Powered by Outside

The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 19:58 Quote
Carl96 wrote:
Pretty sure no coil shock is going to fit the newer Slash, my 9.8 has no room at the bottom.

Only thing that looks close to fitting is the Float X2 upside down. I dont think a DB will fit either.

X2 air though?

Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 20:06 Quote
Yes, I think so but I dont have one on hand to check. It would have to be upside down to fit.

If I wasnt selling the bike I would buy a X2 and see what I could do, no complaints on the Monarch though.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 27, 2015 at 18:24 Quote
My 2016 slash 9.9 frame ships out mid september sadly. Some lucky 'mericans got the first little run!

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 6:52 Quote
ZebraJacket99 wrote:
new 2016s???? Drool

Not top fancy on the low end model specs. But the purple on the 7 is Frikin killer.

I need a beefier shock... Ive been blowing it out on jumps and drops... the rebound isn't rebounding in deep stroke now, but it's working just fine before 25/30% travel

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 6:56 Quote
TFreeman wrote:
ZebraJacket99 wrote:
new 2016s???? Drool

Not top fancy on the low end model specs. But the purple on the 7 is Frikin killer.

I need a beefier shock... Ive been blowing it out on jumps and drops... the rebound isn't rebounding in deep stroke now, but it's working just fine before 25/30% travel
have you tried a rebuild?

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 6:57 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
TFreeman wrote:
ZebraJacket99 wrote:
new 2016s???? Drool

have you tried a rebuild?

Just got it back from the shop. They're dealing with RS warranty now.

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 8:13 Quote
TFreeman wrote:
ZebraJacket99 wrote:
new 2016s???? Drool

Yea that purple is sharp. I really like the 8's orange accent scheme as well. What did you ride before slash? Im on a fuel ex8 now hoping to order the slash 8 soonish.

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 10:15 Quote
ZebraJacket99 wrote:
TFreeman wrote:
ZebraJacket99 wrote:
new 2016s???? Drool

Yea that purple is sharp. I really like the 8's orange accent scheme as well. What did you ride before slash? Im on a fuel ex8 now hoping to order the slash 8 soonish.

some hard tails and a DB sortie and my friends SJ. but mainly BMX prior to getting the slash.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 30, 2015 at 20:18 Quote
Nice to see a good spec on the 7 and 8 for 2016. Droppers and XG on the 8, along with tweaks all round. Climb switches are a very welcome addition, however I'd like to know how they ride with the monarch deboner and not the plus. Probably better for those who spend less time at the bike park than than the 2015s, as the 2015 slash 7 is basically a freeride bike without the switch.

It's funny about the paint. I find that Trek bikes always look incredibly sharp the year they come out, but then the schemes look less snazzy and fairly dated even a couple years later.

Posted: Aug 31, 2015 at 10:09 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
Nice to see a good spec on the 7 and 8 for 2016. Droppers and XG on the 8, along with tweaks all round. Climb switches are a very welcome addition, however I'd like to know how they ride with the monarch deboner and not the plus. Probably better for those who spend less time at the bike park than than the 2015s, as the 2015 slash 7 is basically a freeride bike without the switch.

It's funny about the paint. I find that Trek bikes always look incredibly sharp the year they come out, but then the schemes look less snazzy and fairly dated even a couple years later.

its because the paint is very "now" so a couple years later when the "now" has changed from EnduroGlow or Stealth black to whatever the f*ck it'll be, i'll look dated

Posted: Sep 1, 2015 at 16:08 Quote
Now that I put a larger shock up next to my slash, idk if the vivid or dhx2 or whatever will fit. Definitely not a coil shock. There is no space between my debonair and the frame for a larger shock. Shit.

Posted: Sep 1, 2015 at 17:01 Quote
X2 Air MIGHT fit upside down. It would be really close.

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 6:11 Quote
Being 6'3" and 180 I am on a 21.5 Fuel right now. Wondering if I need to stick with the same sizing when I order the Slash? Dont have the luxury of sitting one. no shops around here will ever have a slash on hand.

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 7:26 Quote
Matters if you like smaller or large bikes. I got a 19.5 with a 35mm stem and I'm 6'2" with 6'4" wingspan. But you'd probably like the 21.5 with a short stem wide bars.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025083
Mobile Version of Website