at 20:24 Quote
Just food for thought. I went from a Giant Glory to a Reign SX and LOVE it. I put a Fox 40 on it and lowered it and can't say enough. Feel free to check out my profile and lemme know if you have any questions. For the record the Spesh SX is awesome but heavier and not pedal friendly if that matters.

Posted: Aug 31, 2011 at 20:43 Quote
A Reign SX with lowered 40's...? Interesting.
The Norco Truax looks sick, it's a shame they're recalling it. I definetely would have considered it for next year's ride.

Posted: Aug 31, 2011 at 21:50 Quote
louiscritchie wrote:
A Reign SX with lowered 40's...? Interesting.
The Norco Truax looks sick, it's a shame they're recalling it. I definetely would have considered it for next year's ride.
my experience with norco is with a bike mechanic in a shop that sold the truax and an sx trail and he said after working on the truax that the sx was a waaay better bike in the way it was built because norco is fsr just like spec

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020030
Mobile Version of Website