Powered by Outside

Moving to BC: best place to live for riding?

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Moving to BC: best place to live for riding?
O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2015 at 19:14 Quote
Is there lots of work in the construction industry out there? How about roofing? I may consider a move to the west coast in the future. My kids are pretty much grow up now, my son is in Burnaby right now, working at Cypress. Although he says there's not much snow on the mountain right now.

Posted: Jan 25, 2015 at 7:01 Quote
bags1 wrote:
Is there lots of work in the construction industry out there? How about roofing? I may consider a move to the west coast in the future. My kids are pretty much grow up now, my son is in Burnaby right now, working at Cypress. Although he says there's not much snow on the mountain right now.

Yes - the next few years look to be quite busy. There is work, especially for qualified workers. Im a superintendent and most trades I use are looking for decent help. Yes, local mountains are having a bad year for snow. Very mild winter here, but the plus side is weather hasn't kept me from riding yet!!

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2015 at 7:30 Quote
That's great to hear bigredride, I may PM you for some info on the work scene. If you don't mind. I know the riding scene is going to be good!

Posted: Jan 25, 2015 at 7:42 Quote
bags1 wrote:
That's great to hear bigredride, I may PM you for some info on the work scene. If you don't mind. I know the riding scene is going to be good!

no probs.

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 16:18 Quote
bags1 wrote:

Depending on what type you do, roofing can be tricky with the amount of rain out here. I did it for a few Summers (cedar shake to asphalt conversion on sites all over the mainland) while in university. Lots of down days and some pretty long days to make up time when the weather is good.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022975
Mobile Version of Website