Powered by Outside

Megavalanche 2020

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Megavalanche 2020
Posted: May 17, 2012 at 13:33 Quote
JakeTheRake wrote:
k-ron wrote:
JakeTheRake wrote:

Ah thanks mate ! And the passes only work for Alpe D'huez riding right ? I'm a bit confused as last year I was riding les Deux Alpes, and I went over to Alpe D'Huez to see what it was like, and all the lifts were shut... Do the other lifts run past 11am ?

The week of the mega, the main DMZ is open, and the one above that (cannot remember the name) and then the little lobster pot lift up from Oz. And then there was another one in Oz that took you up to the DH tracks they had the other races on, but this year they aren't running the other races so not sure...

Ok thanks man, brownie points ! Smile

You can buy me a beer in the hotel ;-)

Posted: May 18, 2012 at 7:54 Quote
k-ron wrote:
JakeTheRake wrote:
k-ron wrote:

The week of the mega, the main DMZ is open, and the one above that (cannot remember the name) and then the little lobster pot lift up from Oz. And then there was another one in Oz that took you up to the DH tracks they had the other races on, but this year they aren't running the other races so not sure...

Hotel ?! LUXURY !! I'm sleeping in a tent... That's what you get for paying for a trip with birthday and pocket money...

Posted: May 18, 2012 at 8:03 Quote
JakeTheRake wrote:
k-ron wrote:
JakeTheRake wrote:

Hotel ?! LUXURY !! I'm sleeping in a tent... That's what you get for paying for a trip with birthday and pocket money...

haha no drama dude, are you there on your own?

Posted: May 18, 2012 at 10:02 Quote
k-ron wrote:
JakeTheRake wrote:
k-ron wrote:

Nah my younger brother and mum are coming, but not to ride. Just "enjoying the mountains together"... Sounds kinda w*nk to me... But if walking up the mountain, taking pictures at the top and taking the lift back down is what they like... What the hell Smile

Posted: May 27, 2012 at 15:01 Quote
Hi All, I have also booked on a Gold ticket but the lift pass bit of the confirmation says: Start Sermaine 22 July 12, is this correct??. I am hopin
jtruslove wrote:
darrenpallatina wrote:
jtruslove wrote:

Keep you eye out for use guys theirs 3 of us going from coventry!!!

i will be on a baby blue alpine 160

jay

Excellent! Where you guys staying? My scott gambler is bright yellow I got red royal kit and a TLD love/hate pink lid! If any one else is going well all have to get together during that week.

im not sure where we are staying, we are booked in with flowmtb, will be staying with them, maybe a little bit out of the town center but they looks like a god outfit ad they have been given rave reviews

FL
Posted: May 27, 2012 at 15:40 Quote
nokki wrote:
Hi All, I have also booked on a Gold ticket but the lift pass bit of the confirmation says: Start Sermaine 22 July 12, is this correct??. I am hopin
jtruslove wrote:
darrenpallatina wrote:

Excellent! Where you guys staying? My scott gambler is bright yellow I got red royal kit and a TLD love/hate pink lid! If any one else is going well all have to get together during that week.

im not sure where we are staying, we are booked in with flowmtb, will be staying with them, maybe a little bit out of the town center but they looks like a god outfit ad they have been given rave reviews

The actual race day is Sunday 22nd July and the pass you also paid for is valid for 6/7 days

Posted: May 28, 2012 at 0:30 Quote
JakeTheRake wrote:
k-ron wrote:
JakeTheRake wrote:

Nah my younger brother and mum are coming, but not to ride. Just "enjoying the mountains together"... Sounds kinda w*nk to me... But if walking up the mountain, taking pictures at the top and taking the lift back down is what they like... What the hell Smile

Don't think of your mum and bro as a bad thing that they are going... Your mum will want to show her support. And at parents age (I'm 27 so my parents are well into their 50s) they don't get much of an opportunity to see places like that. I wanted my girlfriend to come although I'm going with jthe guys. Just for the experience Smile its all good. Just enjoy it. I'm well looking forward to it.

Posted: May 30, 2012 at 3:12 Quote
Do you think you could take on the mega without any Downhill experience, i want to do 2013

Posted: May 30, 2012 at 3:54 Quote
max14221 wrote:
Do you think you could take on the mega without any Downhill experience, i want to do 2013

I think it will be a challenge no matter what experience you have. The only difference woul be how fast yo hit it... The big one is fitness tho. I hear there are challet drop offs but you will be able to go round them

Posted: May 30, 2012 at 8:45 Quote
darrenpallatina wrote:
max14221 wrote:

I think it will be a challenge no matter what experience you have. The only difference woul be how fast yo hit it... The big one is fitness tho. I hear there are challet drop offs but you will be able to go round them

It's actually not that technical. And there are a lot of people who enter and cannot ride for shit and walk simple trail features which is really annoying on single track as it causes a jam.

The chalet drop sadly isn’t in the mega Frown Be awesome if it was!

Best footage I've seen from last year:

Qualifying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRziyt-C-EQ&feature=g-all-s

Race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1W9OElRhq4&feature=related

That'll give you a good idea of the track.

Fitness is the key. Altitude, heat and arm pump.

Posted: May 31, 2012 at 5:32 Quote
darrenpallatina wrote:
JakeTheRake wrote:
k-ron wrote:

Don't think of your mum and bro as a bad thing that they are going... Your mum will want to show her support. And at parents age (I'm 27 so my parents are well into their 50s) they don't get much of an opportunity to see places like that. I wanted my girlfriend to come although I'm going with jthe guys. Just for the experience Smile its all good. Just enjoy it. I'm well looking forward to it.

Yeah me too, just a bit annoyed that I'm going with my mum and not my riding friends... :/

Posted: May 31, 2012 at 8:53 Quote
JakeTheRake wrote:
darrenpallatina wrote:
JakeTheRake wrote:

Yeah me too, just a bit annoyed that I'm going with my mum and not my riding friends... :/

your more than welcome to tag along with us if you need some1 to ride with while your there

Posted: May 31, 2012 at 9:14 Quote
jtruslove wrote:
JakeTheRake wrote:
darrenpallatina wrote:

your more than welcome to tag along with us if you need some1 to ride with while your there

Same here dude, give us a should on PB if you want to hook up and ride.

Posted: May 31, 2012 at 9:53 Quote
k-ron wrote:
jtruslove wrote:
JakeTheRake wrote:

Same here dude, give us a should on PB if you want to hook up and ride.

Ah sweet ! Smile I'll be there the whole time, 16th to the 22nd, and maybe 23rd. I'll post something If I'm feeling sad and lonely... :p

FL
Posted: Jun 9, 2012 at 10:37 Quote
Mint, just sorted a lift to my first Mega!!! Really looking forward to it now. Hope the weather is good....

Done zero training and generally really unfit but whatever.....just need to sort my kit out now Geek

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.039178
Mobile Version of Website