24" Street Thread Ver 2

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
24" Street Thread Ver 2
Posted: Dec 7, 2011 at 15:18 Quote
MtBxKinG wrote:
And while i'm at it, how difficult is it to lower a 318? Need a change of oil?
Follow the rockshox service guide and it should be rather simple as long as you have a good workings of mechanical knowledge . I would say also while your balls deep in the lowering it would be an excellent opportunity to rebuild seals and replace oil , the rebuild kit is rather cheap in price

MtBxKinG wrote:
ABendyLlama wrote:
dkfreak wrote:

You gotta dedicate your life too it, eat sleep and breathe hop 360's. workout 12 hours a day and make your bike lighter, theres some unnessicary things that you can remove and save weight, like grips, seat and post, headset, take 20 or so spokes out, and cut out everywhere possible on your frame. do all this and youll get them! well, thats what i did anyway
lol hope your not serious about that

Of course he is. I had to devise a specific workout program for the left side of my upper body and abdominals to get the twisting power.
i already do enough working out thanks lol , i would rather struggle and take longer to learn a trick than do all that weight weenie stuff, im a man, ill just take the struggle

MtBxKinG wrote:
ABendyLlama wrote:
dkfreak wrote:

You gotta dedicate your life too it, eat sleep and breathe hop 360's. workout 12 hours a day and make your bike lighter, theres some unnessicary things that you can remove and save weight, like grips, seat and post, headset, take 20 or so spokes out, and cut out everywhere possible on your frame. do all this and youll get them! well, thats what i did anyway

Of course he is. I had to devise a specific workout program for the left side of my upper body and abdominals to get the twisting power.
I wasted thousands of dollars on workout programs, p90x didnt even work.

Posted: Dec 7, 2011 at 15:21 Quote
ABendyLlama wrote:
Jimmy-Recard wrote:
ABendyLlama wrote:

nice one man, still havnt landed one on my 24 yet Frown

Thought you were Ghettokid for a second. lol Changed your headshot.

And, this is a super nice looking bike. The BB looks a little low, but it's probably just the angle/
Eek ,ima probably get hate for this, but he has never said anythin to me personally to annoy me but i know in the other thread he got hate Blank Stare
and to dk freak, i get around 300 out 360 on flat, and i have been stuck there for almost a year, but i dont get much chance to practice these days.
I try to invision myself going the full 3 and get a bit of speed and carve hard unless I am going off something then it's bestto carve little and more twist., This vid helped me a lot because most will tell you different on how to do them yet I tend to do both wheels at the same time . But yet to be able to 3 over anything higher than an ant lol

Posted: Dec 7, 2011 at 15:22 Quote
dkfreak wrote:
MtBxKinG wrote:
ABendyLlama wrote:

Welding my bars to my steerer tube was the weight loss that finally made it possible

Posted: Dec 7, 2011 at 15:23 Quote
Brad Simms Taught me how to 540.

Posted: Dec 7, 2011 at 15:26 Quote
MtBxKinG wrote:
dkfreak wrote:
MtBxKinG wrote:

Welding my bars to my steerer tube was the weight loss that finally made it possible
mine was welding the axle to the dropouts, i saved 14g without the axle nuts and washers! Changed my bike completely, so much more flickable now.

Posted: Dec 7, 2011 at 15:27 Quote
Caezar wrote:
ABendyLlama wrote:
Jimmy-Recard wrote:

Thought you were Ghettokid for a second. lol Changed your headshot.

And, this is a super nice looking bike. The BB looks a little low, but it's probably just the angle/
Eek ,ima probably get hate for this, but he has never said anythin to me personally to annoy me but i know in the other thread he got hate Blank Stare
and to dk freak, i get around 300 out 360 on flat, and i have been stuck there for almost a year, but i dont get much chance to practice these days.
I try to invision myself going the full 3 and get a bit of speed and carve hard unless I am going off something then it's bestto carve little and more twist., This vid helped me a lot because most will tell you different on how to do them yet I tend to do both wheels at the same time . But yet to be able to 3 over anything higher than an ant lol
cheers mam Smile

Posted: Dec 7, 2011 at 15:28 Quote
MtBxKinG wrote:
And while i'm at it, how difficult is it to lower a 318? Need a change of oil?

make SURE there are 2-3 of you, getting the top cap on without threading cos of the spring pushing it back up is the hardest thing ive ever had to do.

fly bikes by the way chaps

Posted: Dec 7, 2011 at 15:29 Quote
My Kona Scab built up with 24's
Kona Scab built up with 24 s. Have since changed over to single speed. I call it my Flying Monkey .
Have since converted it to a single speed. My favorite bike for
riding arround Boston.

Posted: Dec 7, 2011 at 15:37 Quote
wat forks are best for street/jump if u can help many thanks Smile

Posted: Dec 7, 2011 at 15:38 Quote
Crazybear wrote:
My Kona Scab built up with 24's
Kona Scab built up with 24 s. Have since changed over to single speed. I call it my Flying Monkey .
Have since converted it to a single speed. My favorite bike for
riding arround Boston.
Not exactly cheap but I can understand why you would ride a bike in boston !
Parking is so expensive !

Posted: Dec 7, 2011 at 15:39 Quote
when you guys do hop 3's, do you carve into it? how much, when I carve I tend to get thrown off axis and travel really far sideways, when I 180, I essentially do a late 180, I hop, then start to spin, which is probably why I suck at 3's Frown

Posted: Dec 7, 2011 at 15:40 Quote
bruffy999 wrote:
wat forks are best for street/jump if u can help many thanks Smile
Manitou circus expert, from what ive heard there almost flawless

Posted: Dec 7, 2011 at 15:41 Quote
harry-h wrote:
when you guys do hop 3's, do you carve into it? how much, when I carve I tend to get thrown off axis and travel really far sideways, when I 180, I essentially do a late 180, I hop, then start to spin, which is probably why I suck at 3's Frown
carve hard and as soon as you carve just hop like a mad man, pull the bike up and waalaa. well thats how i did it anyway

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009576
Mobile Version of Website