Powered by Outside

Commencal Meta V3 Builds

PB Forum :: Commencal
Commencal Meta V3 Builds
Posted: May 1, 2018 at 17:32 Quote
Has anyone messsd with trying to remove the factory graphics? They are painted on and id like to get rid of some of them. The graphics from the factory look a little too busy for my taste.

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 12:43 Quote
Someone can explain me this? I've lent a DHX RC2 from a friend and tried fitting on the Meta V3 (mine apparently has piggyback chainstays) and surprisingly it fits. The "only" issue is the piggyback that is too wide, but eveything else fitted fine , even if extremely tight. Anyone know of coil shocks with similar dimensions, but smaller piggyback that could fit on the Meta?

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 23:46 Quote
LoreSka wrote:
Someone can explain me this? I've lent a DHX RC2 from a friend and tried fitting on the Meta V3 (mine apparently has piggyback chainstays) and surprisingly it fits. The "only" issue is the piggyback that is too wide, but eveything else fitted fine , even if extremely tight. Anyone know of coil shocks with similar dimensions, but smaller piggyback that could fit on the Meta?

Cane Creek DB IL Coil would be your best bet for sure: http://www.canecreek.com/product/dbcoil-il/

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 9:57 Quote
coreyBCT wrote:
Has anyone messsd with trying to remove the factory graphics? They are painted on and id like to get rid of some of them. The graphics from the factory look a little too busy for my taste.

You would have to sand the whole frame down and paint it from scratch. Unless you use a company like fat creations, it will probably look awful.

FL
Posted: Aug 1, 2018 at 14:11 Quote
Hey guys I have a 2017 v3 and am interested in getting a dropper post. Anyone out there that has installed one know how the internal routing works?

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2018 at 3:30 Quote
Keaganbikes wrote:
Hey guys I have a 2017 v3 and am interested in getting a dropper post. Anyone out there that has installed one know how the internal routing works?

Hey mate. I had a reverb, and have now installed a brand X dropper. I route from left side of handlebar into internal port, down bottom tube, out right side of exit, up around right rear side of shock (cable tie this section to the frame) and then up the seat internally.

Posted: Aug 28, 2018 at 20:52 Quote
2017 Meta Am v3 I built up

Raceface turbine R rear wheel
Wtb front wheel
Shimano xt 1x11 drivetrain
Raceface aeffect cranks/front ring
Raceface Chester pedals
Sram code rsc brakes
160mm yari up front
Ks dropper

Such a fun bike to ride

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Feb 4, 2019 at 6:21 Quote
Has anyone fitted the new NX Eagle system to a v3? I’m looking at getting one but have not had much experience with press for bttom brackets. Anyone know if the standard sram dub bb92 fits?

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 14:09 Quote
Paul7189 wrote:
Has anyone fitted the new NX Eagle system to a v3? I’m looking at getting one but have not had much experience with press for bttom brackets. Anyone know if the standard sram dub bb92 fits?

Yes, it does fit. I have the NX Eagle on my 2016 v3. You can’t use the center part of the dub bottom bracket (part that connects the two outer bearing cups) because there is a squared off edge on the v3 that it interferes with.

Make sure you get the 6mm offset chainring. My groupset is a take off from another bike and the 3mm one that came with it is way off on alignment. I didn’t realize this and it caused me some frustration until I made a quick search on the topic.

Posted: Feb 8, 2019 at 12:18 Quote
Magic30 wrote:
Paul7189 wrote:

Yes, it does fit. I have the NX Eagle on my 2016 v3. You can’t use the center part of the dub bottom bracket (part that connects the two outer bearing cups) because there is a squared off edge on the v3 that it interferes with.

Make sure you get the 6mm offset chainring. My groupset is a take off from another bike and the 3mm one that came with it is way off alignment. I didn’t realize this and it caused me some frustration until I made a quick search on the topic.

Cheers for the reply! Not seen a chain set off set option. Would that be the boost model maybe?

Edit - just noticed the current ones specify boost. Mine is the 2016 model and doesn’t say if it is or isn’t so I’m unsure still

Posted: Feb 8, 2019 at 15:42 Quote
Paul7189 wrote:
Magic30 wrote:
Paul7189 wrote:

Make sure you get the 6mm offset chainring. My groupset is a take off from another bike and the 3mm one that came with it is way off alignment. I didn’t realize this and it caused me some frustration until I made a quick search on the topic.

Cheers for the reply! Not seen a chain set off set option. Would that be the boost model maybe?

Edit - just noticed the current ones specify boost. Mine is the 2016 model and doesn’t say if it is or isn’t so I’m unsure still

I have a 2016 as well. My groupset came with 3mm offset chainring and it doesn’t align well at all. The 3mm offset chainring is intended for boost spacing. I was able to ride with it, but it’s not right.

The 6mm offset Chainring I ordered should be for standard spacing (12x142). I’ll be installing it shortly and that looks like it should align things properly.

Edit:
https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/3mm-or-6mm-chainring-offset-aaarrrgghh/

FYI...can’t help you with selecting the option since I bought second hand and kinda got what I got.

Posted: Mar 11, 2019 at 12:13 Quote
Hey, I own a 2012 meta am size m
And wanted to know if the cane creek db IL
Would fit, has any one tried yet?

update: It does not fit Frown

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 22:16 Quote
There's a chance it will. Some reports say it won't but others have done it. Depends on clearance. I'd say go for it and let us know!

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2019 at 7:21 Quote
For anyone else looking for a rear shock, I have a 2013 V3, size large, with the old style chainstay (chunky, not much room for the shock). That said, I was able to fit a 2018 monarch rt3 debonair without any issues.

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 7:55 Quote
Little question I have a meta V3 2016 and I would like to mount a damper spring on I had already asked about this topic and I was told that it did not happen, in the wake I had sent to beginal an email that m ' answered this:

First of all, thank you for contacting us.

Glad to know that you enjoy your Meta AM V3 :-)

This frame is not compatible with spring dampers.
The attachment at the base is very low, and a spring cup would touch the base.
You must stay on the air damper, with the air can side tipper.

The only spring damper likely to mount, would be the CaneCreek DB Inline Coil. Because the spring is side rocker.
But we have never tested it on a Meta AM V3, so I can not say 100% that it comes back ... To try ...

If you want more information, do not hesitate.

cordially

Sebastien

So I would like to know if anyone had already done this with the CaneCreek DB Inline Coil?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.057451
Mobile Version of Website