Powered by Outside

Giant Reign vs Reign x

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 15:33 Quote
Hi all, I have a 2012 Reign X2. With the exception of a pedal upgrade it's stock. I ride mostly lift serviced trails, but I'm not yet into the super gnarly stuff.

Has anybody taken the spacer out of their Lyric R coil fork to boost the travel to 170mm? Would the extra 10mm make a difference on the downs, while not ruining the climbing ability?

Thanks for the input.
Sam

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 16:27 Quote
mtlsam wrote:
Hi all, I have a 2012 Reign X2. With the exception of a pedal upgrade it's stock. I ride mostly lift serviced trails, but I'm not yet into the super gnarly stuff.

Has anybody taken the spacer out of their Lyric R coil fork to boost the travel to 170mm? Would the extra 10mm make a difference on the downs, while not ruining the climbing ability?

Thanks for the input.
Sam

You would not feel a difference on the climbs, Mabey a small difference on the downs as it would slacked the head angle slightly

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 17:32 Quote
You would not feel a difference on the climbs, Mabey a small difference on the downs as it would slacked the head angle slightly[/Quote]

Thanks for the feedback.

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 17:37 Quote
Apostt wrote:
a-prince wrote:
I just recently put a RS coil and lyrik on my 2013 Reign. I was impressed with my stock talas but the rear float sucked major balls.

Getting a coil in the Reign frame was kind of a pain in the ass and I had to remove one of my rebound knobs to get full clearance. Most likely be replacing to a better air shock in the future. Just riding around in the street I can already tell she is already an entirely different beast.

Is there any photo of your new setup that we can see?

photo

Definitely turned her into a slow pig on the uphills but I'm all about the downhill anyway. Gotta ditch my granny ring and dropper post next.

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 17:54 Quote
photo
Here's my 2011 Reign. literally the first thing i did with it was run it at the bike park. It was keeping up, and was a bit more fun than my Status with Boxxers. Handles jumps well, and to me, seemed to eat up the rough pretty well. I haven't been able to climb too much with it, but it seems to still like to climb pretty well, even at 35 pounds.

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 19:41 Quote
TNFking wrote:
photo
Here's my 2011 Reign. literally the first thing i did with it was run it at the bike park. It was keeping up, and was a bit more fun than my Status with Boxxers. Handles jumps well, and to me, seemed to eat up the rough pretty well. I haven't been able to climb too much with it, but it seems to still like to climb pretty well, even at 35 pounds.

I actually like that bike... I know you posted it in pig/ugly bike, but its not bad. Its more fun than a status in the bike park?

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 21:14 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
TNFking wrote:
photo

I actually like that bike... I know you posted it in pig/ugly bike, but its not bad. Its more fun than a status in the bike park?

Idk why u did that is one of the best looking reigns I have seen

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 21:21 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
TNFking wrote:
photo

It was. Village isn't really a dual crown full on DH park. I mean, you can do it. Was testing them back to back on stuff like Bandit and True Grit, but the less travel makes it more jumpy and fun. And I have to ask, would I know you? It's been bothering me a bit.

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 21:57 Quote
TNFking wrote:
BeaverCreaker wrote:
TNFking wrote:
photo

It was. Village isn't really a dual crown full on DH park. I mean, you can do it. Was testing them back to back on stuff like Bandit and True Grit, but the less travel makes it more jumpy and fun. And I have to ask, would I know you? It's been bothering me a bit.

For sure, village is not DH worthy. But the pass is! And It still love ripping my glory around bandit. although now I strictly rock the commencal meta sx for the village. Glory is for the pass mostly now.

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 23:22 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
TNFking wrote:
BeaverCreaker wrote:

For sure, village is not DH worthy. But the pass is! And It still love ripping my glory around bandit. although now I strictly rock the commencal meta sx for the village. Glory is for the pass mostly now.
Ok, seriously, who the hell are you? Do I know you? It's making me angry now.

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 0:45 Quote
TNFking wrote:
BeaverCreaker wrote:
TNFking wrote:

Ok, seriously, who the hell are you? Do I know you? It's making me angry now.

whats making you angry? i live in the village..I have no clue who you are, but you may know who I am,

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031667
Mobile Version of Website