Any wisconsin riders

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
Any wisconsin riders
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 at 10:38 Quote
I would love to, but I am going on vacation with my family this weekend. Definitely next year. I didn't even know that there was a dh race there.

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 at 19:38 Quote
Menomonie, WI Brickyards BikePark getting started.
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/205664/#top

Also build up a large jumps and drops at the local SnowPark for summer.
http://www.facebook.com/dcsnowpark

Posted: Jul 12, 2011 at 3:14 Quote
chrpet00 wrote:
Menomonie, WI Brickyards BikePark getting started.
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/205664/#top

Also build up a large jumps and drops at the local SnowPark for summer.
http://www.facebook.com/dcsnowpark

Does not look to bad but far from me.

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2012 at 17:27 Quote
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I'm currently living in Madison at the moment (moved here from the UK) and would love to meet some riders for the upcoming spring season to ride some AM and DH.

I've hit up Quarry park and pretty much got bored of it now, I've heard blackhawk is decent.

I have no idea where anything is and I don't have a car but would love to tear things up! So places within a hours ride of Madison would be ideal

I'm on a 160-150mm am/fr bike that I can tackle pretty much anything on, so if anyone has any suggestions for where to ride I'm open to suggestions!

thanks

Posted: Dec 13, 2012 at 18:44 Quote
Definitely go ride Blackhawk. It'd be pretty much perfect for your bike/style. I'd go ride with you, but I moved to Ohio the beginning of the year. As for pure DH, I'm not too sure you'll find a whole lot of it in Wisconsin... But there's plenty of fun to be had on AM/Lighter FR and DJ bikes.

I also noticed you didn't mention Quarry Ridge. It's in Fitchburg, and it's a bit bigger than Quarry Park, and has some nicer aggressive downhill lines.

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2012 at 20:14 Quote
Well that sounds great to me, I managed to get hold of one of the CORP riders who recommended Quarry ridge but as long as there is something aggressive to play with then I reckon that is a good start.

Are there any riders who want to meet up when the snow clears to ride? I've been here a few months now and not enough riding has been done!

Posted: Dec 15, 2012 at 16:48 Quote
Milwaukee checking in. Mostly ride street and, Ray's. Occasionally the hoyt, and alpha.

Posted: Jan 20, 2013 at 18:19 Quote
Aren't they supposed to be building some new DH park out there?

Might also be worth it to try to meet some folks who work at Trek - their private trail system is invite-only but they're a ton of fun. You can get full use out of a 160mm bike out there easy.

I'm also a fan of Levis out near Eau Claire. Most of it is pretty similar to Kettle but there are some really nice views and there are a few really gnarly spots.

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2013 at 10:54 Quote
danny-we will show you the madison spots. but in the mean time you have to join us at rays.

Posted: Jan 21, 2013 at 11:11 Quote
Waukesha checking in. I ride a Kona Tanuki. I ride Emma Carlin/John Muir and Ray's mostly. Will explore more this summer. Also heard they are building a bike park in Franklin, Crystal Ridge area. Any confirms on this rumor?

Posted: Jan 21, 2013 at 11:24 Quote
nfellows wrote:
Waukesha checking in. I ride a Kona Tanuki. I ride Emma Carlin/John Muir and Ray's mostly. Will explore more this summer. Also heard they are building a bike park in Franklin, Crystal Ridge area. Any confirms on this rumor?

Thats were the alpha trail is. snakes threw whitnal park and down the ski hill. When i road it in the summer there was construction equipment enlarging the parking lot and smoothing it out.

Posted: Jan 21, 2013 at 17:01 Quote
nfellows wrote:

Kona built a bike called a raccoon?

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 at 14:52 Quote
HxCforever wrote:
nfellows wrote:

Thats were the alpha trail is. snakes threw whitnal park and down the ski hill. When i road it in the summer there was construction equipment enlarging the parking lot and smoothing it out.

I know about the Alpha trail, but I also heard that they are going to build a legitimate bike park called The Rock or something like that there. It is supposed to have baseball fields there are well. I will ty and do some more research.

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 at 14:56 Quote
nfellows wrote:
HxCforever wrote:
nfellows wrote:

I know about the Alpha trail, but I also heard that they are going to build a legitimate bike park called The Rock or something like that there. It is supposed to have baseball fields there are well. I will ty and do some more research.

Apparently there is a website, who knew (www.rockcomplex.com). According to the website they are building more aggressiv trails being designed by Gravity Logic.

Posted: Feb 11, 2013 at 17:06 Quote
I live about 45min. outside of Madison, and I have some buddies that ride on the near west side. I recently converted over to a 26" DJ from a bmx. Let me know if anyone is interested in riding this spring. I typically ride quarry park, ray's, madison street (i know of many spots), and I would like to venture to blackhawk, although I'm not sure if blackhawk is ride-able with a hardtail.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.036300
Mobile Version of Website