Powered by Outside

Best enduro/AM Bike?

Posted: Jun 10, 2012 at 9:13 Quote
spicy316 wrote:
im a lapierre man myself. there spicy`s r so good i have 2!!Fab A friend of mine has the ibis and he`s had nothing but issues with it, not major issues, but lots of lil finicky things. the kinda things that dont really install alot of confidence in u. The spicy on the other hand, wot a machine! there isnt nothin it cant do and do well. it makes u feel like u can do anythin on it, more than wot i`ll b ever capable of. Wether its long days out trail/xc ridin or big DH/freeride lines it just gobbles it all up n asks 4 more. So i strongly suggest u get a go on 1 cuz wen u do, you`ll b ridin it home tup

kinda thing going wrong with a mojo HD? not being funny but its in a different league to a spicy..

Posted: Jun 10, 2012 at 9:29 Quote
likeomg wrote:
spicy316 wrote:
im a lapierre man myself. there spicy`s r so good i have 2!!Fab A friend of mine has the ibis and he`s had nothing but issues with it, not major issues, but lots of lil finicky things. the kinda things that dont really install alot of confidence in u. The spicy on the other hand, wot a machine! there isnt nothin it cant do and do well. it makes u feel like u can do anythin on it, more than wot i`ll b ever capable of. Wether its long days out trail/xc ridin or big DH/freeride lines it just gobbles it all up n asks 4 more. So i strongly suggest u get a go on 1 cuz wen u do, you`ll b ridin it home tup

kinda thing going wrong with a mojo HD? not being funny but its in a different league to a spicy..

explain ? ,i dont own a lappierre i went with a blur LTc instead .but i have ridden a spicy and a mojo . a friend of mine took his spicy 516 to the alps 2 years ago and the punishment that bike took defied belief !!

Posted: Jun 10, 2012 at 9:35 Quote
b45her wrote:
likeomg wrote:
spicy316 wrote:

explain ? ,i dont own a lappierre i went with a blur LTc instead .but i have ridden a spicy and a mojo . a friend of mine took his spicy 516 to the alps 2 years ago and the punishment that bike took defied belief !!

i was asking what kinda things went wrong with a mojo hd... having sold 11 frames in the past 6 months and not having one problem with any of them, taking abuse from a few of the best riders in the lakes..

(also sold 3 slr's and no problems to report yet)

2 friends had spicy's and had a few substantial issues one of the guys cracking 2 frames at the welds around the bottom brackets

Posted: Jun 10, 2012 at 12:15 Quote
I have sold a ton of the Mojo HD and have not had any issues that I can attribute to it being the Mojo. Issues have been the parts installed on the bikes, not the bikes themselves.

Posted: Jun 10, 2012 at 12:33 Quote
just dropped the cash on some bos deville's for my personal hd.. but i guess wrong front mech's are the only problem we ever had and we have a large selection of different builds...

Posted: Jun 10, 2012 at 14:24 Quote
likeomg wrote:
b45her wrote:
likeomg wrote:

i was asking what kinda things went wrong with a mojo hd... having sold 11 frames in the past 6 months and not having one problem with any of them, taking abuse from a few of the best riders in the lakes..

(also sold 3 slr's and no problems to report yet)

2 friends had spicy's and had a few substantial issues one of the guys cracking 2 frames at the welds around the bottom brackets
my bad dude, i was under the impression we we`re talkin about full builds. my friends was bought fully built. just spoke 2 him n he informs me that the foam grips lasted weeks, the wheelsets spokes were always coming loose, a bearing issue and rear creakin from the carbon frame which is on going??? I dont doubt 4 1 second that the HD is an awesome bike, i think there a lovely lookin thing 2. Maybe he`s just been unlucky? I mean, even ferrari`s break down n have issues sometimes. As 4 the comment `different league to a spicy` i beg 2 differ. Im pretty sure theres nothing you can do on your HD that i cant do on my spicy. The only `difference in league` im seeing is in price. HD £5000 to Spicy 516 £2900! Peace.x.

Posted: Jun 10, 2012 at 15:03 Quote
That's fine, just I regularly visit the ibis dealers (2pure) and there's hardly ever any returns... Bar crankbrothers crap I wish they wouldn't put on bikes, give me his contact and I'm sure we can sort something out for him in regards to the creaking frame.. But without riding one for more than a car park you won't see the difference..

Posted: Jun 10, 2012 at 16:09 Quote
likeomg wrote:
That's fine, just I regularly visit the ibis dealers (2pure) and there's hardly ever any returns... Bar crankbrothers crap I wish they wouldn't put on bikes, give me his contact and I'm sure we can sort something out for him in regards to the creaking frame.. But without riding one for more than a car park you won't see the difference..
ive ridden his. like i say `there an awesome bike` just dont think there £2000 more awesome. I`ll bell him 2moro n tell him we`ve spoke & see whats being done about it. Then in turn if he wants me 2 give u his number i`ll b sure 2 pass it on. cheers.

Posted: Jun 10, 2012 at 21:25 Quote
Its funny he doesn't like the grips. Locally most guys go crazy for them, and it is hard to find an exact replacement. Foam grips are not my cup, but hard to argue with customers. My personal favourites are the Swayze grips from Sensus.

As for the creaking frame, I would have that checked out none of the ones I have sold had an issue with that. As for loose spoke tension that sounds like bad luck. We had 1 wheel set on a bike last year that had bad tension out of the box, the rest where good. Previous years never had an issue.

Posted: Jun 11, 2012 at 12:28 Quote
Yeti SB 66

Awesome!!! I love my bike so much, it goes up hill like nothing else iv ever ridden and it comes back down again like a bat out of hell....

And it works great on the road!!

Mine it built with a kind of freeride/down hill kind of vibe so it comes in at around 33lbs but it works so well that it doesn't really notice that much....

Always work getting your bum on a seat tho if you can.... Trying the bike is always the key, what's right for one person is not always right for another!!!

Posted: Jun 11, 2012 at 12:32 Quote
stucon wrote:
Yeti SB 66

Awesome!!! I love my bike so much, it goes up hill like nothing else iv ever ridden and it comes back down again like a bat out of hell....

Mine it built with a kind of freeride/down hill kind of vibe so it comes in at around 33lbs but it works so well that it doesn't really notice that much....

Always work getting your bum on a seat tho if you can.... Trying the bike is always the key, what's right for one person is not always right for another!!!

not bad for a suspension design copied from a supermarket bike .

Posted: Jun 11, 2012 at 12:36 Quote
b45her wrote:
stucon wrote:
Yeti SB 66

not bad for a suspension design copied from a supermarket bike .

Each to there own my friend......

I like it and that's all that matters to me!!!

Posted: Jun 11, 2012 at 14:02 Quote
stucon wrote:
Yeti SB 66

by far the best comment yet. `whats right for one person is not always right for another` +1. Its all about personal preference the end of the day n what suits you. Beer

Posted: Jun 11, 2012 at 14:31 Quote
Aren't things generally copied cause they work?
Wicked looking frame,plenty swear by em mate

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021943
Mobile Version of Website