Powered by Outside

Danny Hart is Overrated

PB Forum :: Downhill
Danny Hart is Overrated
Posted: Dec 14, 2011 at 11:37 Quote
marquis wrote:
freerideglory wrote:
marquis wrote:

If your not biased just close the argument then.

No Doubt Gwin is quick, but I believe Danny is quicker, hence he has been voted best mountain biker of all time.

He won by a mile yes but best rider of all time pffft not a chance.
If not, why was he voted so?

Posted: Dec 14, 2011 at 13:34 Quote
marquis wrote:
doorknob100 wrote:
freerideglory wrote:

Yanks can go fight their own wars from now :-)
Great, now you're about to turn it into a racial argument. And yeah I'm American but my favorite rider is Minaar so it's not a bias. Gwin had one of the best, if not THE best, season of all time. Danny Hart had one great run and people are saying he's the second coming of Biking Jesus. I just simply don't think he's as good as everyone makes him out to be. Or not yet..

No the argument was that I believe Danny Hart is overrated, not who is the best rider...

Posted: Dec 14, 2011 at 13:42 Quote
doorknob100 wrote:
marquis wrote:
doorknob100 wrote:

Great, now you're about to turn it into a racial argument. And yeah I'm American but my favorite rider is Minaar so it's not a bias. Gwin had one of the best, if not THE best, season of all time. Danny Hart had one great run and people are saying he's the second coming of Biking Jesus. I just simply don't think he's as good as everyone makes him out to be. Or not yet..

No the argument was that I believe Danny Hart is overrated, not who is the best rider...

How can he be overrated and be the best rider, if he was overrated, then he would be bigging himself up to be something he's not. Not something he is, otherwise he would be accurately rated.

Posted: Dec 14, 2011 at 13:43 Quote
doorknob100 wrote:
marquis wrote:
doorknob100 wrote:

He's the DH World Champion. He's overrated? The last time I checked people who tend to be the worlds best at their chosen sport don't tend to fall into the 'overrated' category. He smoked the field by 11 seconds, in absolutely minging conditions, it was a technically brilliant ride. Perfect with the exception of one foot dab. The boy Hart showed the entire world a glimpse of the pure brilliance and ability he has. Overrated? I think not.

Posted: Dec 14, 2011 at 13:47 Quote
DH-Moose wrote:
doorknob100 wrote:
marquis wrote:

He's the DH World Champion. He's overrated? The last time I checked people who tend to be the worlds best at their chosen sport don't tend to fall into the 'overrated' category. He smoked the field by 11 seconds, in absolutely minging conditions, it was a technically brilliant ride. Perfect with the exception of one foot dab. The boy Hart showed the entire world a glimpse of the pure brilliance and ability he has. Overrated? I think not.

DH-Moose... If i could give props, I would!

Posted: Dec 14, 2011 at 13:55 Quote
Danny is not overrated, tbh he didnt get any praise during the seaon and he had some good runs in there.

Gwin came out the blocks fast, perfect training diet etc... now people are catching him up we will see next season how good he really is.

Danny put in an amazing run at worlds and made gwin choke, thats all you need to do. The run showed gwin knew he had to ride outside his comfort zone and push 110% which he failed to do for the whole run.

All it means is next season along with the old boys, troy, danny and gwin will have a great fight this season. Your gonna have to podium every race to be season winner.

Posted: Dec 14, 2011 at 14:14 Quote
I just dont like danny hart, ive heard some stories about him from people i know who have had personal experiences with him and his dad being nobs at races. he has no personality either, you'd think for a world class athlete he'd at least smile in an interview or 2 and say a full sentence.

Posted: Dec 14, 2011 at 14:16 Quote
joemtbftw wrote:
I just dont like danny hart, ive heard some stories about him from people i know who have had personal experiences with him and his dad being nobs at races. he has no personality either, you'd think for a world class athlete he'd at least smile in an interview or 2 and say a full sentence.

I'll agree that he's a f*cked up invalid, but the rumors you've heard, are untrue, I have met him, he is a retard but he is a nice guy to be honest. He just cant talk properly.

Posted: Dec 14, 2011 at 14:16 Quote
i've met him at a local race, he's a very friendly chap actually

Posted: Dec 14, 2011 at 14:18 Quote
lely-pie wrote:
i've met him at a local race, he's a very friendly chap actually

I agree. He cant really talk to save his life though.

Posted: Dec 14, 2011 at 14:20 Quote
Technically I don't 'like' him. Maybe because I don't know him. I don't really care if he is a Knob or a retard. I like to watch him ride. If he was someone I knew personally then maybe I'd have more of an opinion. I take it you're the kind of mong who believes everything they're told and read in papers too? Daily Mail by any chance?

Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

Posted: Dec 14, 2011 at 14:33 Quote
to be fair i dont really understand how you can think he is overrated he won by 11 seconds...how can you say he is over rated? he is quick and that is all people have said about him he is possibly over rated as a person but definitely not as a rider you utter moron

Posted: Dec 14, 2011 at 14:39 Quote
jchb wrote:
to be fair i dont really understand how you can think he is overrated he won by 11 seconds...how can you say he is over rated? he is quick and that is all people have said about him he is possibly over rated as a person but definitely not as a rider you utter moron

I agree with the riding part of your comment, but he is not overrated as a person, people believe he is arrogant and stuck up about his skill, but he is very laid back about his career, and is pleasant to try to talk to.

Posted: Dec 14, 2011 at 14:46 Quote
DH-Moose wrote:
Technically I don't 'like' him. Maybe because I don't know him. I don't really care if he is a Knob or a retard. I like to watch him ride. If he was someone I knew personally then maybe I'd have more of an opinion. I take it you're the kind of mong who believes everything they're told and read in papers too? Daily Mail by any chance?

Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

No i just know that his dad started shouting at a steward at a race for no reason except her standing inline to the tape where it snapped. maybe he's alright, i dont know him, but his dad is a dick.

Posted: Dec 14, 2011 at 14:49 Quote
joemtbftw wrote:
DH-Moose wrote:

No i just know that his dad started shouting at a steward at a race for no reason except her standing inline to the tape where it snapped. maybe he's alright, i dont know him, but his dad is a dick.

EGGS!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.068577
Mobile Version of Website